TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

xtech
punchin NOS

Re: The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Postby xtech » September 6th, 2015, 5:59 pm

BANzai Rastafarai wrote:This is the key. I'm seeing normal transponder keys with no lock/unlock buttons. But not this one. I'm also seeing shells with no transponders.

$1250 for keys at Jel Enterprises... $650 if you have your own dummy keys... I want two but prefer to spend $1300 as opposed to $2500... Esp as the dummy keys cost like $14 US for a pair.

Can't you just use ecuflash to disable the immobilizer....?

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » September 13th, 2015, 8:07 am

Any reviews on bardahl #2, oil treatment?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 13th, 2015, 9:30 am

Why would u want to use that? What is wrong with the engine?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 13th, 2015, 2:12 pm

All it does do. Is to thicken the oil to avoid oil passing thru the valve seals.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » September 14th, 2015, 5:54 am

4g18 engine...every week or few days, I have to top up with oil . A gallon last me an oil change ,5000km

PhotoKID
Ricer

Postby PhotoKID » September 15th, 2015, 5:01 pm

For sale: used pair of cs3 headlights. Want it gone offer me something.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1442350897.532042.jpg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 15th, 2015, 7:55 pm

Jade_Inc. wrote:4g18 engine...every week or few days, I have to top up with oil . A gallon last me an oil change ,5000km

What body do u currently use?

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » September 15th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Do you have a leak or smoking?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 15th, 2015, 11:52 pm

any one knows what size clips for CS3 front stone shields, or when can i get them?

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » September 16th, 2015, 8:58 am

wagonrunner wrote:any one knows what size clips for CS3 front stone shields, or when can i get them?

Best bet is to take off one. ... Motorist, jurawan, mathuras (all west side based) have these.
Most automotive places should have these and well as some automotive paint shops.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 16th, 2015, 11:26 am

cool. thanks.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » September 16th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Dave wrote:
Jade_Inc. wrote:4g18 engine...every week or few days, I have to top up with oil . A gallon last me an oil change ,5000km

What body do u currently use?

I currently use shell 20w50...nope no leaking or smoking.... sprayed out the pcv yesterday even tho the ball was shaking.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 17th, 2015, 6:39 am

Maybe try another oil with a higher flash point like NP ultra. Even though pcv is shaking, it is sealing? After the pcv, is the tube that feeds the intake very wet with oil? What about the other breather on the valve cover? What oil filter is being used? A denser filter media can hold back pressure reducing the amount of oil and maybe burning it off prematurely. What's the mileage on the engine? What transmission is fitted? How do u drive?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 17th, 2015, 7:51 am

I used to have that problem with castrol gtx . Maybe a quart between every oil change. Switched over to shell.

The yellow bottle and it never used to need any topping up. Maybe just a tad.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 17th, 2015, 8:17 am

Castrol has the worst flash of all. I though my engine was burning oil till I found the data and switched to quaker state. All stopped.

turbo6930
Riding on 13's

Postby turbo6930 » September 17th, 2015, 10:00 am

fellas i hav a problem with my cs5w.it has a 4g93na,6 speed tiptronic. everytime i start the car, and put it in drive with the AC on(sometimes it even occurs when the AC is off), the idle starts fluctuating, and the car starts jerking forward, i sprayed out the trottle body but no change, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » September 17th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Dave wrote:Maybe try another oil with a higher flash point like NP ultra. Even though pcv is shaking, it is sealing? After the pcv, is the tube that feeds the intake very wet with oil? What about the other breather on the valve cover? What oil filter is being used? A denser filter media can hold back pressure reducing the amount of oil and maybe burning it off prematurely. What's the mileage on the engine? What transmission is fitted? How do u drive?

Thinking about trying Valvoline 20w50. The tube wasn't wet with oil, just the tip of the valve where the hose connects. What other breather? O.o ...think its a sakura filter i use. Milage is going into 285k, cvt transmission...I don't mash kick down, usually the speed gradually raises slowly without kickdown. Making about 200km mileage everyday at around 60 to 110km/h

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » September 18th, 2015, 7:19 am

wagonrunner wrote:cool. thanks.

Fabric Store on Cipero St nesxt to the place that rebuilds rubber mounts have an assortment of clips at the cheapest prices.

you can check there

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » September 18th, 2015, 3:58 pm

what part of cipero? (have a lot of them)

SweeP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby SweeP » September 20th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Looking to get back the original cold\air trap scoop .Does anyone have one to sell or knw where i can get on to buy?

Just used back an image from the thread for reference

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » September 21st, 2015, 5:41 am

wagonrunner wrote:what part of cipero? (have a lot of them)

when you driving down from Coffee Street it is first place on the left after you pass Sutton Street.

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » September 21st, 2015, 7:56 am

i have one if your still interested in it.

katalist
Ricer

Re: low idle on CS3. help please

Postby katalist » September 21st, 2015, 3:35 pm

i own a Manuel Cs3 Mitsu and i have read alot of solutions to this problem, from replacing the idle speed contorl valve to the "flat head fix" and all sorts of things, basicly anytime i remove the battery or remove one of the terminals even if just for a second when the car comes to a stop / low idle it cuts off, this happend a few times already, i have forced and driven the car for almost a week which at the end it disappeared and the car was back to normal and the last time i removed the negative terminal over night as suggested by a fellow tunner which worked. Now i am trying to put to pratice removing the negative am terminal again but to no avail, i have noticed its problem faced by some, my neighbour has an automatic Cs3 but said he never had this problem. what is the right fix to this problem and what causes this , PLEASE HELP.

redeyez
Street 2NR

Postby redeyez » September 22nd, 2015, 11:54 am

Any ralliart owners in here, quick question what's the best aftermarket replacement for oem ralliart shocks?

