Re: RIM / BlackBerry Thread

Postby casper » September 4th, 2012, 12:31 pm

ppl in brazil like dey love ah nokia bai :shock:

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » September 4th, 2012, 12:45 pm

firstchoicett wrote:
snypaz wrote:Selling my Bold Touch (9930). Lemme know if you want it.

price ?

Check your PM

Psychosandre1
Ricer

Postby Psychosandre1 » September 4th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Guys anyone can assist me recently bought a used bold9900 AT&T brand ,guy told me I always have to use a password on it.At the time I thought nothing about it ,but not it locks after 30 minutes ,when I went in to options,security,password .Password is lock ,enable ,but can't disable it ,but I can change the password ,I don't mind it being so ,but I can't even change the amount of minutes before it locks ,reading on line about something about (IT);policy on the phone ,when I go to that screen it says if I view (IT) policy phone will lock so I didn't bother ,any suggestions I don't mind if I have to pay anyone to unlock well you kno what I mean thanks

luvs_escalade
Ricer

Re:

Postby luvs_escalade » September 4th, 2012, 11:43 pm

RASC wrote:BB users are part of a Cult :|

:cry: :cry: <-------so mean

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » September 5th, 2012, 9:21 am

Psychosandre1 wrote:Guys anyone can assist me recently bought a used bold9900 AT&T brand ,guy told me I always have to use a password on it.At the time I thought nothing about it ,but not it locks after 30 minutes ,when I went in to options,security,password .Password is lock ,enable ,but can't disable it ,but I can change the password ,I don't mind it being so ,but I can't even change the amount of minutes before it locks ,reading on line about something about (IT);policy on the phone ,when I go to that screen it says if I view (IT) policy phone will lock so I didn't bother ,any suggestions I don't mind if I have to pay anyone to unlock well you kno what I mean thanks

So you can change the password but you can disable it?

Anyhow. Removing the IT policy may be the best thing. My advice would be to back up the phone, Enter the password incorrectly 10 times, the phone will wipe and you'd be given the option of a new password, restore whatever you had and change the settings after.

kevinknr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kevinknr » September 5th, 2012, 9:43 am

Need some help also..

I have a 9300 and the battery becomes completely drained after 6 hours. Even after a full charge.

I turned off Bluetooth, WIFI, GPS and deleted a couple apps but no improvement. I even removed the battery, checked for swelling, dust, etc. I tried different chargers as well. No results.

It's only 4 months old. It was working fine until I signed up for BIS last week. Could this have something to do with it?

OS is OS 6, if that matters.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » September 5th, 2012, 9:52 am

upgrade the os

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » September 5th, 2012, 10:24 am

kevinknr wrote:Need some help also..

I have a 9300 and the battery becomes completely drained after 6 hours. Even after a full charge.

I turned off Bluetooth, WIFI, GPS and deleted a couple apps but no improvement. I even removed the battery, checked for swelling, dust, etc. I tried different chargers as well. No results.

It's only 4 months old. It was working fine until I signed up for BIS last week. Could this have something to do with it?

If you're a heavy user, 6hrs is alot. Trust me. If i get 6hrs of constant use out of my battery I'd be grateful. But yes. BIS is the cause of the battery being drained so quickly. Advice, Get an extra battery.

kevinknr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kevinknr » September 5th, 2012, 10:57 am

snypaz wrote:

If you're a heavy user, 6hrs is alot. Trust me. If i get 6hrs of constant use out of my battery I'd be grateful. But yes. BIS is the cause of the battery being drained so quickly. Advice, Get an extra battery.

I'm not that heavy of a user. The battery drains even when the phone isn't in use like at night when I'm asleep for example.

I'll try upgrading the OS as Triad suggested. or at least reinstalling it. Thanks

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » September 5th, 2012, 12:20 pm

You sure no apps are running in the background? Do you lock the keypad when not in use (holding down the mute button)

kevinknr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kevinknr » September 5th, 2012, 12:48 pm

^^ Yep. No apps that I can see. and yeah, I lock the keypad.

I checked my OS and its 6.0.0.2 something or the other. I saw one on Crackberry that's 6.0.0.7 something. Gonna try upgrading to that and see if it helps.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » September 5th, 2012, 12:53 pm

or look for a hybrid OS, works better than the RIM issued ones

copper_shot
Riding on 16's

Postby copper_shot » September 5th, 2012, 2:32 pm

bold 9930 / T-mobile
using a bmobile sim
recieving texts, and calls from land lines and digicel phones
not receiving calls from bmobiles phones, other person hears the phone ringing but i get no call, just a missed call txt afterwards

what needs to be changed?
i changed my no. to +1868*******/ 868*******/ and just the no. itself
same problem

copper_shot
Riding on 16's

Postby copper_shot » September 5th, 2012, 3:01 pm

thanks,, got thru

changed network to 2g

Prototype-Tuner
Sweet on this forum

Postby Prototype-Tuner » September 5th, 2012, 7:45 pm

http://berrylicio.us/bl6-friends-multi- ... x97xx9800/

I am currently using this works better more responsive less battery drain

goes a whole day with moderate usage

ice_winged_angel
Ricer

Postby ice_winged_angel » September 6th, 2012, 4:43 am

Hey need some help here guys.

For the last 2 nights, for some reason, my digi bb curve 8520 seems to be switching off the mobile network. I get the TSOS for network coverage.
Tried switching networks, selecting from auto to manual and vice versa.
Any idea about what's going on?

