Forums

The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby timelapse » October 23rd, 2017, 5:09 pm

Being so adept at physics Mecalli and still believing in something that only exists if you believe in it, makes me wonder if you are smarter than all of us or plain daft

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 23rd, 2017, 5:20 pm

timelapse wrote:Being so adept at physics Mecalli and still believing in something that only exists if you believe in it, makes me wonder if you are smarter than all of us or plain daft

Who's us? I'm just a proud sheep.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 23rd, 2017, 9:44 pm

sMASH wrote:Gravity isn't real.

But ent dem fellas saying yuh have to see God for him to be real?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2017, 11:05 pm

bluefete wrote:
sMASH wrote:Gravity isn't real.

But ent dem fellas saying yuh have to see God for him to be real?

In addition to that, their theory is that God only exists if you believe he exists.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 24th, 2017, 4:16 am

The more in depth u get into the quantum world, the more similarities u get to the spiritual realm... Of various theologies.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 24th, 2017, 7:27 am

No, because there are billions of galaxies yet he only has a special interest in insignificant Earth.. they are just different thinkers to religious people.
Religious people put blind faith in a God but majority of those atheists were religious before... they started to question things because as I said they are different thinkers and see the world differently so they broke away from the norm, created their own movement.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 24th, 2017, 7:55 am

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:No, because there are billions of galaxies yet he only has a special interest in insignificant Earth.. they are just different thinkers to religious people.
Religious people put blind faith in a God but majority of those atheists were religious before... they started to question things because as I said they are different thinkers and see the world differently so they broke away from the norm, created their own movement.

So how do you explain the atheists who converted to some religion?

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 24th, 2017, 8:10 am

Those are just people who are confused and torn in different directions and don't know where they stand in life.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 24th, 2017, 8:58 am

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:Those are just people who are confused and torn in different directions and don't know where they stand in life.

So based on your last few comments, and correct me if i am wrong:
religious to atheist: critical thinkers, questions everything.
Atheist to religious: don’t know what they stand for in life?

Is this your general idea?

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 24th, 2017, 9:07 am

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:No, because there are billions of galaxies yet he only has a special interest in insignificant Earth.

Actually the universe is the way it is for the purpose of our being. If it wasn't, the raw materials that make life a possibility on earth wouldn't exist. We absolutely require a universe that large, it isn't wasted space.
"The initial mass density of matter’s building blocks—protons and neutrons (called baryons. collectively)—critically impacted what happened the first few minutes of the universe’s existence. That’s when hydrogen, the lightest element, fused into the next heavier elements, helium and lithium. The amount of helium and lithium produced at the time then determined how much planet-and life-building material (the elements essential for life) could be produced later on within the nuclear furnace of stars.

If the universe contained a slightly lower mass density of protons and neutrons, then nuclear fusion in stellar furnaces would have yielded no elements as heavy as carbon or heavier; if a slightly greater mass density, then stars burning would have yielded only elements as heavy as iron or heavier. Either way, the universe would have lacked the elements most critical for our planet and its life—carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous, and more. For life to be possible, the universe must be no more or less massive than it is." Hugh Ross, Improbable Planet 2016)
Earth May Be a 1-in-700-Quintillion Kind of Place
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-bri ... e9he1tSyM8
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1602.00690v1.pdf TERRESTRIAL PLANETS ACROSS SPACE AND TIME

http://www.nature.com/news/2002/020812/ ... 812-2.html
In an argument that would have gratified the ancient Greeks, physicists have claimed that the prevailing theoretical view of the Universe is logically flawed. Arranging the cosmos as we think it is arranged, say the team, would have required a miracle1.

An ever-more-rapidly expanding Universe is destined to repeat itself, say Leonard Susskind of Stanford University, California, and his colleagues. But the chances that such re-runs would produce worlds like ours are infinitesimal.

So either space is not accelerating for the reasons we think it is, or we have yet to discover some principle of physics, the researchers conclude. Like a guardian angel, this principle would pick out those few initial states that lead to a Universe like ours, and then guide cosmic evolution so that it really does unfold this way.

