TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

*** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 22202
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2020, 2:45 am

crazybalhead wrote:Trying a thing. I have a set of spare paradigm atoms that I bought in 1999. The foam surrounds were gone, so I repaired them and tested. Sound great. By modern standards maybe a little dull and not much bass. BUT Still smooth and natural.

Image

Was thinking of a small project with these for some easy listening, so bought this off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Amplifier-Blueto ... ords=mo+gu

Image

Came nicely packaged with a 1/8" headphone jack to two RCA male and a 1/8" to 1/8" plus a 5A powersupply.

Nice little case, really REALLY small, nice binding posts.

The idea is to stream from my phone or ipad using BT or the wired connection sometimes and use the old speakers for some backgroun muzakk. Already have a decent HT and a small stereo in the kitchen, so not sure where it will go yet.

Stay tuned, I'll hook it up and give it a review.


3 years later technology is more advanced. Power is cheap, I am seeing a lot of small chip amps popping up:

https://www.amazon.com/DAMGOO-Subwoofer ... 0CESJTXM6H

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Amplif ... cs&sr=1-11

anyone ever eff around with these stuff?

Advertisement
User avatar
X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9262
Joined: April 27th, 2003, 5:54 pm
Location: St. Augustine
Contact:

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby X_Factor » September 13th, 2020, 9:26 pm

thinking about selling my jamo 5.1 floor standing set and my pioneer vsk 1022-k 7.1 receiver
3000.00 for the set

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2664
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Gladiator » September 13th, 2020, 10:25 pm

X_Factor wrote:thinking about selling my jamo 5.1 floor standing set and my pioneer vsk 1022-k 7.1 receiver
3000.00 for the set


What is the model # of the Jamo?

User avatar
X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9262
Joined: April 27th, 2003, 5:54 pm
Location: St. Augustine
Contact:

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby X_Factor » September 13th, 2020, 11:06 pm

Gladiator wrote:
X_Factor wrote:thinking about selling my jamo 5.1 floor standing set and my pioneer vsk 1022-k 7.1 receiver
3000.00 for the set


What is the model # of the Jamo?


420
its a pair of floor standers, surrounds and center
https://dextra.com.mx/img/files/PRODUCT ... OM_ADM.pdf

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2664
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Gladiator » September 13th, 2020, 11:43 pm

X_Factor wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
X_Factor wrote:thinking about selling my jamo 5.1 floor standing set and my pioneer vsk 1022-k 7.1 receiver
3000.00 for the set


What is the model # of the Jamo?


420
its a pair of floor standers, surrounds and center
https://dextra.com.mx/img/files/PRODUCT ... OM_ADM.pdf


Nice... PM me with a price for the speakers alone... if you considering separating that is.

pipser
Street 2NR
Posts: 31
Joined: March 4th, 2009, 9:29 pm

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby pipser » September 14th, 2020, 4:22 pm

I just asked this over in a LCD/LED/4k thread but does anyone know if there is somewhere locally that sells LG OLED tvs?

User avatar
Narry
Riding on 13's
Posts: 1
Joined: September 3rd, 2009, 4:59 pm
Location: Around the corner, FULL BROAD!!

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Narry » October 6th, 2020, 12:25 am

Hey tuners,

Got some surround sound home speakers and need a receiver.

7.2 surround sound or better.

Paying CASH.

Call / WhatsApp 373-5765

Thanks!

User avatar
axxed25
Riding on 13's
Posts: 4
Joined: December 26th, 2006, 10:37 pm
Location: Round d savannah
Contact:

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby axxed25 » October 6th, 2020, 10:48 am

Morning! ..first time here . Have a 5.1 Onkyo sr 308 receiver , and i'm interested in a powered subwoofer to add some low end to the current setup.

Alternatively , looking for surround speakers to replace the old ones i have now.

**Ideally new but on a budget , so will accept good condition used.**



PM or whatsapp 686-4777. Thanks!

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 22474
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 6th, 2020, 11:43 am

axxed25 wrote:Morning! ..first time here . Have a 5.1 Onkyo sr 308 receiver , and i'm interested in a powered subwoofer to add some low end to the current setup.

Alternatively , looking for surround speakers to replace the old ones i have now.

**Ideally new but on a budget , so will accept good condition used.**



PM or whatsapp 686-4777. Thanks!

What speakers are you using with the receiver currently?

User avatar
axxed25
Riding on 13's
Posts: 4
Joined: December 26th, 2006, 10:37 pm
Location: Round d savannah
Contact:

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby axxed25 » October 6th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Just got onkyo bookshelf speakers skr 590n and skf 590.

So only subwoofer needed now

User avatar
gtiracer
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: February 1st, 2005, 11:54 pm

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby gtiracer » October 6th, 2020, 2:28 pm

Guys, still looking for a repair person/company. Any suggestions?