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » September 22nd, 2015, 9:40 pm

katalist wrote:i own a Manuel Cs3 Mitsu and i have read alot of solutions to this problem, from replacing the idle speed contorl valve to the "flat head fix" and all sorts of things, basicly anytime i remove the battery or remove one of the terminals even if just for a second when the car comes to a stop / low idle it cuts off, this happend a few times already, i have forced and driven the car for almost a week which at the end it disappeared and the car was back to normal and the last time i removed the negative terminal over night as suggested by a fellow tunner which worked. Now i am trying to put to pratice removing the negative am terminal again but to no avail, i have noticed its problem faced by some, my neighbour has an automatic Cs3 but said he never had this problem. what is the right fix to this problem and what causes this , PLEASE HELP.

you should:

A: have it scanned for any errors.

B: have a proper electrician check the car.

And that may be the only proper way to check it.

katalist
Ricer

Postby katalist » September 23rd, 2015, 12:56 pm

MISHI wrote:
katalist wrote:i own a Manuel Cs3 Mitsu and i have read alot of solutions to this problem, from replacing the idle speed contorl valve to the "flat head fix" and all sorts of things, basicly anytime i remove the battery or remove one of the terminals even if just for a second when the car comes to a stop / low idle it cuts off, this happend a few times already, i have forced and driven the car for almost a week which at the end it disappeared and the car was back to normal and the last time i removed the negative terminal over night as suggested by a fellow tunner which worked. Now i am trying to put to pratice removing the negative am terminal again but to no avail, i have noticed its problem faced by some, my neighbour has an automatic Cs3 but said he never had this problem. what is the right fix to this problem and what causes this , PLEASE HELP.

you should:

A: have it scanned for any errors.

B: have a proper electrician check the car.

And that may be the only proper way to check it.

Its not throwing a code,however i have spoken to a Mechanic and he said that i should service the throttle body, he asked me if the engine steps up when the A/C is put on to which was a yes,he said this is a good thing as it appears that the idle control valve and ECU is working properly,he said that when you leave the car to fix the problem the car will return in some cases to normal working condition but this is just the ECU adapting to the problem and when the battery is removed again the setting is lost and the problem resurfaces i should service the throttle body and idle control valve with a cleaner he said as its not a serious problem at this time but can become one as if not serviced it can a major problem in time i dont know how true this is but if you or anyone can shed some light on this i would appreciate it.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » September 23rd, 2015, 3:22 pm

Katalist maybe i have a hard time understanding english but what exactly is your problem?

Why are you removing the battery terminals? Everytime you do so you have to retrain the ecu
Its in the mitsubishi manual

What to do when engine speed becomes unstable after battery replacement
1.Place vechicle in P. switch off, turn off ac
2. Restart and allow to warm up until needle stabilizes near center mark
3. allow engine to idle for appr 10min
4. when engine speed stabilizes, the resetting is complete
(if i get a chance i ll send the actual pic from the manual)
But this is one of your problems when removing the battery terminal, this is never something you should be practicing unless you have a serious electrical problem.

So besides the irratic idle from removing terminal what other symptoms do you have?
Have you tried cleaning you map sensor, checking coils and spark plugs?

Nidish
Street 2NR

Postby Nidish » September 24th, 2015, 10:19 am

Hey guys, got a problem today. My Lancer CS3 with 4G18 engine temperature went to highest. Normally it goes to one quarter to half. I stopped the car, my mechanic told me that it's the radiator cap and I should change it as it\s not holding pressure and sending all water to the reservoir. Upon lifing the hood, I saw the reservoir cap was popped off and next to my battery and left headlight there was like a orange yellowish powder thing. Also when themperature rises, shouldnt the two radiator fans work? It didn't work. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you. Here are some pics to give u an idea. Note that some 15000 kms back I replaced the radiator cap. It was aftermarket brand asuki with 1.1 pressure,

Also anyone know which radiator cap i need to buy? Any reference/details?

SweeP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby SweeP » September 24th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Nidish If the fans not tripping on then obviously the car would overheat. Pull and check the engine oil dipstick or open the oil cap an see if anything looking like ah peanut punch color. The over flow bottle looking like if oil and water mixing, if that is the case then yuh head gasket prob blow.
Last edited by SweeP on September 24th, 2015, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » September 24th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Sorry to tell you, but that pretty much looks like your head gasket had failed and oil mixed with your coolant. It is possible that those same fans may have failed and caused that issue.

You'll most likely have to do an engine job by removing the head and replacing with a new head gasket (Buy genuine mitsubishi gasket preferably.)

Also possibly check the radiator for damage, if the cap blew off (may have damaged the locking points on the neck of the radiator itself).

And lastly have your fans checked to see if a controller has failed or a direct relay has done so.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”