TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Re: CS Lancer!

Postby turbo_beast369 » April 6th, 2011, 12:33 pm

^^^yeah but you have to put resistors on all led flashing bulb...so you hadda install 4 resistors for each indicator bulb...also those LED-type flasher units are supposed to work normal if the led's blow and u change back to normal bulbs...

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » April 6th, 2011, 8:51 pm

zero give meh yuh number again i wanted the red leds for ip and other lights inside

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » April 7th, 2011, 9:25 am

turbo_beast369 wrote:^^^yeah but you have to put resistors on all led flashing bulb...so you hadda install 4 resistors for each indicator bulb...also those LED-type flasher units are supposed to work normal if the led's blow and u change back to normal bulbs...

If the LED flasher unit works as normal with filament bulbs then thats better than load resistors.

Looking for spark plugs, is the NGK iridiums to use for the 4G15 GDI?

Im seeing this on the first post NGK BKR5EKUC.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » April 7th, 2011, 9:38 am

NGK BKR5EKUC is correct, talk to AWOL about switching to sumtin else.

Fellas I have a padna that has a CS2 with and IP that does not have the tach.
Can he swap one with the tach and get it to work?

Did anyone here do that?

thatguy3832
3NE 2NR for life

Postby thatguy3832 » April 7th, 2011, 9:41 am

I want to find out too cause i want mine changed also

fayad
Street 2NR

Postby fayad » April 7th, 2011, 3:42 pm

hello folk...can any of u tel me or do any of u have a cs3 lancer mesh grill to sell....that the 2 triangular look grill....the black mesh looking ones...

CS3A_GLX
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby CS3A_GLX » April 7th, 2011, 5:25 pm

idlemind wrote:NGK BKR5EKUC is correct, talk to AWOL about switching to sumtin else.

Fellas I have a padna that has a CS2 with and IP that does not have the tach.
Can he swap one with the tach and get it to work?

Did anyone here do that?

yes it can. its just like installing an external tach but seeing that the RPM meter is inside the IP Panel, sum wire cutting, soldering and modding hav to be done. unless u cud swap out harness of the sort...

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » April 7th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Cool man, that sounding like headache.
Plan B is to get pod and guages

CS3A_GLX
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby CS3A_GLX » April 7th, 2011, 8:57 pm

yep yep...thaz ur best bet! a lil tacho wudn't kill yo!

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » April 7th, 2011, 9:32 pm

idle if u had the main jacks i would of been easy

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » April 7th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Yea buh the fella aint want all that hassle.

I may give him a mold of my guage pod and he go source the tach to fit in those small holes.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » April 7th, 2011, 10:06 pm

^^^ aye idle the Fan ah sell yuh wuk

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » April 8th, 2011, 9:24 pm

allyuh what does cause a lazy start sometimes

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » April 9th, 2011, 9:52 am

possibly battery

EVA Unit-01
Riding on 17's

Postby EVA Unit-01 » April 10th, 2011, 7:53 am

ey, turbo, can you check the strut bar for me please? as you can see, the rear lower has two types of ends...
http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.a ... 3,5&page=1

also, does anyone know the part# for the cradle arm bushings on the 2008 CS3A? mine are cracked, and i'm thinking of getting polyurethane replacements... wanna make sure it's the correct thing!

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » April 10th, 2011, 9:39 am

cradle arm bushing MR403441

both of those sway bars would work seeing that you should get all the necessary hardware to install it...and well it's easier for you because your car came with a rear sway bar so you have the L brackets...

EVA Unit-01
Riding on 17's

Postby EVA Unit-01 » April 10th, 2011, 12:46 pm

thanks! will doublecheck the polyurethane against that part#... & i'll take a look-see at the installed bar, see which one of the ends it has...

just gave my car an interior clean for the first time in months :mrgreen: Also, took down my calipers because i was getting a lil vibes when braking, found the pins needed greasing again :? Damn HPS pads dusted the entire thing so nastily!!!

