COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby paid_influencer » April 22nd, 2021, 9:31 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
pugboy wrote:i thought the law does not allow for police to enforce what goes on behind private walls
i know ttps will be selective who they bully though

wtf wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Are weddings on private residences restricted to 10 people?
Yes

Asking because a friend is getting married in 2 weeks, big Hindu thing, all 3 nights. And he ain't cancelling the wedding because he say it being held on their private property.

I was like bruh, you think that's a good idea? He say he doh care about covid.....the man is a usually a good soldier, but this is level irresponsibility.

The man probably real like the girl. Them big Hindu wedding thing is not just about the two people, but you have to make mother happy, father happy, mother in law happy, father in law happy, etc. If any of them have resentment it would be hard.

All them rituals over the 3 days is to kind of ease that resentment and publicly demonstrate acceptance of the marriage by everybody in the family. Every relative has a literal role to play in the marriage ceremony. For the groom, that means in-laws bowing before him, paying him money, etc, to kind of emphasis the power dynamic.

Long time if the bride left the groom house, she would be beaten and returned to him. Nowadays it doh have that so the rituals even more important.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 23rd, 2021, 5:09 am

padna could invite 1000 people, even the PM he can invite but it up to the people he invited to be dotish enough to go. one clown shouldnt dictate the pace off others. see about your own personal well being. you hear 50000 persons went tobago and get covid and it still had persons that went after easter for vacation. i does wonder if people does wake up in the morning and ask themselves " what dotish thing i can do today" ? or "how i can continue to be dotish on purpose"

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 23rd, 2021, 1:17 pm

Biggest CovIdiot ever.
Rowley.png
Rowley.png (65.57 KiB) Viewed 2134 times

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 23rd, 2021, 11:29 pm

drchaos wrote:Yall really discussing if the state should have the right to enter your property and tell you what you can and cannot do on your own god damn property?

WTF is this ... Stasi country?
Slippery AF slope we on here boys and girls.
Whats next? GG busting down your bedroom door to arrest you for bullin yuh wifee cause it have a pandemic from a new chlamydia strain that a man in china start from screwing a bat?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

if u were beating her instead then they do have that right. if u doing something that can endanger lives during a pandemic then yes.

what i have been thinking is u have the right to your own property, but no one u invite have the right to it so yes.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 24th, 2021, 9:17 am

daring dragoon wrote:padna could invite 1000 people, even the PM he can invite but it up to the people he invited to be dotish enough to go. one clown shouldnt dictate the pace off others. see about your own personal well being. you hear 50000 persons went tobago and get covid and it still had persons that went after easter for vacation. i does wonder if people does wake up in the morning and ask themselves " what dotish thing i can do today" ? or "how i can continue to be dotish on purpose"

Seems like the whole world being "irresponsible"

Globally cases are surging, so this is not a Trini problem, is more of a human issue.

Interesting in T&T, when there are surges we blame irresponsible people not the government.
Rest of the world when there are surges we blame governments.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 24th, 2021, 9:22 am

drchaos wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:padna could invite 1000 people, even the PM he can invite but it up to the people he invited to be dotish enough to go. one clown shouldnt dictate the pace off others. see about your own personal well being. you hear 50000 persons went tobago and get covid and it still had persons that went after easter for vacation. i does wonder if people does wake up in the morning and ask themselves " what dotish thing i can do today" ? or "how i can continue to be dotish on purpose"

Globally cases are surging, so this is not a Trini problem, is more of a human issue.

Interesting in T&T, when there are surges we blame irresponsible people not the government.

I blame both, but the GORTT gets the lion's share.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 24th, 2021, 9:52 am

why you think there is a 1% worldwide ? there is the 99% that dotish and irresponsible. amerikans feel they bad and dont wear mask, indian from india believe in karma and sheit and give away the vaccine to the Caribbean and elsewhere and now covid get away from them. all proof that the 99% is irresponsible and stupid.

the 1% have their personal 'domain' where they dont leave and everything is delivered and they have 'people' to do outside stuff for them for $$$. even their businesses are run from home.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 24th, 2021, 9:59 am

drchaos wrote:

You can’t compare Trinis with the rest of the world bro.