The incomprehensibility of our situation even drives Susskind's team to ponder whether an "unknown agent intervened in the evolution [of the Universe] for reasons of its own".
Disturbing Implications of a Cosmological Constant https://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-th/0208013.pdf

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 24th, 2017, 1:53 pm

eitech wrote:
Sōsuke Aizen wrote:Those are just people who are confused and torn in different directions and don't know where they stand in life.

So based on your last few comments, and correct me if i am wrong:
religious to atheist: critical thinkers, questions everything.
Atheist to religious: don’t know what they stand for in life?

Is this your general idea?

I was referring to people who convert from religion to atheism then back to religion.. but in Trinidad most people grow up under religion.. few grow up in atheist households... So to convert from that also takes critical thinking and questioning but mostly it's just faith

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » October 25th, 2017, 8:21 pm

First of all, you didn't know about gravitational waves before it was announced. So stop trying to sneak in god into it.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 25th, 2017, 10:33 pm

matr1x wrote:First of all, you didn't know about gravitational waves before it was announced. So stop trying to sneak in god into it.

Look another dunderhead that opens his mouth faster than he can read. Please highlight where the above claim can be found in this thread. Where is God being 'sneaked' into a dialogue that involves gravitational waves.
I think you mean to say standard 1 Grammar, not God.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 26th, 2017, 1:47 am

Or the universe came into existence when we gained consciousness... you have to consider the observer effect when trying to prove the existence of gravitational waves etc etc... humans are a very limited species.. there are certain colours we cannot see, wavelengths we cant hear and so on.

Don't hut your head about all this.. we weren't meant to know why the universe is the way it is.
Scientists can try all they want right now but they will never scratch the surface.

An anomaly in physics cannot be achieved until we have evolved further as a species... humans are not a biologically successful species because we exist as homosapiens only.. crabs on the other hand are because there are over 1000 different types of them that display different physical, behavioral traits, thrive in various environments and have strengths and weaknesses diversities among species.

People say Physics and Chemistry is everything but Biology is equally as important.. without it we can't do either one.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 26th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:Or the universe came into existence when we gained consciousness... you have to consider the observer effect when trying to prove the existence of gravitational waves etc etc... humans are a very limited species.. there are certain colours we cannot see, wavelengths we cant hear and so on.

Don't hut your head about all this.. we weren't meant to know why the universe is the way it is.
Scientists can try all they want right now but they will never scratch the surface.

An anomaly in physics cannot be achieved until we have evolved further as a species... humans are not a biologically successful species because we exist as homosapiens only.. crabs on the other hand are because there are over 1000 different types of them that display different physical, behavioral traits, thrive in various environments and have strengths and weaknesses diversities among species.

People say Physics and Chemistry is everything but Biology is equally as important.. without it we can't do either one.

This is one pile of crap. Not sure what u trying to say or to mean.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 27th, 2017, 6:05 am

Ok........ so you did not grasp what I was trying to say, why is it a pile of crap then?

Pretty sure there are others who understand my point of view.. guess you are left in the dark again (pun intended).

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » October 27th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Most likely Jesus was a horn child

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 27th, 2017, 10:18 pm

The Pharisees accused him of that as well in John 8. He told them who their father was, you can find it for yourself.
Instead I'll leave a passage for insightful folks like yourself, I pray that you don't continue to be a subject to this mandate.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” 9 He said, “Go, and tell this people:

‘Keep on listening, but do not perceive;
Keep on looking, but do not understand.’
10 “Render the hearts of this people insensitive,
Their ears dull,
And their eyes dim,
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
Understand with their hearts,
And return and be healed.”

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each as is his work.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 28th, 2017, 4:57 am

sMASH wrote:
Sōsuke Aizen wrote:Or the universe came into existence when we gained consciousness... you have to consider the observer effect when trying to prove the existence of gravitational waves etc etc.
.while ture making a observation affects the subject being oberved, that effect would not be on the scale gravitational waves occur, and it isn't connected to the consciousness of humans bring the universe into being.
From your words, if before gaining consciousness, the universe wasn't here, then before u gain consciousness, where were u existing? U were in existences, just without consciousness, and then a point in time happened when u gained it. But the universe only existed after u gained consciousness...

