TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ADVISE NEEDED-Mitsu.Diaqueen CVT J1 T/oil

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

fayad
Street 2NR

ADVISE NEEDED-Mitsu.Diaqueen CVT J1 T/oil

Postby fayad » December 17th, 2010, 12:29 pm

hi all,

i need your opinions i own a cs3 lancer 4g18 with the cvt

...i brought a gallon of the above fluid to service my Tranny...When i went to my mechanic(who also has a parts shop) to get the tranny flush...he told me that this is the wrong transmisson oil and he advised me to exchange this and buy 8 quarts of Mobil t/oil....

d thing is the shop refused to exchange this oil(Juteram's S/Grande)...and now am out $550.00 and i am not sure if i have the correct oil..

duz anyone of u know if this oil is compatible with my car's transmission...

if its not...i am will to sell it for $350.00, it was never even opened! i paid 550.00 for it.

genghis
3NE 2NR for life

Re: ADVISE NEEDED-Mitsu.Diaqueen CVT J1 T/oil

Postby genghis » December 17th, 2010, 8:34 pm

i know the CS thread may seem daunting but trust me its full of info. TIP: use the index on the front page!!
MITSUBISHIDiaQueenCVTFJ1_2.jpg
this is the one you have rite?? this came out with the CY lancer (new model)

MMC_ATF_SP3_1L_1.JPG
this is the one most CS owners including myself use. 120K on the tranny and it wuking. it alot cheaper as well!!
MMC_ATF_SP3_1L_1.JPG (28.87 KiB) Viewed 1881 times

which one to use? well that has been debated by men with much more knowledge than me with no clear winner.(my opinion)

0X

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » December 17th, 2010, 9:59 pm

I would suggest that you use the white bottle one as that has teh rating that the CS3 tranny requires

reason that I say this is because the CVTJ1 is a newer oil, but I have never seen any documentation as yet that states that the J1 is backward compatible with teh SPIII

you can assume that because it is newer that it is compatible, but CVT trannies are very dependant on the tranny fluid for proper and long term operation and if the J1 is not compatible with the SPIII, using it will . . . mess up your tranny

so I advise that when in doubt, do what your tranny will do - go into fail safe mode and use what is specified

the J1 was released by Mitsubishi for their newer CVT transmissions, as CVT's have evolved since teh days taht the F1C1A tranny (in the CS3) was designed.

as soon as I see the documentation that directly confirms or has technical specification that will conclude backward compatibility between CVTJ1 and SPIII tranny fluid, I will switch to the J1 in both CS3's that I maintain
just my TT$0.02 on the topic

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » December 18th, 2010, 6:53 am

venum wrote:
as soon as I see the documentation that directly confirms or has technical specification that will conclude backward compatibility between CVTJ1 and SPIII tranny fluid, I will switch to the J1 in both CS3's that I maintain
just my TT$0.02 on the topic

since when you have TT0.02 :lol: :lol:

on a serious note there is no documentation on this for the CS the only oil I will use is the SPIII I have yet to see any one confirm the use of the DIA Queen J1

EVA Unit-01
Riding on 17's

Postby EVA Unit-01 » December 29th, 2010, 1:15 pm

^^^x2

it's actually written on d label aroun d top of d tranny's dipstick on my local CS3A. AFAIK, all d CS CVT's use d SPIII, not even d DiaQueen SPIII is compatible...

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”