Sweet on this forum

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby Prototype-Tuner » September 5th, 2012, 7:24 pm

^wont mind if true

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » September 5th, 2012, 7:40 pm

so do we think our local carriers would provide nano sims?

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » September 5th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Seeing as bmobile is an official iPhone carrier I would expect so. Since it looks like the phone is launching a month earlier than last year and it came to bmobile in January this year I expect it to come by December this year.

Only time will tell

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 5th, 2012, 8:14 pm

I think when Bmobile get the new iPhone you can trade in your old one and pay the balance if you still under contract.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » September 5th, 2012, 9:37 pm

im digicel tho...my account manager said she doesn't think they would be getting the sims

lee007
Riding on 13's

Postby lee007 » September 6th, 2012, 10:55 am

can anyone tell me how to get rid of error 37 when restoring to 5.1.1 on itunes?

copper_shot
Riding on 16's

Postby copper_shot » September 6th, 2012, 11:53 am

copper_shot wrote:if anyones interested
i got a brand new in box iphone 4s 64GB WHITE for sale
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=459480

comes with new accessories too

FYI $4900. by 5pm today

otherwise i'm gonna open it and keep it

VSI Concepts
Street 2NR

Postby VSI Concepts » September 6th, 2012, 1:36 pm

lee007 wrote:can anyone tell me how to get rid of error 37 when restoring to 5.1.1 on itunes?

delete hosts file & try restoring in dfu with redsnow (make sure to run redsnow as admin)

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » September 6th, 2012, 2:53 pm

My MacBook pro stopper working jesso jesso this morning. It just not coming on. I dunno what's wrong. I charged it last night in full and the charger is at my in laws house and I am getting it later today. Still don't change the fact tho that I used it this morning and the battery appeared to be fully charged and now I tried to open it to do something and its not working now. I have a project to do and all of my files are on the MacBook. What can I do. Its less than a year old but I got it for Christmas so its not like I have the bill for it and my gf bought it from amazon so she doesn't have a bill either.

Help!

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 6th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Stephon. wrote:My MacBook pro stopper working jesso jesso this morning. It just not coming on. I dunno what's wrong. I charged it last night in full and the charger is at my in laws house and I am getting it later today. Still don't change the fact tho that I used it this morning and the battery appeared to be fully charged and now I tried to open it to do something and its not working now. I have a project to do and all of my files are on the MacBook. What can I do. Its less than a year old but I got it for Christmas so its not like I have the bill for it and my gf bought it from amazon so she doesn't have a bill either.

Help!

does your gf have the amazon order number ? Can she log into the account and send me a copy of the bill ? I'm a apple certify technician , I'm willing to help you sort it out or get it ship back and replace or recover your documents.

VSI Concepts
Street 2NR

Postby VSI Concepts » September 6th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Apple To Ditch iPhone 3GS For Good, Introducing 8GB iPhone 4S Next Week Alongside iPhone 5 :roll:
http://www.redmondpie.com/apple-to-ditc ... -iphone-5/

British newspaper TheTelegraph believes Apple is about to cease the sale of the iPhone 3GS when the iPhone 5 is introduced to the fray, instead retailing an 8GB version of the iPhone 4S, which is currently sold in 16, 32 and 64GB configurations.

The Cupertino pulled the same move last October with the iPhone 4 – continuing to sell it with a modest amount of storage, and it’s most certainly a win-win for Apple. Not only have those on an economical budget still been able to grab themselves a brand-new iPhone, but the meager amount of real estate for apps, music and games will have pushed many into considering the company’s iCloud service.

Meanwhile, the 8GB iPhone 4 will probably occupy the position currently filled by the 3GS, dropping down to free on contract in a deal that will surely prove too good to resist for many. In keeping with tradition and balance, the iPhone 4S will likely retail at the same kind of cost you can currently find the iPhone 4 at, and considering the latter packs in an 8-megapixel snapper, dual-core processor and, erm, Siri, expect sales of the most popular iPhone iteration to continue selling in large numbers.

The iPhone 3GS will soon be the forth oldest device, and with an average camera, no Retina display, and a cheapy plastic shell, it seems light years away from what we expect of the iPhone 5. With that said, it has been a fantastic device for Apple and consumers alike, and the fact it still manages to sell – despite harboring technologies three years out of date – is a measure of how smartphone buyers have really taken to the device.

Released back in 2009, it was a lot slicker in design over the original iPhone, and although it’s about to disappear from the map, those whom used the device for a prolonged amount of time will look back affectionately at the time spent with what has been a solid smartphone.