We are a special kinda people

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » April 24th, 2021, 10:21 am

MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:

You can’t compare Trinis with the rest of the world bro.

We are a special kinda people
Im 100 percent every country says that to.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 24th, 2021, 11:11 am

You could have a wedding any size just make sure it ain't reach social media.
Also when variant start spreading in your wedding dont get vex. You facilitated it.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 24th, 2021, 11:14 am

wtf wrote:You could have a wedding any size just make sure it ain't reach social media.
Also when variant start spreading in your wedding dont get vex. You facilitated it.

The problem is when your large wedding party goes out into society and spreads it.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 24th, 2021, 11:17 am

De Dragon wrote:
wtf wrote:You could have a wedding any size just make sure it ain't reach social media.

The problem is when your large wedding party goes out into society and spreads it.
Yea that also. Guy is irresponsible to be honest. He asking for a visit from TTPS.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 24th, 2021, 12:39 pm

Last night TTPS were out in force in some areas of Couva, breaking up large gatherings by the more popular bars, and warning other bar owners to control the massing of people at their establishments.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 28th, 2021, 11:44 pm

Allu real quiet in here dred ...
like yall batten down the hatches?

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » April 29th, 2021, 6:37 am

For those who say things like 'my head too hard for mats' let me help you. Decisions are made based on data, numbers and what you know and shouldn't be made on emotions and what the news says.

So let's deal with Trinidad, facts and what we know about this 'deadly' disease in TRINIDAD as of 29th April.

163deaths/10170cases*100=1.603 death rate.

So for every 100 people contracting the Vid 1.603 STATISTICALLY should die.

If we assume a population of 1.5M people then STATISTICALLY around 24045 people should die if every single person in Trinidad contracts Covid.

So we have a situation where 1475955 people are suffering because 24045 people may die but in reality only 163 have died.

1.5M people minus 1% suffering because 163 have died.

In one year we average around 400 deaths from crime but none of you do do anything meaningful about it besides complain on the internet.

In over a year 163 people have died from a Virus but you ok with taking these drastic lockdown measures?

What facts exactly are you people basing your decisions on? Truly I would love to know.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 29th, 2021, 9:30 am

Skanky wrote:For those who say things like 'my head too hard for mats' let me help you. Decisions are made based on data, numbers and what you know and shouldn't be made on emotions and what the news says.

So let's deal with Trinidad, facts and what we know about this 'deadly' disease in TRINIDAD as of 29th April.

If we assume a population of 1.5M people then STATISTICALLY around 24045 people should die if every single person in Trinidad contracts Covid.

So we have a situation where 1475955 people are suffering because 24045 people may die but in reality only 163 have died.

In one year we average around 400 deaths from crime but none of you do do anything meaningful about it besides complain on the internet.

In over a year 163 people have died from a Virus but you ok with taking these drastic lockdown measures?

What facts exactly are you people basing your decisions on? Truly I would love to know.

Its mostly fear and that leads to irrational thought ... People tend to think in a 3 dimensional way.
They think you going to see a linear increase of cases and deaths which is never really the case.

I remember during the HIV epidemic in the 90's, Smart/educated people were plotting linear graphs to show the decimation of the entire human race by 2050 unless we all practice celibacy aka "sexual distancing".

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 29th, 2021, 9:40 am

Skanky wrote:For those who say things like 'my head too hard for mats' let me help you. Decisions are made based on data, numbers and what you know and shouldn't be made on emotions and what the news says.

So out of curiousity , YOU are ok taking the risk of getting covid and that of your entire family and circule of friends that may get it , if you get it, youre prepared to if youre one of the unlucky people have to live with life long health conditions that will change your lifestyle forever???