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2664
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Gladiator » October 6th, 2020, 9:46 pm

Narry wrote:Hey tuners,

Got some surround sound home speakers and need a receiver.

7.2 surround sound or better.

Paying CASH.

Call / WhatsApp 373-5765

Thanks!


I have a DENON AVRX-2200 $4500.00 PM Me if you want it

kavaninho
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 692
Joined: March 29th, 2008, 8:30 pm
Location: Gasparillo
Contact:

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby kavaninho » October 8th, 2020, 7:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=757288

^not sure if you guys have anything to assist with here^

jackal
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1599
Joined: April 20th, 2003, 9:50 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby jackal » October 21st, 2020, 7:29 am

Thinking of building a home HIFI system.

I have zero/little knowledge on home stereo systems. The only thing that seem to be resonating in all that I have read is, a good quality receiver (radio, CD, BT, WIFI ??, USB and remote controlled) and a powerful amplifier, most sites eluding to old school type of amplifiers, they seem to have the power verses these modern day types.

Wanna know where in T&T sells the equipment, the best type of components to use, costs and best way to configure. It will be a reasonable priced system, nothing for the neighborhood, it have enough of them in my area, but enough "galley" for me when entertaining at home.

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby carluva » October 21st, 2020, 8:05 am

Jackal.

You are real old school. For you to want a hifi system means that you really appreciate stereo music and have an ear for it.

Curious though, why do you want a Hifi system? These days they are available from good manufacturers, but from your post, you don't know much about hifi. Do give some more details and perhaps we can better advise.

Or are you in the market for a home theater system and perhaps confusing the terminology as home theater and hifi are two completely different things??

jackal
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1599
Joined: April 20th, 2003, 9:50 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby jackal » October 21st, 2020, 2:43 pm

carluva wrote:Jackal.

You are real old school. For you to want a hifi system means that you really appreciate stereo music and have an ear for it.

Curious though, why do you want a Hifi system? These days they are available from good manufacturers, but from your post, you don't know much about hifi. Do give some more details and perhaps we can better advise.

Or are you in the market for a home theater system and perhaps confusing the terminology as home theater and hifi are two completely different things??


Not home theater system, want something a little more refined, not seeing much good hifi systems in the stores and the ones you see are not that impressive, a lot of flash and "flamz". I want to build my own, piece by piece and possibly extend it to entire house, starting with a good modern day tuner and amplifier, get some good component speakers and build some boxes and add it to the system.

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7677
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby maj. tom » October 21st, 2020, 3:26 pm

Buy a Google Home Max for every room in your house and sync them.

jackal
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1599
Joined: April 20th, 2003, 9:50 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby jackal » October 21st, 2020, 3:51 pm

maj. tom wrote:Buy a Google Home Max for every room in your house and sync them.


You might hear it but you would not feel it!

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7677
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby maj. tom » October 21st, 2020, 4:22 pm

I'm getting the feeling that you're not really an audiophile at all.

User avatar
SR
Chief Cook & Instigator
Posts: 13740
Joined: April 7th, 2003, 8:11 pm

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby SR » October 21st, 2020, 6:14 pm

Home theatre amps do not sound that good for an audiophile

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby carluva » October 21st, 2020, 9:21 pm

Stereo is two channel.

If you want true stereo quality, you need two channels at all times, but you can mix and match speakers on each channel.

For whole house stereo, one option is to use a receiver that has multiple zones, with each zone being two channels. Then you can play each zone as you will.

Cost is a factor.

Personally, you prolly better off with a good headphones and a premium subscription to Deezer so you can get FLAC tracks. Stereo is not about bass but more sound quality.
jackal wrote:
carluva wrote:Jackal.

You are real old school. For you to want a hifi system means that you really appreciate stereo music and have an ear for it.

Curious though, why do you want a Hifi system? These days they are available from good manufacturers, but from your post, you don't know much about hifi. Do give some more details and perhaps we can better advise.

Or are you in the market for a home theater system and perhaps confusing the terminology as home theater and hifi are two completely different things??


Not home theater system, want something a little more refined, not seeing much good hifi systems in the stores and the ones you see are not that impressive, a lot of flash and "flamz". I want to build my own, piece by piece and possibly extend it to entire house, starting with a good modern day tuner and amplifier, get some good component speakers and build some boxes and add it to the system.

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2664
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Gladiator » October 21st, 2020, 10:36 pm

jackal wrote:Thinking of building a home HIFI system.

I have zero/little knowledge on home stereo systems. The only thing that seem to be resonating in all that I have read is, a good quality receiver (radio, CD, BT, WIFI ??, USB and remote controlled) and a powerful amplifier, most sites eluding to old school type of amplifiers, they seem to have the power verses these modern day types.

