TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: CS Lancer!

Postby nissan4life » February 7th, 2012, 1:03 pm

does any one know how many o2 sensors are on the 2002 lancer?

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » February 7th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Biggs3ne wrote:Does anyone know where I can locate an OEM thermostat? Also, can you indicate the part# and provide a ball park figure of how much it costs?

teknet in woodbrook 300 when there this morning 625 tnet

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » February 7th, 2012, 1:58 pm

mety57 wrote:
Biggs3ne wrote:Does anyone know where I can locate an OEM thermostat? Also, can you indicate the part# and provide a ball park figure of how much it costs?

teknet in woodbrook 300 when there this morning 625 tnet

in english

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » February 7th, 2012, 2:11 pm

there is a place called teknet in woodbrook there number is 625-tnet and they sell the oem thermostat for $300

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » February 7th, 2012, 2:17 pm

:D ...

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » February 7th, 2012, 2:25 pm

FYI guys, for those that didnt know: Teknet = W2J = Gerrard.

nissan4life: GDI's have 2 O2's, regular GLX 1.6 SOHC have 1.

Biggs: ZeroOne, turbobeast, or AWOL can give you the part number once you give them your chassis number.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » February 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm

woooohooooo new engine is inside project lancer :D

So far, a Cedia lancer, looking like an evo7, with complete rearend of an evo7, actually entire back half lol.

Looking to add a few more extras in the rear to keep it straight, proper suspension, if money is good in a month time, i'll be taking those tien coilovers thats up for sale.

Engine is a full rwd setup with gearbox, while retaining the interior. Maximum setting we want about 700hp, which would be used in drag racing however, lowest setting, hopefully it can go as low as 400hp for dex and drift.

Sorry peepz, no pics, camera is dead and the distance this project is doing, well i dont go that side as often.

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » February 7th, 2012, 2:34 pm

idle wot yuh saying is those guys can get any item cheaper than teknet once u give chassis info

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » February 7th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Computerz & Parts Guy wrote:woooohooooo new engine is inside project lancer :D

So far, a Cedia lancer, looking like an evo7, with complete rearend of an evo7, actually entire back half lol.

Looking to add a few more extras in the rear to keep it straight, proper suspension, if money is good in a month time, i'll be taking those tien coilovers thats up for sale.

Engine is a full rwd setup with gearbox, while retaining the interior. Maximum setting we want about 700hp, which would be used in drag racing however, lowest setting, hopefully it can go as low as 400hp for dex and drift.

Sorry peepz, no pics, camera is dead and the distance this project is doing, well i dont go that side as often.

ah so yuh have the old lancer back seats for sale :roll:

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » February 7th, 2012, 2:38 pm

nah mety, those guys can give you the part number, once you give them the chassis number.
Then you take the part number to W2J.
Either that or W2J can get the part number for you too, once you give him your chassis number.

Biggs3ne
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Biggs3ne » February 7th, 2012, 3:26 pm

I actually called and spoke to Gerrard today, pm'ed him my chasis number and currently awaiting part#'s and what not. He also mentioned that he can order the stuff in as well which he may not have in stock.

Idle - I'm considering changing my entire cooling system due to the mileage of the car and the comment you made about me having cooling issues.

Parts to be replaced: Radiator, Fan control unit, thermostat and water pump. My fan motors are operational and all the hoses look fine, no visible signs of wear and tear.

As mentioned by Gerrard, the cooling system of the car is very important and has many implications for engine performance. Some of which I am currently experiencing and previously mis-diagnosed.

Am I on the right track idle?

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » February 7th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Gerrard can get any mitsubishi oem part from the U.S or from Japan once you have the correct part number....

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » February 7th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Sounds like a lil overkill to me.
Check out a radiator place, test the pressure, get the system cleaned and/or changed if no other choice.
Replace the control unit (DIY)
Replace the thermostat (DIY)
Replace the water pump if youve never done that before esp since the car on 200k km (Not DIY)
Once the fans working they dont need changing, those things either work or not.
If your hoses are good then keep them but consider changing the clamps to the threaded type if you still have the oem ones that clamp with pressure.

Biggs3ne
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Biggs3ne » February 7th, 2012, 4:16 pm

I went to replace the overflow stem of the radiator in December when it was discovered that the radiator had small leaks, many small leaks, and the guy indicated that it's best I source a new one. He just applied some epoxy to the overflow stem as a quick fix for the while.

This entire project is a (DIY). However, I might take up your advise concerning the water pump. April this year will make it 2 years since I've had the car and my previous mechanic never mentioned/thought of changing any of these things. The only critical part changed was the timing belt. I don't even think he changed the tensioner, I see you guys talking about changing the tensioner as well when changing the timing belt.

I regret not following this thread sooner :(.....if I had done so I would have saved a whole sheit load of money and time as well.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » February 7th, 2012, 7:03 pm

mety57 wrote:
Computerz & Parts Guy wrote:woooohooooo new engine is inside project lancer :D

ah so yuh have the old lancer back seats for sale :roll:

Unfortunately the back half had no seats so i had put the lancer back seats and they fit back like original. However, the car will only be seating two people while in motion so PM me with how much they go for and i'll organise.

