TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Where does this culture of entitlement come from?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Re: Where does this culture of entitlement come from?

Postby No_Name » July 31st, 2019, 7:37 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:one popular one comes to mind "why the (expletive) gov't doh build we a race track?".

As if it is the duty of the gov't to provide you with recreation.
And to make it worst they then go on to break the law as a ransom.
"eh heh!? they doh want to build we no track?!? Watch we go race on the road!"

d spike wrote:As asked in the post's topic, this culture of entitlement, where did it come from? I have my own ideas, but they have always been labeled as "racist"

the state of being dotish is not confined to any one race.

Because Duane, it's easier to build Basketball Courts, Swimming Pools etc, all suited to the "entitled" kind, rather than gee we an Official, Centrally Located Raceway with all amenities, safety etc targeted to all avenues of vehicle sport enthusiasts...
After all, that might just encourage more Family gatherings, exposure of Local Talent regarding anything in our Automobile Industry...

Just sayin...

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » July 31st, 2019, 9:17 pm

Spoiled children make lousy adults.

The world shot up economy wise from the 80s-late 90's and as a result parents could take better care of their kids.
ie pacifying their every want and need.

Now the kids that were raised in this generation making kids of their own, and the result is what we're seeing today. Just youths throwing temper tantrums till they get what they want.

men have lower testosterone levels than ever and women are acting more like men.
Momma's boys and princess syndrome.
Tables are turning all because we let our kids have all the games and candy they wanted.

Butterfly effect, snowball effect. They got that system ingrained in them from small. It's easy to just put on the TV/youtube to make your parenting easier, But when your kids become teens, they wont respect you.

(also don't be too hard on your kids please, there's a balance. Find it.)

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » July 31st, 2019, 9:37 pm

No_Name wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:one popular one comes to mind "why the (expletive) gov't doh build we a race track?".

d spike wrote:As asked in the post's topic, this culture of entitlement, where did it come from? I have my own ideas, but they have always been labeled as "racist"

Because Duane, it's easier to build Basketball Courts, Swimming Pools etc, all suited to the "entitled" kind, rather than gee we an Official, Centrally Located Raceway with all amenities, safety etc targeted to all avenues of vehicle sport enthusiasts...
After all, that might just encourage more Family gatherings, exposure of Local Talent regarding anything in our Automobile Industry...

Just sayin...

I've seen both sides.

Anyone here worked or is close to someone on a local sporting federation?

It is complaints down the line about beging the government or sponsors to giwwe thing. Meanwhile, they half serious about the sport, lack discipline and love to drink.

The saddest thing to see though is when you actually try to help an athlete who deserves it and the guy is so majorly appreciative pushing himself harder, only to be hated on by other more entitled athletes who jealous. Worst is when they try to poison the person's mind saying how he/she should be getting more.

Ever wonder why men like Lara, Ato or Yorke distance themselves from local sports almost entirely? Toxicity is so rampant.

Not all trinis lazy, in fact I'm often surprised at how many smart most capable people there are, but we have an extremely toxic hater attitude that breeds jealously and negativity.

We've been spoilt by oil money and the attitude of 'i deserve something look I do X or Y' needs to stop.

I get that it's extremely demoralising when you do work hard, have a good education and some nobody gets a big post because they politically affiliated. But that's life, make your own luck too.

whiteliver
Street 2NR

Postby whiteliver » July 31st, 2019, 10:31 pm

Think am gonna screen shot this post, frame it and hang it on mih veranda .

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Re:

Postby screwbash » August 1st, 2019, 4:37 am

ek4ever wrote:This culture come from the PNM.

