TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Hot Rod
punchin NOS

Re: The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Postby Hot Rod » October 10th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Fellas could u point me in a direction of a good cvt mechanic. Need some advice about mine. Thanks in advance

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » January 14th, 2021, 7:49 pm

Hey guys...I have a local 2005 cs3 lancer with 4g18 and Cvt tranny. The original tranny failed on me, then I got a foreign used one from bamboo which failed after a few months...so I purchased a brand new cvt tranny about 2 years ago, however, today the transmission shift solenoids failed on me.

Is there anyone who does conversions from cvt to manual gearbox or normal auto for this model?

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » January 22nd, 2021, 6:27 am

TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:Hey guys...I have a local 2005 cs3 lancer with 4g18 and Cvt tranny. The original tranny failed on me, then I got a foreign used one from bamboo which failed after a few months...so I purchased a brand new cvt tranny about 2 years ago, however, today the transmission shift solenoids failed on me.

Is there anyone who does conversions from cvt to manual gearbox or normal auto for this model?
Wow thats a lot of bad luck

I know CVT transmission in CS3 thats lasted over 300K km without issues

Have you been changing transmission oil on time

The CVT generates a lot of heat and the SP111 oil breaks down in viscosity

I had two CS lancers with CVT transmission, I had the transmission oil changed at every 25k km to be safe and I also installed an external oil cooler

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » January 26th, 2021, 4:38 pm

ronsin1 wrote:
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:Hey guys...I have a local 2005 cs3 lancer with 4g18 and Cvt tranny. The original tranny failed on me, then I got a foreign used one from bamboo which failed after a few months...so I purchased a brand new cvt tranny about 2 years ago, however, today the transmission shift solenoids failed on me.

I had two CS lancers with CVT transmission, I had the transmission oil changed at every 25k km to be safe and I also installed an external oil cooler

I ran mine somewhere over 50k km last time i changed it.

It throws on the engine check light and a trans oil pressure low code when you connect a scan tool and thats when I changed mine.

I only use original mitsu sp3 oil

Not saying to follow my example and go 50k km before changing, I usually change around 30k km.

fwape
Street 2NR

Postby fwape » March 3rd, 2021, 2:21 pm

ZeroOne wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:

I ran mine somewhere over 50k km last time i changed it.

It throws on the engine check light and a trans oil pressure low code when you connect a scan tool and thats when I changed mine.

I only use original mitsu sp3 oil

Not saying to follow my example and go 50k km before changing, I usually change around 30k km.

Wow 3 Trannys in a few years cannot be easy on the pocket man!!! I don't know about luck and such but i have my 2003 CS3 Lancer for over 10 years now and only just looking to change the transmission oil this month actually. once I thought the CVT was going bad a few years ago and was going to have it swapped but our local transmission expert here in St. Lucia said mine was good and it was actually the exhaust manifold and coil packs causing the erratic behavior. I am going to use the local CVT fluid NP Ultra makes from Trinidad, was wondering if its any good before i go ahead and purchase it.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » March 12th, 2021, 9:52 am

St Lucia, nice

I've never used NP tans oil, is it SP 3?

In the past I usually change trans oil about every 2-3 years but now with the pandemic im thinking 3-4 years before I reach 30k km........just checked......last trans oil change was in mar 2018 only did 17k km since.

Rayden6
Sweet on this forum

Postby Rayden6 » August 21st, 2021, 10:38 pm

Is the CS5W disc pad the same as CY4a both front and rear?

>>>JIMM¥<<<
Riding on 13's

Postby >>>JIMM¥<<< » August 23rd, 2021, 12:05 am

Hassan wrote:Newbie here to this site. my problem is best described as copied here-under by Groundcontrol » July 20th, 2014. Has anyone found a solution.

Thanks in advance.

{Okay guys.i have a Local 2004 Mitsubishi lancer CS3.
The car has a standard 4g18 engine with a standard CVT Tranny.
My cars lacks power.Extreme loss of power.
I feel the power there but its like something is holding the car back.
When climbing inclines the cars runs out of power and sometimes won't make it up depending on the incline.And thats with a wide open throttle(pedal to the metal)
In reverse the cars barely moves.
Also if i cold start and i drive it i get this sorta jig saw back and forth feeling from the car until it warms up a bit.
The engine sounds noticably heaver when idling also.
Over the past 4 months i've been trying to tackle this issue but still the problems exists.
First off.There's no check engine light on.The car drives fine when say i'm doing 60 to 80 on the speedo but say if i decide to press for acceleration the car revs out and goes nowhere.The speed barely increases.The engine would rev but no acceleration.
Things i have tried over the past 4 months to diagnose problem include:
Take car the for engine error code scan.
Change transmission oil
Change engine oil
Change air filter
Change plugs
Change valve cover seal rubbers and gaskets.
Clean injectors
Clean throttle body
Change CAM sensor
Change Crank sensor
Change MAF sensor
Clean IAC sensor
Clean TPS sensor
Clean fuel pump filter
Check fuel pressure
Test MAF,IAC,TPS,O2 sensors manually with voltmeter
Manually inspect exhaust for clogg
Remove catalyc converter
Check engine timing.