Yes while numbers may favor not having a lockdown, theres the side that some will suffer long term health issues, are you prepared and accepting that you coudl be one of those who could suffer because of people refusing to lockdown?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » April 29th, 2021, 10:17 am

For every person who has died, how many are in serious or critical condition?

How many are having difficulty breathing, requiring oxygen and worst case a ventilator?

How many of those recovered would have a lowered quality of life?

How many beds are in use right now due to these cases?

It's not just about death toll, you have to look at the effects on the healthcare sector and mitigate the factors which would overwhelm it.

RGF Asset Management
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RGF Asset Management » April 29th, 2021, 10:33 am

This mathematical analysis is sound. However for the persons and families that have been directly affected by loss of loved ones it is not as easy to trivialize 163 deaths. Also while I agree that a positive diagnosis is not necessarily a death sentence, for every person that has died, there may be three or for others that may have survived but with potentially life long complications of covid.

Additionally it would not take much to overwhelm our already fragile health system.

So while i do not support fear mongering, I do believe that we are dealing with a real threat that if not contained could lead to a lot of hurt.

Lock downs are not easy but i personally would prefer to lockdown sooner rather than later before things go further south where in addition to the economic hardships that come with a lockdown there is a further burden on the economy to provide health care to a larger number of sick people.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 29th, 2021, 10:34 am

teems1 wrote:

For every person who has died, how many are in serious or critical condition?

How many are having difficulty breathing, requiring oxygen and worst case a ventilator?

How many of those recovered would have a lowered quality of life?

How many beds are in use right now due to these cases?

It's not just about death toll, you have to look at the effects on the healthcare sector and mitigate the factors which would overwhelm it.
What leads to an overwhelmed health sector?
At what point do we take drastic measures to prevent it from being overwhelmed?

ruskie
Street 2NR

Postby ruskie » April 29th, 2021, 10:38 am

drchaos wrote:
BUG wrote:
drchaos wrote:
BUG wrote:
drchaos wrote:
BUG wrote:Lol, wrong again "Dr". Since you have so much trouble reading (odd that, for a supposed, self described "Dr"?) Here is my OP from the vaccine thread detailing my experience receiving the vaccine two weeks ago:

BUG wrote:For what it's worth, my wife and I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca first dose last week. Other than a mild headache and sore shoulder (from the shot) the next day, I was fine, even able to complete my regular 1 1/2 hr HIIT sessions the day of and day after the dose. My wife had chills and body aches and really didnt feel well for about 10 hours until, in her words "it was like someone just switched it off and I felt better immediately."[/quote

So from a mere mention that I have been first dose vaccinated, you diagnose me as being "old and suffering from comorbidities due to my lifestyle"? I don't know about you, but I sure don't know any old, sick people who partake in daily 1 1/2 hour HIIT sessions? I'm fit, young, healthy and for that I'm grateful.

No medical professional worth their salt jumps to wild conclusions based off zero information like that nor has such a hard time with basic research, reading and comprehension skills. Stop LARPing as a medical professional on an anonymous internet forum. It may seem like fun for you to troll people, but it is extremely dangerous to those gullible enough to listen to your nonsense. You may end up hurting someone or someone's family with your lies. Please stop.

Ahh so you are not old and and in-firmed.
You are a young and healthy person that jumped the line for the limited number of vaccines that are available in T&T, since the mandate is to vaccinate our old and at risk first.
Potentially denying two doses of vaccine to two at risk people who may need it more than you, since you believe in the viral vector vaccine.

Wonderful human being you seem to be.

You can't imagine a scenario, ANY scenario, where a young, fit and healthy person would be required to be vaccinated as a priority? My word :shock: You know if you use braincells to think for yourself it's not like you use them and then they're gone, right?

I shouldn't be surprised though, LARPing doesn't require intelligence, it only requires a wild imagination.

The death of two people are on your dirty hands bug. Young fit and healthy people, jumping the line and preventing the most vulnerable from being protected.

Try to excuse it as much as you want but as you said you are young fit and healthy which means your are low risk.
Disgusting excuse for a human being.