Next question

no so much pnm, manning tried to get the out of the gimme gimme to some extent but the real man who cause the ting was d fadda of the cuntry,the biggest kant of all, ERIK WILYAMS. he bring all them small islanders here and gee dem ting so they pass that onto they chirren. if you check all dem gimme gimme people background they have a foot in one ah dem small island. the ones dat came from india, china and middle east doh have that gimme gimme attitude. daz y it have so much crime and bandits cause of the gimme gimme and daz y pnm still in power. over the last 50 years pnm rule for 40 of the years with trillions passing and wah TT hadda show deside a few big building build in pos that manning build using chinee labour and calda heart? unc build d airport, overpass, extend highway, hospitals,in 10 years, yet people go say kamla teif and sheit, who in dey rite mind go build 2 overpass costing millions about 3 km apart, when access and bypass roads to like to the same unc overpass would have been better, but somone had to unload the kdonna property for big money, so jus now it to have a overpass to build by :

uwi lights
macoya
,trincity,
maloney,
la horquetta
at 500 million a piece is 2.5 billion. great is the pnm yes

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 1st, 2019, 9:20 am

l33t2 wrote:
Ever wonder why men like Lara, Ato or Yorke distance themselves from local sports almost entirely? Toxicity is so rampant.

Not all trinis lazy, in fact I'm often surprised at how many smart most capable people there are, but we have an extremely toxic hater attitude that breeds jealously and negativity.

I agree that not all Trinis are lazy, which is why there will be a hater attitude to the remaining Trinis who are scum. Hard working people are disgusted with lazy people and therefore when they have achieved their goals and accomplishments, they will distant themselves. This is why most of the good Trinis migrate. Nothing is wrong with that.

So, iiiiiii must work hard and then mingle with these lazy Trini smelly sponges?

Btw, Ato is failure so he didn’t distant himself from local sports. Its the other way around.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2019, 9:23 am

MaxPower wrote:
l33t2 wrote:

I agree that not all Trinis are lazy, which is why there will be a hater attitude to the remaining Trinis who are scum. Hard working people are disgusted with lazy people and therefore when they have achieved their goals and accomplishments, they will distant themselves. This is why most of the good Trinis migrate. Nothing is wrong with that.

So, iiiiiii must work hard and then mingle with these lazy Trini smelly sponges?

Btw, Ato is failure so he didn’t distant himself from local sports. Its the other way around.
Ato is not a failure, he's coaching one of Jamacias top female upcoming Sprinters.

You see him coaching wine and jam trin sprinters

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 1st, 2019, 9:48 am

zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
l33t2 wrote:

Ato is not a failure, he's coaching one of Jamacias top female upcoming Sprinters.

You see him coaching wine and jam trin sprinters

You taking on he? MaxTunts prolly couldn't run 5 feet without collapsing into a wheezing heap of mess, yet he wants to pass his mouth on one of the greatest sprinters of all time.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » August 3rd, 2019, 10:18 am

d spike wrote:As asked in the post's topic, this culture of entitlement, where did it come from? I have my own ideas, but they have always been labeled as "racist"... because of their source rather than their content, I presume.

Young people now seem to have this feeling that someone will come from somewhere and give them what they need/want... and this is due to them - not just a fantasy.

Someone should give them a job, based on their hopes, not their experience or qualifications. When you attempt to discuss the need for groundwork, starting from the basics and working up, you are sneered at. Don't try to mention all those you knew who started off by sweeping the floor and ended up a Director, you're wasting your time.

Also, I have met people who beg... offer them a job on an estate at estate pay (I run an estate, not a charitable institution)... only to be told, "nah man, dat eh what ah was looking for... you want ah desk wuk???

Whenever a group wants to raise funds, the first thing they seem to do is ask for donations. No cake sale, no jumble sale, not even a 'tea-party and fashion show' joke, no nuttin... jus' put ah enamel mug in front yuh, an' shake it.