Everything that was checked or changed or tested is and works within their intended range.No fault codes or faulty sensors.}

Going through something similar right now, changed transmission and same problem, anyone found a solution for this yet? Car drives normal when cold, but when it warms up, car barely moves (literally inches) when revving in drive or reverse, rev long enough to about 3-4k rpm and it begins to actually drive, happens in and out (not all the time)… seems to happen after a dead stop and having to accelerate from a complete stop, or if u switch from reverse to drive. Old transmission threw a blinking neutral light when it first happened, swapped out transmission and no neutral light since, but still experiencing this acceleration issue. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: it's a CS3 Lancer that originally came 4g18 CVT, put in a 4g15 a while back (used back the same transmission) and it worked fine, until this issue that started happening this week, a foreign used transmission was installed yesterday and the same problem persists.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » August 27th, 2021, 3:14 pm

GDI engine?

Might need to do engine scan (with a proper scan tool) for error codes and perhaps a compression test.

Also check your fuel trims, long term and short term fuel trims, >10 in any one = something wrong.

trent
Riding on 17's

Postby trent » August 28th, 2021, 7:44 am

Not GDI, have you all checked the ECU?
Contact this person 332 9670

suggastik
Riding on 13's

Postby suggastik » September 1st, 2021, 9:23 pm

Good day, can anyone tell me the torque specs for my 2005 4g18 cs3a lancer. Doing an engine rebuild and can't seem to find the torque specs

King Lee
Riding on 13's

Postby King Lee » September 2nd, 2021, 7:18 pm

Goodnight. Have a 4g15 SOHC in a CS2 lancer (bought the car like this). The bolt for my cranshaft pulley keeps running slack. I have tried everything but as long as the AC compressor comes on the pilley stqrts wobblong and the bolt runs slack. Anyone ever experienced this and solved the problem? Does this mean i have to get a head and block? Does it make sense purchasing a 4g15 head and block in 2021? Please advise.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » September 11th, 2021, 9:05 pm

suggastik wrote:Good day, can anyone tell me the torque specs for my 2005 4g18 cs3a lancer. Doing an engine rebuild and can't seem to find the torque specs

Yes I have one let me know if you want the entire overhaul manual

King Lee wrote:Goodnight. Have a 4g15 SOHC in a CS2 lancer (bought the car like this). The bolt for my cranshaft pulley keeps running slack. I have tried everything but as long as the AC compressor comes on the pilley stqrts wobblong and the bolt runs slack. Anyone ever experienced this and solved the problem? Does this mean i have to get a head and block? Does it make sense purchasing a 4g15 head and block in 2021? Please advise.

Did you inspect the threading on the block for the bolt? How does it look?

daniel135
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby daniel135 » October 29th, 2021, 3:41 am

droppa wrote:Good day, wish I had looked for this thread sooner

So I swapped my CS3 from 4 hole to CS5 5 hole and 4-wheel discs. Adding to this some Enkei tarmac evo rims and 225/45/17 sailuns.

Car look good everything nice, but was I wrong about that combo, car squats and the rear fenders scrub like crazy.

Did fender roll, used H rubbers, set camber a bit more negative and still, to realize it’s the bumper tab and bolt causing the issues.

Anyone ever fixed this issue
17x8 with 225/45 scrubbing
What's the offset of the wheels? I'm running 225 45 17s with 17x8 +35 offset and no rubbing. Fender were rolled of course
20211028_090623.jpg

Theysin
Riding on 13's

Postby Theysin » December 17th, 2021, 11:01 am

Guys, anyone know how to get at the starter?

Its a really impractical location. Not really finding many videos online to follow.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 17th, 2021, 12:31 pm

viewtopic.php?t=765423

Figured that I can post this here. If anyone can give me some assistance sourcing them, it will be greatly appreciated.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » December 19th, 2021, 11:04 am

david12 wrote:https://trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?t=765423

Figured that I can post this here. If anyone can give me some assistance sourcing them, it will be greatly appreciated.
Hadda get that from them cars that scrapping

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » December 19th, 2021, 11:12 am

Theysin wrote:Guys, anyone know how to get at the starter?

