TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Re: The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Postby ronsin1 » November 20th, 2014, 8:55 pm

moses_boss12 wrote:Tuners..so i having two problems..When my AC on and car at standstill getting a rough jerking only happens when car is in D and foot just on brakes..once it goes into N in eases up significantly...Second problem first time I seeing this is was 2night..in some serious traffic coming our of POS and i hear my deck cut off(2 times) and come back on..when i look again my dashboard lights dimming but this was only for a short period (like bumper to Bumper) once i got on the highway and could have accelerated i notice the dimming stop.
suggestions help anything would be greatly appreciated

Check Battery and Service Alternator

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 20th, 2014, 10:16 pm

ronsin1 wrote:
moses_boss12 wrote:Tuners..so i having two problems..When my AC on and car at standstill getting a rough jerking only happens when car is in D and foot just on brakes..once it goes into N in eases up significantly...Second problem first time I seeing this is was 2night..in some serious traffic coming our of POS and i hear my deck cut off(2 times) and come back on..when i look again my dashboard lights dimming but this was only for a short period (like bumper to Bumper) once i got on the highway and could have accelerated i notice the dimming stop.

Dat sounds like UR iac, idle control sensor. I was having this same problem. Wat happen wen d AC is on d iac supposed to step up d vehicle, but bcus it's not wrkin d car idles lower under d extra strain of d AC, thus causing the alternator to not charge an dats y d deck cuts of wen UR at a stop but once UR driving u won't get the problem... So UR two problems is really one...

moses_boss12
Trinituner Peong
Location: The Beautiful Hills of.................... Hellshire!!

Postby moses_boss12 » November 21st, 2014, 9:14 pm

icefox wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:

Dat sounds like UR iac, idle control sensor. I was having this same problem. Wat happen wen d AC is on d iac supposed to step up d vehicle, but bcus it's not wrkin d car idles lower under d extra strain of d AC, thus causing the alternator to not charge an dats y d deck cuts of wen UR at a stop but once UR driving u won't get the problem... So UR two problems is really one...

Thanks alot man for the info and help..really ease my mind deh...so what is this process like..do i have to get a new IAC or is it something a service could fix up ??? if i have to change it where and how much ???

btw would that unit affect anything else, with d AC on or not ??

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 23rd, 2014, 8:08 pm

Anyone here running 215/45/17 tires?

How it working?

Any rubbing?

thatguy3832
3NE 2NR for life

Postby thatguy3832 » November 23rd, 2014, 8:10 pm

Yeah it rubs 205/45/17 is the better choice harder to find well it was when I was looking

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 23rd, 2014, 8:16 pm

yea 205/45/17 is a lot more expensive too.

Im tempted to go 215 but I just remembered that even the 205 rubs on turns I have to make daily....guess ill have to pay extra.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » November 23rd, 2014, 8:44 pm

It all depends on the offset of your rims.
215/45 wouldn't run more than a 205/50, the ratio is about the same.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 23rd, 2014, 9:06 pm

off set for the front rims is 45mm

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » November 23rd, 2014, 9:28 pm

Yea it wouldn't rub any more than a 205/50/17.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 23rd, 2014, 9:40 pm

actually now that you mention it.

When installing this current set of tires I forgot to place the 45mm in front (front offset is 45mm back is 38mm) so right now Im not sure that 45mm is in front.

I could minimize rubbing by having the 45mm in front.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » November 23rd, 2014, 10:05 pm

Well then, you have some options.
I ran 215/45 and 225/45 with and without lowered coilovers on 45 offset 17s in front.
The rubbing was negligible between all options.
Only got it on full lock when in and out of inclines/depressions.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 24th, 2014, 6:49 am

Yea I get same rubbing problem on full luck when on depressions as well. Although now that the tires wear down I dont get any rubbing at all.

But good info there.

I'll be able to save quite a bit of $$ now with 215 i may even try 225

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » November 24th, 2014, 7:39 am

Wouldn't advise on the 225 unless your rim is 7.5 width. Stick to 215 max.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 24th, 2014, 8:44 am

Width is 7.

But I would only get 225 if it is considerably cheaper.

fwape
Street 2NR

Postby fwape » November 27th, 2014, 9:28 am

Tuners I need y'all input on something here; i realised that my deck/ radio stopped working and thought maybe it was a fuse. I gone out and bought a new one 10A but when i checking to replace it, the one under the steering, it just not there. I don't know what happen to it though my brother has been using it too and around that same time my deck stopped working. anyways i figure i would just put it in but it ain't fitting. isn't a regular fuse supposed to just go in there? or is there some other way to get the deck to work by bypassing that fuse altogether.

kkallicharan
Street 2NR

Postby kkallicharan » November 27th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Fellas I need some help with some part nos.
Need the part nos. for the following parts
Saw some on first page of this thread so I put in those but if you all can double check these as well as input those that missing I'll greatly appreciate it
Vehicle is 2001 CS3 4G18

Timing belt - 5PK1065 R34-7 & 5PK865 R39-4A??
Timing belt tensioner - MD356509??
Crank Seal - MD377999??
Cam Seal - MD372536??
AC Belt - MD366357??
PS belt - MD375935??
Plug seal - MD339118??
Tappet cover seal ??
Lower control arms ??
Disc pad clips ??