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » April 10th, 2011, 1:34 pm

the 19 mm bar has the same ends as the OEM bar...the 16 mm bar would work as well once u gettin the stabilizer end links with the kit...

CS3A_GLX
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby CS3A_GLX » April 10th, 2011, 2:35 pm

fellaz, allyuh eh showin off d CS inna d ato boldon later? MK event!

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » April 10th, 2011, 2:47 pm

no but I have some information from a very reliable source that the mitsubishi crew will have at least three evos running in the arima grand prix :shock:

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » April 10th, 2011, 6:41 pm

ronsin1 wrote:no but I have some information from a very reliable source that the mitsubishi crew will have at least three evos running in the arima grand prix :shock:

aye when is this

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » April 11th, 2011, 5:46 am

24th April 2011 see the global post on tuner

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » April 11th, 2011, 8:21 am

EVA Unit-01 wrote:thanks! will doublecheck the polyurethane against that part#... & i'll take a look-see at the installed bar, see which one of the ends it has...

just gave my car an interior clean for the first time in months :mrgreen: Also, took down my calipers because i was getting a lil vibes when braking, found the pins needed greasing again :? Damn HPS pads dusted the entire thing so nastily!!!

I want to install polyurethane bushings in my car as well. Where you getting yours from?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » April 11th, 2011, 10:35 am

Sounds like a vacuum leak.

Get it started, hold down the pedal to about 1k rpm and keep it there.
Have someone spray carb spray, not the foam type, around all the hoses and throttle body.
NOT in the air intake directly, and see if the idle increases on its own and dies back down to 1k

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » April 11th, 2011, 6:48 pm

^^Oil in the radiator and water in the oil..

Fellas, I had the most shittiest day trying to find an electrician...

[RANT]It started when I left for work this morning, place was cool and the sun was behind cloud so I say I'll open up the sun roof and ease off the AC.
Reaching Pasea, it started to drizzle so I say time to lock up top.
Sunroof started to close normal but with about an inch again to close it stick and started clicking.
So I open it back to close again this time it reached halfway and start clicking...
I say sheit man this aint funny, send back to close again, the thing only moving back and forth by an inch, so now it stuck practically open with rain coming.

So I turn back and headed by the local trusty electrician in Pasea (Lalchan)
Man say, look that other car here too for sunroof problems, is the cable does burst and yuh cyar get that anywhere. The most we could do is push it back in the closed position but dat eh guaranteed. I say cool, have a good day, bounce starter and gone...you done write me off already.

So I reach home, pull up the manual and start scrapping down the headliner.
I aint see any pieces of cables, but I notice the motor was missing a bolt and was rocking. It didnt bother me so I replace the bolt, but still nothing, still stuck open.

Made a few calls, and my straightener say to go check a locksmith....yeah i was like wtf ah locksmith dan???!!!
So I cut out a cardboard to block the hole and went out by Derek's on the Main Road close to Trincity central road.
Derek say we go check it in 5mins it sounding like the cable burst...mind you I was the 6th car waiting to service.
Half hour past, I say bro, I gone...I go check you in the morning if I doh get thru elsewhere.

Call my Electrician, no answer.... call a couple tuners, like nobody have a northside electrician to suggest..
Then I remember there was a power windows fella in bamboo so I say it worth a shot.
Steupsss....I pull up by the man, explain my situation, man say he doh do sunroofs.
I say but boss the motor is the same thing like the power windows, he say nah he only dealing with windows. Confused at his excuse, I buss out...

Went by a padna opposite old Seenath's...he say nah he doh dig up in sunroofs, check the power window man, or Rohans right after Poyea. I tell him the Power windows man is a crunt but say wat lehme try this Rohan fella. Gone by Rohan, he pull out tester and start checking the connector, he say the electrical good, check a straightener coz the cable burst or the glass out the track. He carry me by a straightener in Temple street. Straightener man say he doh do that but he give me a number for a man in Malabar that does fix dem thing. Well by now I start getting fedup was a good thing I went home and eat lunch before I went Bamboo. Coz ah woulda cuss up somebody.