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:. humans are a very limited species.. there are certain colours we cannot see, wavelengths we cant hear and so on. .

There are certain colors and sounds that we CAN see or hear. We can only decipher narrow bands compared to all possible

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:An anomaly in physics cannot be achieved until we have evolved further as a species....
u probably used the wrong word 'anomaly'. U probably want to say breakthrough or epiphany or revelation of a next level. If u don't mean something else, then me ain't know what ur on about

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:humans are not a biologically successful species because we exist as homosapiens only.. crabs on the other hand are because there are over 1000 different types of them that display different physical, behavioral traits, thrive in various environments and have strengths and weaknesses diversities among species.
variation does not equate to success, and humans are successful in varied environments

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:People say Physics and Chemistry is everything but Biology is equally as important.. without it we can't do either one.

This is one pile of crap. Not sure what u trying to say or to mean.

If I have been left I the dark, it is because there wasn't any luminance sufficient to dispel it.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 28th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Firstly I begin with "or" which was in response to the post above.. and you every thing you type in response to me was a pile of crap because it didn't make sense sorry.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 28th, 2017, 6:25 pm

"Anomaly"
Why u use that word?
Shed some light, please.

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » November 10th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Bombshell book claims Vatican priests had sex with boys while popes had multi-million dollar accounts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nking.html

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 11th, 2017, 5:13 pm

^^ not really a bombshell when it's already public knowledge.

crock101
3NE 2NR for life

Postby crock101 » November 15th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Religious people know exactly what it is like not to believe in the thousands of gods of other religions , yet find it difficult, almost impossible to understand why someone doesn't believe into the god that they(the religious person) happens to believe in. Religious belief is just a mental disorder ,much like psychosis, that we will hopefully find a treatment for , but to do this we must acknowledge it for what it is, a mental disorder.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 15th, 2017, 12:36 pm

More than 767 pages of people failing to provide any proof that god exists. Nice.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » November 15th, 2017, 3:12 pm

bluefete wrote:Anyone willing to share an experience that happened to you that convinced you that God is real?

RBphoto wrote:More than 767 pages of people failing to provide any proof that god exists. Nice.

Actually it's nearly 800 pages of off topic atheist dunderheads beating up over people who had experiences that convinced them God is real.

It's like a thread on how much you love your child or they love you -only to have persons who have never experienced it jump in because they have a responsibility or possess some sort of irresistible urge to badger others and bray that love isn't real and those who experience it have a mental disorder- ask you to provide proof for the existence of love.

God is love. 1 John 4:8

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 15th, 2017, 3:24 pm

RBphoto wrote:More than 767 pages of people failing to provide any proof that god exists. Nice.

It has been stated many a times where the proof lies but you all choose to reject/ ignore it for what it is without any attempt to sincerely know. That is an example of mental disorder behavior.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 15th, 2017, 3:26 pm

eitech wrote:

It has been stated many a times where the proof lies but you all choose to reject/ ignore it for what it is without any attempt to sincerely know. That is an example of mental disorder behavior.

Apart from what books say. I mean real tangible proof. Or you going to click over to 768 pages of more doubble speak and seeing jesus in toast?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using TriniTuner mobile app

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 15th, 2017, 3:53 pm

RBphoto wrote:
eitech wrote:

Apart from what books say. I mean real tangible proof. Or you going to click over to 768 pages of more doubble speak and seeing jesus in toast?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using TriniTuner mobile app

This is the point i jus made. Lol. You have been told and now you know where the proof lies. You rejected without trying this vey instance. If you cannot rationalise that i will discontinue

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 15th, 2017, 4:08 pm

786 pages and they can't prove that God does not exist! Somebody , make a Religion thread where the atheists are not welcome , and an atheist thread for them alone. Please. This one like it change from the original mandate. See opening post.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”