Who tell dem somebody owe dem something?
PNM. Next question

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Re: Re:

Postby No_Name » August 4th, 2019, 10:17 pm

screwbash wrote:

Next question

no so much pnm, manning tried to get the out of the gimme gimme to some extent but the real man who cause the ting was d fadda of the cuntry,the biggest kant of all, ERIK WILYAMS. he bring all them small islanders here and gee dem ting so they pass that onto they chirren. if you check all dem gimme gimme people background they have a foot in one ah dem small island. the ones dat came from india, china and middle east doh have that gimme gimme attitude. daz y it have so much crime and bandits cause of the gimme gimme and daz y pnm still in power. over the last 50 years pnm rule for 40 of the years with trillions passing and wah TT hadda show deside a few big building build in pos that manning build using chinee labour and calda heart? unc build d airport, overpass, extend highway, hospitals,in 10 years, yet people go say kamla teif and sheit, who in dey rite mind go build 2 overpass costing millions about 3 km apart, when access and bypass roads to like to the same unc overpass would have been better, but somone had to unload the kdonna property for big money, so jus now it to have a overpass to build by :

uwi lights
macoya
,trincity,
maloney,
la horquetta
at 500 million a piece is 2.5 billion. great is the pnm yes

Could not have said it better....
Daiz y Erik is d Fadda ah DEM NATION...!!!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 4th, 2019, 10:51 pm

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 5th, 2019, 1:22 am

^^^^ everything has to rhyme?

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » August 5th, 2019, 3:12 am

nervewrecker wrote:https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/ethiopian-black-international-congress-send-us-to-africa/article_a52eb706-b4bf-11e9-87f6-dff2e857a5e5.html?fbclid=IwAR3gt8i_Y7sytseHkNm3IkOEUJXnDrz8CZfblwzARsx5qaC86Cem697qinM

Bobo ashanti like to live in the past. Forever slavery and entitlement mentality.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 5th, 2019, 8:56 am

I agree with their request if that is what they want. The TT government should contact the Ethiopian government and see if they can make arrangements. This was the idea behind the formation of Liberia as well:
In the United States there was a movement to resettle free-born blacks and freed slaves who faced racial discrimination in the form of political disenfranchisement and the denial of civil, religious, and social privileges. Most whites and later a small cadre of black nationalists believed that blacks would face better chances for freedom in Africa than in the U.S. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia#E ... lonization

And so they did; while black people in USA were still burdened with slavery, and then Jim Crow discrimination for the next 150 years, a group of people founded Liberia in Africa and lived their own way.

So if the Bobo Ashanti believe that they are not Trinidadian and feel that since 1834 they haven't got anything they wanted in the way they practice their lifestyle, they should be allowed to return if they want. They really live in a secluded, closed society from the rest of us and kept their traditions unchanged over that time and they don't deserve our corrupt Western lifestyle. I never knew that this is what the local Bobo Ashanti really wanted all this time.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 5th, 2019, 9:06 am

maj. tom wrote:

I agree with their request if that is what they want. The TT government should contact the Ethiopian government and see if they can make arrangements. This was the idea behind the formation of Liberia as well:
In the United States there was a movement to resettle free-born blacks and freed slaves who faced racial discrimination in the form of political disenfranchisement and the denial of civil, religious, and social privileges. Most whites and later a small cadre of black nationalists believed that blacks would face better chances for freedom in Africa than in the U.S. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia#E ... lonization

And so they did; while black people in USA were still burdened with slavery, and then Jim Crow discrimination for the next 150 years, a group of people founded Liberia in Africa and lived their own way.

So if the Bobo Ashanti believe that they are not Trinidadian and feel that since 1834 they haven't got anything they wanted in the way they practice their lifestyle, they should be allowed to return if they want. They really live in a secluded, closed society from the rest of us and kept their traditions unchanged over that time and they don't deserve our corrupt Western lifestyle. I never knew that this is what the local Bobo Ashanti really wanted all this time.

I don't think any of them have been to Africa.... after 2 days they would beg to come back T&T. I have been there, its not a nice place at all. Trinidad is a paradise in comparison. Jah bless the white man for bringing our ancestors to this part of the planet. Be it by slavery, indentureship or otherwise. We are much better now for it...

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 5th, 2019, 9:20 am

Big Chune...

