TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

helppp urgent!!!!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nick_carter
Riding on 13's

helppp urgent!!!!

Postby nick_carter » March 3rd, 2016, 5:25 pm

need some urgent help....im new to this whole mitsubishi ting...this is my first mitsubishi car a cs3 lancer and coolant seems to coming out from wat i believe cud be the waterpump...cud b wrong...im nt hearing any noise from the water pump.....but the coolant seems to b seeping out...can someone giv me a little advice on this please...also where in south hav a good mechanic dat in can go buy and get this check and fix

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: helppp urgent!!!!

Postby nissan4life » March 4th, 2016, 7:55 am

You need to describe where the water is coming from or take a pic and upload since your not 100% sure.

Has the waterpump even been replaced?
There is a seal/gasket that is on the waterpump that could have been damaged thats causing the leak or it could be the waterpump itself is damaged.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 7th, 2016, 1:02 am

Simply replace it. It could be that the pump itself has done its time.

Generally mitsu OEM pumps will go for a good 10 -12 years without any failures, however that could be shortened with using a low quality green coolant.

If it is leaking, then it is either due to the seal failing or cavitation of the alloy housing of the pump itself due to time and as stated, quality of coolant.

Just get an OEM replacement or a good japanese pump (GMB has been a good brand...) and with a reseal, you should be good to go for a while again.

Once you are going down there, I would suggest you replace your timing belt as well.

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » March 7th, 2016, 6:26 am

Green coolant bad? What is better grade coolant to use in the mitsubishi?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » March 7th, 2016, 6:42 pm

No not necessarily that the green is bad, it's the low quality cheap green ones that go for around 20 a gallon.

I believe in zerex though.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » March 7th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Are u sure its not over flowing from the coolant reservoir?

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » March 8th, 2016, 9:09 am

**** artis op said coolant as leaking from waterpump or around that area.
1. the reservoir is no where close to that, its infact on the other side to the front
2. if that was happening it would indicate a problem of overheating for that to happen

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » March 12th, 2016, 9:05 am

nissan4life wrote:**** artis op said coolant as leaking from waterpump or around that area.
1. the reservoir is no where close to that, its infact on the other side to the front
2. if that was happening it would indicate a problem of overheating for that to happen

Its the process of elimination bro, all factors should be explored...he said he isnt sure, so why not make sure its not overflowing? Nissan vehicles does use coolant or tap water?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”