I call the man in Malabar, he say come in the morning, he busy all now.
I say bro, It hadda fix today, he say ...well padna I busy..click

I tell myself well tuh fcuk with dat! I heading back home....with meh cardboard roof (chucked by a piece ah 1/4" pvc coz it was looking like it woulda blow away)

Reach home and start pulling ratchet to disassemble everything.
Pull out the entire sunroof system and started cleaning and re-greasing the tracks.
Pulled on the glass to close it, still nothing. So google iymc...end up on evolutionm.net

Apparently, its a common Mitsu problem that happens when the bolts for the sunroof motor backs out, some men said they saw only 1 bolt attached, others say as they touched the motor, 2 bolts fall out. Seems like they run slack easily as it has no lock washer. But what this causes is the motor now slips out of the track where it contacts the cable assembly.

Gone now to take out the motor...Honestly I didnt want to do it myself coz chances are I wouldve been messed the sequencing on the track and motor...But I had no real alternative. Motor teeth was stink with gunk...cable track teeth was gunky, so i clean it up and reinstall. Pull the switch nothing, drop the motor alone and connect it, motor works fine and switches off at the end of the sequence (open/close) once it not connected to the sunroof.

My last attempt was to physically close the sunroof glass, set the motor to what i assumed was the closed position (the opposite of how it was stuck) and reconnect, with white grease in every moving part...and BODOW it decided to work like if nothing ever happened.

STEUPSSS...I was glad, but fcukin pissed that no technician was willing to try it.
It seems nowadays you really have to fix things yourselves and not rely on anybody even if you willing to pay. I reckon I saved myself a minimum of $300. But I really couldnt handle the excuses everyone was making about the cable burst. It even had me actually thinking that there was supposed to be a cable that mysteriously disappeared. It just goes to show that alot of these self proclaimed Electricians really dunno they ass from they foot sometimes.

Oh and no pics was too frustrated to handle a camera...plus the camera man/assistant/head mechanic was out working. Steups...now he telling me his ppl at work couldve fix it....Anyway>>>>>>>[/RANT]

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » April 13th, 2011, 8:01 am

Good read, I dunno why you didnt try to fix it yourself, it already broken whats the worse that could happen to it?

Plus it works similar to the power windows so it aint no rocket science to fix.

Who you think fix my power window when the clip had broken and everyone was saying to buy a new window? I even refused to buy an OEM one for a couple hundred dollars just because I knew that I didnt have to spend that kinda money just to fix a broken clip.

Should of saved yourself that trouble and time by just scrapping down that roof yourself in the first place.

Anyway at least those of us with sunroofs know how to fix it now if ever that sould happen.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » April 13th, 2011, 8:34 am

I know it wasn't rocket science but it's real stress to drop the sunroof and that is what I was trying to avoid. The headliner was stress to get out without damaging it.
Then yuh had to get the sunroof out without damaging the upholstery lol

Anyway chalk up another diy.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » April 13th, 2011, 9:04 am

yuh see that is why I no longer own a car vehicle with a sun roof. The horror stories I could tell you but it was never electrical always something manual

EVA Unit-01
Riding on 17's

Postby EVA Unit-01 » April 14th, 2011, 6:11 pm

ey Zero, GPS tell me he have the polyurethane (Energy Suspension, i believe)... i only want those bushings, because i don't want to change the ride comfort too much in case i have to sell to get the Evo (fingers crossed) :lol:

will call him tomorrow to compare part #s with the one turbo post, also hadda get oil & filter for my upcoming 90K km service... still looking into getting a Gates timing belt (racing or no) to change soon...

think i'll give my baby a wash & clean that K&N, i'm so happy to be back from offshore and could drive she!!! YAY!

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » April 14th, 2011, 6:29 pm

idlemind WOW that is therapy... We'll do some preventative maintenance on mine before i end up in ur shoes 8-)

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”