Unintelligent AND classless. You are the perfect stereotype of someone LARPing as a medical professional on an anonymous forum. I would feel sorry for you if your rhetoric wasn't so dangerous.

Classless is jumping the line for a vaccine meant to protect the most vulnerable.
You have blood on your hands, projecting that other people are dangerous when you put people's lives in danger by denying vaccines to the frail and elderly.
Its just getting sad now ... Admitting you are young/fit and then admitting to jumping to the line to vaccinate yourself and your wife. Probably gonna make up some outrageous lie next to cover up the fact that you admitting to breaking rules and regulations meant to protect people.

SHAME!
SHAME!
SHAME!

Ding Ding!
Some "doctor" you must be. My mum is 88 and has heart and respiratory issues and diabetes, and mum in law has diabetes, as well as her sisters who live with her have blood pressure issues. What kind of human would I be if I did not take the vaccine at the first opportunity, knowing that if I spread it by them, worse yet a variant, that it would kill them?
You are a strange one.

RGF Asset Management
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RGF Asset Management » April 29th, 2021, 10:55 am

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » April 29th, 2021, 11:07 am

It's interesting to note that my post is the only one to contain facts derived from easily verifiable public data and a simple primary school calculation......whereas all the rebuttals to my argument in favour of the pro lockdowners are all based on speculation about what people think should happen and how one should feel, with no data or facts to back them up.

Fact vs speculation/feeling.

I know which one I would choose to inform my decision making process.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 29th, 2021, 11:20 am

Skanky wrote:It's interesting to note that my post is the only one to contain facts derived from easily verifiable public data and a simple primary school calculation......whereas all the rebuttals to my argument in favour of the pro lockdowners are all based on speculation about what people think should happen and how one should feel, with no data or facts to back them up.

The only issue with your maths is that you're using CFR which doesn't consider all the undetected cases out there. The IFR of Covid is probably 0.3% so I would substitute the 1.6% for 0.3%

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » April 29th, 2021, 11:34 am

Here's something else those gripped by fear won't realize either.

A few weeks ago our death rate was 1.67 as of today our death rate is 1.6.

Our death rate has decreased over a few weeks. It's not absolutely significant nor statistically significant as it's only one data point but it's a step in the right direction.

RGF Asset Management
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RGF Asset Management » April 29th, 2021, 11:34 am

Skanky wrote:It's interesting to note that my post is the only one to contain facts derived from easily verifiable public data and a simple primary school calculation......whereas all the rebuttals to my argument in favour of the pro lockdowners are all based on speculation about what people think should happen and how one should feel, with no data or facts to back them up.

There is absolutely no dispute from me with respect to your data. In fact I will say again your analysis is sound.

However data from several other countries throughout the globe demonstrate how easy it is to lose the battle. India is the most current of such cases.

We are currently trending in that direction. For this week alone we have had about 5 deaths. Regardless of what percentage of the population that represents it is not good. Hospitalizations have also increased considerably.

We need to regain a handle on this. If that means lockdown I'm in favor.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » April 29th, 2021, 11:40 am

Trinidad has 924 hospital beds for Covid.

From the April 1st 4PM bulletin, there were 27 in use.

From the April 28th 4PM bulletin, currently there are 150 beds in use.

So a 455% increase in hospital beds in 1 month, and we know this is a virus which grows exponentially.

So yes, in the eyes of the health sector, a lockdown is needed so as not to overwhelm them.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 29th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Skanky wrote:Here's something else those gripped by fear won't realize either.

A few weeks ago our death rate was 1.67 as of today our death rate is 1.6.

Our death rate has decreased over a few weeks. It's not absolutely significant nor statistically significant as it's only one data point but it's a step in the right direction.

Deaths lag cases, if the denominator is cases which increases faster than deaths, then expect at this point that the death rate would be lowered until cases that to decrease.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 29th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Biggest Covid Idiot - Encouraging Crowds

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 29th, 2021, 4:43 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”