Its a really impractical location. Not really finding many videos online to follow.
Which engine? I have a 4G93 GDI and the starter is behind the engine underneath the intake manifold. I usually access it from the passenger side, one connector for the solenoid, power wire bolted down, and two bolts holding the starter.

I recommend you go from the driver side and make a recording on your phone and stick your phone under there and see how the setup is so you know what you doing

Theysin
Riding on 13's

Postby Theysin » December 30th, 2021, 8:37 pm

Kronik wrote:

Which engine? I have a 4G93 GDI and the starter is behind the engine underneath the intake manifold. I usually access it from the passenger side, one connector for the solenoid, power wire bolted down, and two bolts holding the starter.

I recommend you go from the driver side and make a recording on your phone and stick your phone under there and see how the setup is so you know what you doing

Thanks brother, 4g18 engine. Got it out from above, thanks for the assistance!

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » December 30th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Theysin wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Thanks brother, 4g18 engine. Got it out from above, thanks for the assistance!
Nice, a little pain in the ass the first few times you do it, but now I taking out mine in no time

Long_bamboo
Ricer

Postby Long_bamboo » August 3rd, 2022, 1:25 pm

i been jiving d cs bout 3 yrs now normal without abs. D 2 front sensors had break when changing d wheel bearings ansa wanted bout 5k for dem two lil piece ah wire. Couldnt get it in d bamboo cuz generally d sensor does swell out and stick in da hub so dey does cut d wire. Was just wondering if anyone else jiving without abs. Feel i go just try disconnect that chupid light on d dash before i sell she

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » August 6th, 2022, 8:53 pm

Long_bamboo wrote:i been jiving d cs bout 3 yrs now normal without abs. D 2 front sensors had break when changing d wheel bearings ansa wanted bout 5k for dem two lil piece ah wire. Couldnt get it in d bamboo cuz generally d sensor does swell out and stick in da hub so dey does cut d wire. Was just wondering if anyone else jiving without abs. Feel i go just try disconnect that chupid light on d dash before i sell she

nah

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » December 9th, 2022, 6:20 am

hi guys got a new mechanic, but he telling me i have to purchase the things for the services

so far someone recomended i use 15w40 body oil

can recommendations of what type of oil filter and spark plugs to get

Lancer Cedia by the way

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » December 11th, 2022, 11:53 am

fred1266 wrote:hi guys got a new mechanic, but he telling me i have to purchase the things for the services

so far someone recomended i use 15w40 body oil

can recommendations of what type of oil filter and spark plugs to get

Lancer Cedia by the way
What engine does the vehicle have?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 12th, 2023, 7:44 pm

Anyone knows where these brake clips for CS3 lancers are available?
Also interested in getting the shims

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 12th, 2023, 8:55 pm

The pads i import from the USA comes with the retainers and the shims along with pads.
You maybe lucky with Wagner having that locally.

1/4 mile king
Street 2NR

Throttle body coolant line 4g18 glx 2004 local lancer

Postby 1/4 mile king » February 1st, 2024, 11:18 am

Is it ok to bypass the throttle body coolant lines??? From what I understand that's for cold climates to prevent the throttle body from freezing while cold air is passing through it. The mechanic said that's to cool the throttle body. Lol... yes with heated coolant Lol..

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 1st, 2024, 12:19 pm

With your emission systems, the heat from the throttle body allows this crud to melt and be passed to the intake system to be burnt off.
Your blow by will dictate if you can do this.
If you have a catch can installed then you can go ahead and bypass them.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Throttle body coolant line 4g18 glx 2004 local lancer

Postby Jade_Inc. » February 1st, 2024, 3:57 pm

1/4 mile king wrote:Is it ok to bypass the throttle body coolant lines??? From what I understand that's for cold climates to prevent the throttle body from freezing while cold air is passing through it. The mechanic said that's to cool the throttle body. Lol... yes with heated coolant Lol..
Yes u can bypass it, I had my own bypassed and it worked fine. 4g18 engine.

1/4 mile king
Street 2NR

Re: Throttle body coolant line 4g18 glx 2004 local lancer

Postby 1/4 mile king » February 1st, 2024, 6:23 pm

Jade_Inc. wrote:
1/4 mile king wrote:Is it ok to bypass the throttle body coolant lines??? From what I understand that's for cold climates to prevent the throttle body from freezing while cold air is passing through it. The mechanic said that's to cool the throttle body. Lol... yes with heated coolant Lol..
Yes u can bypass it, I had my own bypassed and it worked fine. 4g18 engine.

Thanks a lot. That plus the heating element in the dash board in mines are all by-passed..

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”