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » September 11th, 2012, 12:32 am

I know this is a fairly common issue but i got a 9900 and it randomly reboots, I've wiped it bbsak and reloaded a fresh copy of the latest 7.1. Still reboots anyone know of a fix? Whether it be hardware etc.

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » September 13th, 2012, 7:21 pm

I'm getting a BB 9300 for a fairly good price from a friend, just the trackpad isn't working. I know the trackpad isn't much to replace, but are there any possibilities that it can be anything other than the trackpad ? Just making sure before I purchase it.

sensiman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sensiman » September 14th, 2012, 5:02 am

32 gb playbook on sale at walmart.ca for ca$118

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 14th, 2012, 11:00 am

I see everyone bring out great things in smart phone and RIM come out with a FB thing fail.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 14th, 2012, 11:01 am

Jonathan_337 wrote:I'm getting a BB 9300 for a fairly good price from a friend, just the trackpad isn't working. I know the trackpad isn't much to replace, but are there any possibilities that it can be anything other than the trackpad ? Just making sure before I purchase it.

the trackpad should be it .

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » September 15th, 2012, 2:36 am

firstchoicett wrote:
Jonathan_337 wrote:I'm getting a BB 9300 for a fairly good price from a friend, just the trackpad isn't working. I know the trackpad isn't much to replace, but are there any possibilities that it can be anything other than the trackpad ? Just making sure before I purchase it.

the trackpad should be it .

Cool, thanks. Also is the 8520 trackpad the same or I'd have to get a 9300 trackpad? I know someone with an 8520 trackpad which is why I asked.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 15th, 2012, 8:49 am

9300 and 9800 trackpad are the same, not 8520

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » September 15th, 2012, 9:01 am

ABA Trading LTD wrote:9300 and 9800 trackpad are the same, not 8520

Ok thanks. I know you sl miscellaneous stuff, would you happen to have a 9300 trackpad or know where I can get one?

HondaHo de 1st
Chronic 2NR

Postby HondaHo de 1st » September 15th, 2012, 9:53 am

Eric Savitz, Forbes Staff

Covering the intersection of tech and investing.
Follow (1,010)
CIO Network
|
6/28/2012 @ 6:05PM |4,119 views
RIM: Can They Survive?
+ Comment now

Let’s be clear here: survival of Research In Motion as a going concern is becoming a questionable proposition.

The BlackBerry maker today announced a slew of bad news. The company posted a much larger than expected loss for the fiscal first quarter ended May 31. RIM is cutting 5,000 jobs, about 30% of the current staff. It expects further losses in the second quarter, and you have to think there will be at least one more quarter of red ink after that. Worst of all, the company announced that BlackBerry 10, the company’s next generation mobile phone OS, will be delayed until the first quarter of 2013.

That is very, very bad news for RIM bulls. The problem is simple. The company is being crushed by more capable Apple, Google Android and Windows Phone 7 (and soon Phone 8) devices. RIM CEO Thorsten Heins on the company’s post-report conference call talked extensively about how BlackBerry 10 is a brand new platform. But that just seems like a massive long shot.

Forester analyst Charles Golvin addressed that point in comments this afternoon.

“The window for BlackBerry to remain a platform with viable growth potential is closing, and this development illustrates the pace at which it is closing,” he says. “In the upcoming period before the BlackBerry 10 launch we expect a new iPhone, more Android devices running Google’s latest version, and a massive push from Microsoft behind all the next versions of Windows. For the first BlackBerry 10 device to win the attention of customers and developer at its new launch date it will have to prove itself better than the alternatives by leaps and bounds — the likelihood of that is very, very low.”

Golvin nails it. Yes, the company has more than $2 billion in cash. The company has a potentially valuable patent portfolio. And it has 78 million active users. But how in the world does anyone conclude that this company has a decent chance to survive with a flood of iOS6, Windows Phone 8 and Android 4.1 devices all expected to show up on the market before BB 10 gets here – while new cheap Android devices continue to spread into the low end of the market, the company’s sole remaining source of strength.

Tomorrow, there will be a fresh round of talk about how low the company’s stock can go, but these are asset valuation calculations. It is certainly possible that someone buys some of the pieces, in particular the patent portfolio, which along with the cash now accounts for most of RIM’s remaining value. But the heart of the matter is that the company’s fortunes are still on the decline, and there is not much reason to expect a BB 10-based revival.

In late trading, RIMM is down $1.38, or 15.1%, to $7.75.

I have 9700, hasnt given me any major issues, but what happens if they go under? do they close up shop? will there be a buy out?

kevinknr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kevinknr » September 15th, 2012, 1:14 pm

^^^I hope someone buys them out and continues the Blackberry line. With improvements of course. Even though Blackberry isn't going so well right now, I still like my Blackberry very much. Hope things work out.

kar_freak
Street 2NR

Postby kar_freak » September 15th, 2012, 4:24 pm

i restored my bbm contacts on a new bb, and all came up but i still have to re-invite them when i try to chat ..this isnt supposed to happen? :S

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » September 15th, 2012, 4:29 pm

kar_freak wrote:i restored my bbm contacts on a new bb, and all came up but i still have to re-invite them when i try to chat ..this isnt supposed to happen? :S

obviously. :roll: new bb = new pin. they have to authorize the new pin

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » September 18th, 2012, 7:15 pm

This looking good actually

RIM’s L-Series BlackBerry 10 Smartphone Spilled

Source: TechnoBuffalo

kevinknr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kevinknr » September 18th, 2012, 8:19 pm

My 9300 is working once more. Reloading the OS did the trick. Plus, I d/l a battery saver app which works great.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”