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » August 7th, 2019, 3:01 pm

maj. tom wrote:

In other words they could haul dey MC

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » August 7th, 2019, 11:07 pm

Another angle I realised

Nobody really got disciplined.

How many times you see people breaking the law on the road? Just minor stuff like driving on the shoulder/bus route?
Now how many times you see police pulling them over?

They know they can get away with it, that's why it continues. They feel entitled to the privilege of bypassing traffic.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

(bonus, its usually poor/ghetto people committing most of the crimes with most arrogance)

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 7th, 2019, 11:17 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:Another angle I realised

Nobody really got disciplined.

How many times you see people breaking the law on the road? Just minor stuff like driving on the shoulder/bus route?
Now how many times you see police pulling them over?

They know they can get away with it, that's why it continues. They feel entitled to the privilege of bypassing traffic.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

(bonus, its usually poor/ghetto people committing most of the crimes with most arrogance)

Big chit folk you know the so call good citizens break the just as ghetto folk.

Remember some pnm minster girlfriend got catch diving without insurance.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » August 7th, 2019, 11:27 pm

is mostly tiida/voxy/AD wagon/H100 does be driving down the shoulder

The upper-lower class sufferer vehicles.

When last you see a euro (from recent years) taking the shoulder?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 7th, 2019, 11:44 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:is mostly tiida/voxy/AD wagon/H100 does be driving down the shoulder

last night and last week Wednesday :|

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » August 8th, 2019, 7:54 am

and how many more sufferer vehicles did you see?

There are always exceptions to the rule.

Money cyar buy class, but class and money goes hand in hand.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 8th, 2019, 7:59 am

that is normal BMW life though. In fact driving like a jackass almost guarantees that it's a BMW (not the other way around) in many other countries, especially Florida and Russia. It's such a known thing that if you Google or YouTube "idiot driver bmw" you will see exactly what i mean.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » August 8th, 2019, 11:42 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:is mostly tiida/voxy/AD wagon/H100 does be driving down the shoulder

2 weeks ago, some kant in a white XF flying down the shoulder southbound just before gasparillo turn-off. Almost ran into the vehicle on the left lane.... mashing one setta brakes nearly run off into the bush. I swear if he did crash I woulda stop and laugh at he kant and drive off

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » August 8th, 2019, 11:43 am

maj. tom wrote:that is normal BMW life though. In fact driving like a jackass almost guarantees that it's a BMW (not the other way around) in many other countries, especially Florida and Russia. It's such a known thing that if you Google or YouTube "idiot driver bmw" you will see exactly what i mean.
Actually, driving like a jackass more and more guarantee is a pickup driver

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » August 8th, 2019, 5:26 pm

If Bobo Ashanti want to go so badly back put them on a boat! when them congo man start ponging out their women/wives they will pray and regret leaving Trinidad.. also when they bounce up boko haram or somalian pirates they will be sorry because i doubt they going deep in the wilderness to continue their unchanged practice/tradition... most of them so called bobo ashanti does be eating their meat behind closed doors, cant live without their whatsapp and coming out to preach oh how they refrain from meat stupezzzz

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 8th, 2019, 5:31 pm

eliteauto wrote:

Beemer, Benz and Ordee is within sufferer reach now, ollour realize that right?

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » August 8th, 2019, 7:46 pm

De Dragon wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

Beemer, Benz and Ordee is within sufferer reach now, ollour realize that right?

yeah the older ones, which is why I specified the newer ones.

The new ones, driven by higher class people, break the speed limit and weave between traffic. (stupid, I know)

Sufferers just drive on the shoulder because their cars aren't as luxurious and they cant handle sitting in poverty for long.

Men with new euros just like the thrill of speed.
Sufferers just want to get home to their galvanize shack to beat dey wife before sunset.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby RedVEVO » August 9th, 2019, 12:20 am

Next question

PNM is a great party .

But they made major mistakes in their implementation or lack thereof of their social programs .

They seem to support formation of the "ghettos" and then control the people financially .

Hence the attitude or entitlement nature .

Today survival is their mantra.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”