The report suggests the iPhone 5 will arrive in three capacities, assumed to be 16GB/32GB/64GB, although there have been reports things will step up, ranging from 32GB right up the way to 128GB, with 64GB in-between. Somehow, I cannot see that happening, particularly with the emphasis on cloud storage Apple has been pushing, but we’ll have to wait and see what is announced at September 12th’s event in Yerba Buena.

(via TheTelegraph)

You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » September 6th, 2012, 5:59 pm

guys need some advice/help..my mother sent a new iphone 4s for me this week, said she unlocked it in the USA but when i put my sim BMOBILE is keeps searching, i used the sim cutter and cut my sim to size....is that it is still unlocked? or a special sim is needed from bmobile? thanks

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » September 6th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Hard luck 3gs ppl lolz

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 6th, 2012, 8:01 pm

konartis wrote:guys need some advice/help..my mother sent a new iphone 4s for me this week, said she unlocked it in the USA but when i put my sim BMOBILE is keeps searching, i used the sim cutter and cut my sim to size....is that it is still unlocked? or a special sim is needed from bmobile? thanks

give me a call tomorrow 363-2513 if you can make it to my shop I sort it out for you.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 6th, 2012, 8:02 pm

That's means iPhone 4 , iPhone 4S will be supported in the IOS 6 . Nice

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » September 6th, 2012, 8:11 pm

3GS will be getting iOS 6. They're just most likely going to stop selling it like they do normally each year.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/11/30775 ... ipod-touch

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » September 6th, 2012, 9:21 pm

The 3GS, 4, 4S & (please don't call it) 5 will all support iOS 6.

Of course though with the 3GS being the oldest I expect that it will get up to whatever is the version before iOS 6.1 and then support for it will end at that point.

VSI Concepts
Street 2NR

Postby VSI Concepts » September 6th, 2012, 11:27 pm

konartis wrote:guys need some advice/help..my mother sent a new iphone 4s for me this week, said she unlocked it in the USA but when i put my sim BMOBILE is keeps searching, i used the sim cutter and cut my sim to size....is that it is still unlocked? or a special sim is needed from bmobile? thanks

try going into carrier settings & select your carrier manually if it doesn't work check firstchoice to resolve the issue..

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » September 7th, 2012, 7:38 am

Aaron 2NR wrote:im digicel tho...my account manager said she doesn't think they would be getting the sims

He may not know everything.
Depends on how quickly bmobile screws it up, then iPhone goes to Digicel as the official carrier.

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » September 7th, 2012, 8:42 am

Aaron 2NR wrote:so do we think our local carriers would provide nano sims?

its already here being tested

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » September 7th, 2012, 9:47 am

they better not lapse on that nano sim, cause if i have to wait till december I may well get a galaxy S3 before that

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » September 7th, 2012, 10:09 am

Bezman wrote:they better not lapse on that nano sim, cause if i have to wait till december I may well get a galaxy S3 before that

Pretty soon, other phone manufacturers will be using the nano-sim as Apple has lifted the patent on it.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » September 7th, 2012, 10:12 am

whats the advantage of using a nano sim over the one that the s3 and iphone 4 uses though???

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 7th, 2012, 10:29 am

Maybe they needed more space for parts ... Or they just want to be different.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » September 7th, 2012, 11:13 am

firstchoicett wrote:Maybe they needed more space for parts ... Or they just want to be different.

Can't be different since other manufactures got the go-ahead from Apple to use the nano-sim.
So answer is your first statement

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » September 7th, 2012, 12:28 pm

casper wrote:whats the advantage of using a nano sim over the one that the s3 and iphone 4 uses though???

Just space. From the miniSIM to the microSIM & now the nanoSIM, not real difference in function. Just the physical size. Things like the SIM getting smaller usually means things like the battery, camera sensor, etc getting bigger.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 7th, 2012, 12:49 pm

SRASC wrote:
casper wrote:whats the advantage of using a nano sim over the one that the s3 and iphone 4 uses though???

Just space. From the miniSIM to the microSIM & now the nanoSIM, not real difference in function. Just the physical size. Things like the SIM getting smaller usually means things like the battery, camera sensor, etc getting bigger.

I feel so .

VSI Concepts
Street 2NR

Postby VSI Concepts » September 7th, 2012, 2:18 pm

firstchoicett wrote:Maybe they needed more space for parts ... Or they just want to be different.

I feel they want to be different cause apple motto is,"
THINK DIFFERENT
"

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » September 7th, 2012, 2:35 pm

@ firstchoicett the MacBook just needed charging :|

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 7th, 2012, 2:54 pm