TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Local Maps for Mercedes?

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Local Maps for Mercedes?

Postby hoverauto » December 28th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Wondering if anyone in Trinidad can update the gps maps to show local maps on foreign used Mercedes.

And has anyone gotten the Mercedes app to work in Trinidad with foreign used cars?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Local Maps for Mercedes?

Postby adnj » December 29th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Becker manufactured Mercedes-Benz head units use Garmin image files for GPS mapping.

If you have one you can download GPS map data converted to the Garmin format from Open Street Maps.

The process is straight forward. There may also still be a few websites that offer the Caribbean region available as a free download in the Garmin format of you want to save the set up time.

Look at the OSM Wiki for more information.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM ... n/Download

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Postby hoverauto » December 29th, 2020, 6:14 pm

adnj wrote:Becker manufactured Mercedes-Benz head units use Garmin image files for GPS mapping.

If you have one you can download GPS map data converted to the Garmin format from Open Street Maps.

The process is straight forward. There may also still be a few websites that offer the Caribbean region available as a free download in the Garmin format of you want to save the set up time.

Thanks a mil.

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Local Maps for Mercedes?

Postby hoverauto » December 29th, 2020, 7:37 pm

adnj wrote:Becker manufactured Mercedes-Benz head units use Garmin image files for GPS mapping.

Ok so I got the Garmin file, now I have no idea how to get my car to see it on the SD card and update it.

Help.

andres13
3NE 2NR for life

Postby andres13 » February 23rd, 2023, 9:10 am

Hey @Hover Auto, check your PMs bro have been trying to get in contact with you about Helicopter related stuff.
If you want to call me or message me on 792-6228 feel free.

DemiCelph
Ricer

Postby DemiCelph » February 24th, 2024, 7:32 am

You might need the dealer to give it a tweak so it syncs up right with the local setup.

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”