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » February 9th, 2012, 11:09 am

I have a question for d guys with cedia shaped CS3's with double cooling fans..when u turn on your A/C does the right side fan come on as soon as u turn on the swtich?

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » February 9th, 2012, 11:57 am

^ right side as in ac fan? it should only come on when the compressor is on?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » February 9th, 2012, 12:03 pm

No turbo...both fans turn on immediately, then periodically turn off, and switch back on before they come to a complete stop.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » February 9th, 2012, 3:00 pm

idlemind wrote:No turbo...both fans turn on immediately, then periodically turn off, and switch back on before they come to a complete stop.

Correct!

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » February 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm

well I know my fan controller is playin up because my left side fan turns on as soon as I turn on the ignition and spins when engine starts even on a cold morning...then when I turn on the A/C the right side fan does nothing even if the A/C on for a while....

so if allyuh start up on a cold morning and turn on the A/C the both fans start spinning?
Well I suppose they would because I took a circuit tester and I got current on the supply connector on fan motor when the A/C was turned on and none when it was turned off....
looks like the right side fan motor is gone....the engine cools normal and so does the a/c but it would eventually run down d other fan motor and fail...the right side fan motor is more expensive than the left...is like $125 US for one and $200 US (before shipping, duties and taxes) for the other....might hadda take a visit by bella soon...

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » February 9th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Right side Fan Motor is the same motor used in a B15

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » February 9th, 2012, 5:46 pm

doh make that joke..same brand as well?

douglaking
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby douglaking » February 9th, 2012, 8:22 pm

So I would like to know if any of you have ever tried to change your fog lamp bulb in a CS3, if so can you provide a detailed description :(

Never did this before I'm accustomed to head lamp change...

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » February 9th, 2012, 8:32 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
Biggs3ne wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:^^^ A concern that I also share because my fans do the same thing and I want one to purchase before it gets to a point on no return.

Hey BrotherHood, any luck on your end locating an original fan controller?

If I have any luck on my end I will let you know.

Na bro, nothing yet.

i have a oem fan controller i bought but that was not the problem i will sell it for 800 original box too 385-7555

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » February 9th, 2012, 10:21 pm

turbo_beast369 wrote:doh make that joke..same brand as well?

can't confirm but was in a jam a day and had no choice but to buy the B15 motor and install it had to use the car . Direct line up

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » February 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm

ronsin1

good info

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » February 10th, 2012, 12:19 am

mety57 wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:
Biggs3ne wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:^^^ A concern that I also share because my fans do the same thing and I want one to purchase before it gets to a point on no return.

Na bro, nothing yet.

i have a oem fan controller i bought but that was not the problem i will sell it for 800 original box too 385-7555

Can't buy now. Let's see if Biggs responds.

Biggs3ne
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Biggs3ne » February 10th, 2012, 12:25 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
mety57 wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:
Biggs3ne wrote:

Na bro, nothing yet.

Can't buy now. Let's see if Biggs responds.

I am going to purchase the Fan Controller from W2J next week, he has the evo ones in stock, but he told me that he has sold many to CS owners and he also instructed them how to run the connection properly in order for it to work efficiently and effectively.

I will post pics up when I install the evo controller.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » February 10th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Yes fellas, I have a problem. Please assist.

My car drove fine all day long i.e to work, park up whole day and then the afternoon treck back home. Left home and came to the gf's house. Was leaving her house to go lime earlier on tonight and the car started fine, reversed out the driveway, straightened up and drove for not more ten metres and car started to stutter and buck horribly. I have a volts gauge(needle gives reading) and I switched my attention to that immediately to see if was loss of power. Volts dropped to 13 volts while idling extremely rough.

I stuttered back into the driveway and opened my bonnet to see that the rubber that goes over the spark plug closest to the engine oil cover on the engine block(left facing windscreen), partially jumped out from down in the hole where the spark plug goes. So I took it out and took out the spark plug as well. The outside of the rubber that goes over the spark plug has very little oil. I wiped it off. I replaced the spark plug and spark plug wire and made sure the rubber was seated properly. Started the car and it idled fine. Drove a block and it drove fine until I was almost back in the driveway. It started stuttering again.

Back in the driveway now, I checked again and the very same coil pack jumped out partially again. Seated it properly and started the car but this time it idled rough although i seated it properly.

I'm a bit confused. Called my mechanic and he will be here in the morning to deal with it but can anyone of you guys give me a possible cause for this problem? Do I need a coil pack? Do I need new plug wires?

stiffmeister
Ricer

Postby stiffmeister » February 10th, 2012, 10:50 pm

ShIvAm wrote:my both stabilizer links are broken in my car, i was advised to go to the manufacturer to get the replacement and it costs $250 each.

this ever happened to anybody in here? the car is CS2 lancer which is just under a year old

this happened to me last yr.... got brand new links in penal for less than $200/pair....

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”