Wanna know where in T&T sells the equipment, the best type of components to use, costs and best way to configure. It will be a reasonable priced system, nothing for the neighborhood, it have enough of them in my area, but enough "galley" for me when entertaining at home.


If you want a true Audiophile Stereo HIFI system I might consider selling. PM me for price if you interested...

NAD 326BEE Amplifier
Yamaha WXC50 Hi Res Player
Monitor Audio Silver 100 Speakers
Dayton Audio Speaker Stands

jackal
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1599
Joined: April 20th, 2003, 9:50 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby jackal » October 22nd, 2020, 6:35 am

maj. tom wrote:I'm getting the feeling that you're not really an audiophile at all.


I am what I am and I am gonna build a system!

jackal
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1599
Joined: April 20th, 2003, 9:50 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby jackal » October 22nd, 2020, 6:42 am

Gladiator wrote:
jackal wrote:Thinking of building a home HIFI system.

I have zero/little knowledge on home stereo systems. The only thing that seem to be resonating in all that I have read is, a good quality receiver (radio, CD, BT, WIFI ??, USB and remote controlled) and a powerful amplifier, most sites eluding to old school type of amplifiers, they seem to have the power verses these modern day types.

Wanna know where in T&T sells the equipment, the best type of components to use, costs and best way to configure. It will be a reasonable priced system, nothing for the neighborhood, it have enough of them in my area, but enough "galley" for me when entertaining at home.


If you want a true Audiophile Stereo HIFI system I might consider selling. PM me for price if you interested...

NAD 326BEE Amplifier
Yamaha WXC50 Hi Res Player
Monitor Audio Silver 100 Speakers
Dayton Audio Speaker Stands


Not interested in buying somebody's used system. The greatest fun I will get out of this is building this system from scratch. If in doing so, I need a used piece, because I cannot get it new, so be it.

16 cycles
punchin NOS
Posts: 4835
Joined: May 10th, 2003, 9:25 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby 16 cycles » October 22nd, 2020, 7:12 am

jackal wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
jackal wrote:Thinking of building a home HIFI system.

I have zero/little knowledge on home stereo systems. The only thing that seem to be resonating in all that I have read is, a good quality receiver (radio, CD, BT, WIFI ??, USB and remote controlled) and a powerful amplifier, most sites eluding to old school type of amplifiers, they seem to have the power verses these modern day types.

Wanna know where in T&T sells the equipment, the best type of components to use, costs and best way to configure. It will be a reasonable priced system, nothing for the neighborhood, it have enough of them in my area, but enough "galley" for me when entertaining at home.


If you want a true Audiophile Stereo HIFI system I might consider selling. PM me for price if you interested...

NAD 326BEE Amplifier
Yamaha WXC50 Hi Res Player
Monitor Audio Silver 100 Speakers
Dayton Audio Speaker Stands


Not interested in buying somebody's used system. The greatest fun I will get out of this is building this system from scratch. If in doing so, I need a used piece, because I cannot get it new, so be it.


it is gonna be an expensive route if you're going with all new stuff and little knowledge....

stereophile usually has an annual issue of recommended components graded based on their testing with prices also published...perhaps get a copy of that....see what's available for you to audition here and chart a way forward...

understanding the type of music you like to listen to as well as your home theatre space would also help along with room acoustics etc.....

jackal
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1599
Joined: April 20th, 2003, 9:50 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby jackal » October 22nd, 2020, 7:31 am

16 cycles wrote:[


it is gonna be an expensive route if you're going with all new stuff and little knowledge....

stereophile usually has an annual issue of recommended components graded based on their testing with prices also published...perhaps get a copy of that....see what's available for you to audition here and chart a way forward...

understanding the type of music you like to listen to as well as your home theatre space would also help along with room acoustics etc.....


I know its gonna be an expensive system. It will be a build over time.

I put it out hear, to get some ideas on what is out out there. The wanna look for the pieces down hear before looking at skyboxing it in.

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby carluva » October 22nd, 2020, 8:03 am

Caribbean Entertainment Technologies.

Streamline Systems.

Check out those two places as a start. They have a bit of quality AV equipment and ought to be able to advise you.

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby carluva » October 22nd, 2020, 8:04 am

viewtopic.php?p=10033547#p10033547

Take a look at a setup done by Streamline.

User avatar
SR
Chief Cook & Instigator
Posts: 13740
Joined: April 7th, 2003, 8:11 pm

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby SR » October 22nd, 2020, 8:27 am

I may put up for sale some old school equipment soon

Top of the line Carver processor from the 80s and a mcintosh mc2500 amplifier
If there are any serious buyers.

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2664
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Gladiator » October 22nd, 2020, 2:33 pm

Is it home theater or hifi he looking for?
carluva wrote:https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10033547#p10033547

Take a look at a setup done by Streamline.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dizzy28, elec2020, Mirage, shake d livin wake d dead, sMASH, Yofoot and 140 guests