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » November 28th, 2014, 11:35 am

fwape wrote:Tuners I need y'all input on something here; i realised that my deck/ radio stopped working and thought maybe it was a fuse. I gone out and bought a new one 10A but when i checking to replace it, the one under the steering, it just not there. I don't know what happen to it though my brother has been using it too and around that same time my deck stopped working. anyways i figure i would just put it in but it ain't fitting. isn't a regular fuse supposed to just go in there? or is there some other way to get the deck to work by bypassing that fuse altogether.

Which CS do you have?
Fuse for the deck is a 10amp. The Accessories (Acc) fuse. That fuse is located in the engine bay next to the battery. Check that one and see. If that fuse has blown, your house/dome lamp and clock would also not be working.

Other than that, check the grounding of the deck.

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » November 30th, 2014, 11:06 pm

moses_boss12 wrote:
icefox wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:

Thanks alot man for the info and help..really ease my mind deh...so what is this process like..do i have to get a new IAC or is it something a service could fix up ??? if i have to change it where and how much ???

btw would that unit affect anything else, with d AC on or not ??

x2. Got the same low idle this evening...200rpm when i slowed down.. ut driving normal.

was wondering how much it'd cost as well

ghostprotocol
Ricer

Postby ghostprotocol » December 3rd, 2014, 9:23 am

ppl some issues

i replaced all 4 engine mounts monday.... guy had to remove air breather and stuff after he installed the mounts and install back the air breather my car sounds like an old car.... i check back to see if the air breather is leaking but it is good.....

he had to hang the engine very low because of the mount over the tranny....

do you al think my exaust prob by the manifold pick up a leak?

ALSO WHERE CAN I GET FRONT ROTOR DISC FOR A CS LANCER???

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » December 3rd, 2014, 9:59 am

ghostprotocol wrote:ppl some issues

i replaced all 4 engine mounts monday.... guy had to remove air breather and stuff after he installed the mounts and install back the air breather my car sounds like an old car.... i check back to see if the air breather is leaking but it is good.....

Seenath's, Dollar Savers and Bobby's in the Bamboo have rotor discs. Bobby's even have a cross drilled and slotted rotor for about $700 a pair.

ghostprotocol
Ricer

Postby ghostprotocol » December 3rd, 2014, 10:03 am

thanks pal.......

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » December 3rd, 2014, 11:07 am

This is the original engine?i have replaced tranny and back mounts already and have never had any probs lining back up with the engine. Tranny mount is a beyotch to take out but it bolted back in place with ease and no alteration had to be made to engine...
Fact your engine as you say is "low" could be putting a strain on exhaust and may have damaged the exhaust... Muffler shop to confirm unless you wa go below the car with squeezy water

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » December 3rd, 2014, 12:31 pm

BrotherHood wrote:

Seenath's, Dollar Savers and Bobby's in the Bamboo have rotor discs. Bobby's even have a cross drilled and slotted rotor for about $700 a pair.

Paid $400 for my drilled & slotted pair by dollar savers

ghostprotocol
Ricer

Postby ghostprotocol » December 3rd, 2014, 2:26 pm

kjaglal76v2 wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:

Paid $400 for my drilled & slotted pair by dollar savers

yea pal i went right there bought it and installed it already i feel am driving a new lancer lol...

hada sort out my rough noise probs still thanks peeps

ghostprotocol
Ricer

Postby ghostprotocol » December 3rd, 2014, 2:31 pm

i tell u these lancer cs.......... should have kept my ck4 lancer... never had an issue...

another issue i have... i noticed recently while i am drivin i hearin like the ac compressor cycling realy loud and the fan cuttin out really loud as well... kinda annnoying..

any suggestions?

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » December 3rd, 2014, 3:40 pm

ghostprotocol you does buelll in u car ah wa?
U cud put in a hard pound, tha does help to solve all noise issues

If it short cycling it needs gassing up or you have a leak.
If its just noise it could be the bearing or it could just want some servicing. I kow they use a oil that is sucked into the system to help with lubrication.

ghostprotocol
Ricer

Postby ghostprotocol » December 3rd, 2014, 7:14 pm

nissan4life wrote:ghostprotocol you does buelll in u car ah wa?
U cud put in a hard pound, tha does help to solve all noise issues

If it short cycling it needs gassing up or you have a leak.
If its just noise it could be the bearing or it could just want some servicing. I kow they use a oil that is sucked into the system to help with lubrication.

Well yea I bull a few times in it hahaha

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » December 4th, 2014, 4:54 am

well after 444 pages this thread finally went out the door :|

moses_boss12
Trinituner Peong
Location: The Beautiful Hills of.................... Hellshire!!

Postby moses_boss12 » December 4th, 2014, 7:50 am

ronsin1 wrote:well after 444 pages this thread finally went out the door :|

:lol: :lol:

OK so i service my throttle body weekend..aint get around the Iac yet..sometimes when the car starts it reving up real hard for a good while..then once driving going back to its normal state...happened once only was wondering if this problem serious or just sum that happen.....BTW never got a response on whether the IAC sensor could service or have to change

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » December 4th, 2014, 10:43 am

moses_boss12 wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:well after 444 pages this thread finally went out the door :|

:lol: :lol:

OK so i service my throttle body weekend..aint get around the Iac yet..sometimes when the car starts it reving up real hard for a good while..then once driving going back to its normal state...happened once only was wondering if this problem serious or just sum that happen.....BTW never got a response on whether the IAC sensor could service or have to change

Yea it cud service but I won't recommend it, the parts get very brittle from d engine heat, wen I did mines d parts broke up in my hand so I had to end up changing it any way. But if UR up to d task give it a go, jus search YouTube for d video

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”