TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

legallity of EVOs?? (no plates and firewalls)

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

legallity of EVOs?? (no plates and firewalls)

Postby *KRONIK* » September 2nd, 2009, 10:41 pm

DISCLAIMER: This topic is not geared @ flaming any body's car......

im just curious as to know HOW??

so i noticed that a lot of evos 2-3 and 4-6 are using CB and Ck plates and some even have the firewalls of the respective lancer on the carriage.....

i know supposed to be illegal......

i met a evo3 owner recently........
his firewall was CE9A but this certified copy was CB2A and he was runnin local plates.....

what are the ramifications of doin such??

also i checked a CM5A GSR and it had CK1 on the firewall and
a couple evos 4-6 with CK firewalls (all local plates)

exactly how legal are the vehicles??

what kinda trouble to expect witht the law??

can doing such (swapping firewalls) be traced??
Last edited by *KRONIK* on September 3rd, 2009, 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » September 3rd, 2009, 12:56 am

*KRONIK*,basically, they "sweat" out the firewall and put it onto the next. as in, cb3 firewall on the evo3 so that it would now have the chassis number as the CB3 as in where it can use the plates from the CB3 on the evo now since it has the number. its no way legal but a evo is like a lancer with a body kit to alot of people so you can just claim it to be a lancer converted to a evo or just a lancer with a body kit.

end of the day, its illegal, ur car will be taken if you are caught, not sure if any jail time is involved tho.

the guy with the CE9A chassis number and CB2A certified copy, well, he just didnt bother to do the firewall swap since on the insurance they will show its a lancer, mitsubishi, his name etc. rarely at roadblocks and other meetings with officers etc they check chassis numbers.

hope this helps. btw, cb3 lancers can be converted to full evo 1-3 with just a lil cutting by the trunk. so dont go saying that a man car is illegal when he just did a conversion :lol:

never tried the ck and up conversion tho.

serious
Riding on 13's

Postby serious » September 3rd, 2009, 6:51 am

It is illegal,but you most likely only going to get caught if is time to sell and transfer in licence office,but then again some people does transfer with the car home in their garage. So once yuh aint get ketch!

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 3rd, 2009, 9:29 am

Death-Row wrote: btw, cb3 lancers can be converted to full evo 1-3 with just a lil cutting by the trunk. so dont go saying that a man car is illegal when he just did a conversion

suppose they trying to sell u the car as an evo

they claiming is an evo but dont want to go liscencing office with the vehicle....

Death-Row,i know the conversion on the CB is easier.......

but still is it safe for these "swapped" vehicles to be on the road??

if they hapen to get in an accident waz the next move there??

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 3rd, 2009, 10:14 pm

anyone??

turbo_boy411
Sweet on this forum

Postby turbo_boy411 » September 4th, 2009, 12:53 am

tampering with the vehicle registration number ie identification plates and chassis will surely lead to seizure of the said vehicle by the relevant authorities...

it'll be your hard luck when babylon take yuh car and you get caught with yuh pant's down with yuh hard earned money in yuh pocket gone down the drain...

you should stay away from these vehicles because anything that seems too good to be true usually is...

i'm not saying that all of them are totally wrong, there are some cars that have been written off and their registration number transferred to another chassis (something called a "CLO").

but you wouldn't wanna put down 80k and then lose it...

be careful, obviously anyone that's afraid to go to license office have something to hide...

keep on boosting...

Regards...

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » September 4th, 2009, 1:18 am

*KRONIK*,always transfer ur cars in licensing office the good way. if it passed deh, then the prev owner do the ratch reallll good :lol: alot of cars were licensed/put on the road illegaly but some were done good in terms of paper work etc. if ur buying ur car and u know its a swapped firewall, up to you.

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » September 4th, 2009, 9:51 am

I did quite a few posts on this already...
Sanctifier wrote:I spoke to the previous Commissioner about a legal CLO transfer for my damaged box 1800 Lancer GSR,
to a foreign-used shell a few years ago... and was turned down.
BTW that Lancer GSR was PBB 3560... if it's offered to you for sale... it's your funeral. :roll:

So your firewall swap is illlegal from a number of different angles...
Sanctifier wrote:No Motor Vehicle Tax or VAT paid = Bogus Registration Number...
Bogus Registration Number........ = INVALID Insurance Certificate...
INVALID Insurance Certificate..... = NO Insurance Coverage...
NO Insurance Coverage.............. = YOU pay ALL Costs... including THEIR legal costs to sue YOU!
ALL Costs include... = Repairs to Your car + Repairs to Other Car + Loss of Use during Other Car's repairs
and this too... + Personal Injury Claims by ALL Occupants of Other Car.
It gets worse... + Other 3rd party Car repairs + Other 3rd party Liability for injury to Persons &/or Property. :!:

As I said... It's YOUR funeral.

My $0.02¢
Last edited by Sanctifier on September 4th, 2009, 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2009, 10:21 am

Tanx for all the replies........

i really wanted this whole thing clarified cuz a really good friend of mine, good law abiding citizen is in the market for an evo right now.....

but ALL, and i mean ALL the evos he checked even the few CM5 GSRs were all plated and chassis-ed with local CK plates and none of the owners wanted to properly transfer the vehicles if they were sold.......
and him, being a law abiding person does not want to venture into such a unlawful acts

so by now he would have logged in (he a lurker) and read this ched cuz i told him to........

so info is greatly appreciated

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » September 4th, 2009, 10:30 am

*KRONIK*,what type of evo he is lookin for? also, this is the reason why i got a gsr. i lookied high and low for a legal evo 1-3, couldnt get one so i decided to start with the gsr since that one was legit.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2009, 10:39 am

Death-Row, he lookin for a 4-6.....

he trying to maintain a price range as well.......

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2009, 10:39 am

i am also finding out for myself as i may look to buy an evo 2-3 when my car sells.....
so the info is good........

MIVEC95
Sweet on this forum

Postby MIVEC95 » September 4th, 2009, 10:05 pm

and now everybody with CK evo's will get caught cause alyuh post everything here , and btw it have plenty lancers that came 4wd that ppl convert to evo , i have a good friend with a lancer and he cut his flooring in the back and welded back the rear end , its not impossible to do once u can get a complete rear end

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2009, 10:12 pm

MIVEC95, and im not disputing any of that......

the conversion on a 4wd Ck (CMxA) is actually a brilliant way to do a evo conversion

i, am interested in finding out why ppl sellin evos that cant transfer legally??
beacuse they have CK firewalls.......

im not really up to this game of referring any anyone's vehicle......
cuz that wasnt the purpose of this thread

i just want to weigh out the options of owning such a vehicle and the possible problems it could face in the future if i need to get it off my hands.......
and with the law

incase i decide i want an evo.....if not now...but sometime later on in life......

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2009, 10:13 pm

MIVEC95 wrote:........... and he cut his flooring in the back and welded back the rear end , its not impossible to do once u can get a complete rear end

and yet most ppl find it easier to switch a firewall........

isnt it much cheaper??

MIVEC95
Sweet on this forum

Postby MIVEC95 » September 4th, 2009, 10:16 pm

not really , by d time u buy the vehicle n ting to transfer das 12-15 gran , a rear end is about 6-8 gran , and u know u safe

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » September 5th, 2009, 6:08 am

MIVEC95 wrote:and now everybody with CK evo's will get caught cause alyuh post everything here , and btw it have plenty lancers that came 4wd that ppl convert to evo, i have a good friend with a lancer and he cut his flooring in the back and welded back the rear end , its not impossible to do once u can get a complete rear end

4wd that ppl convert to evo... Yup... Doing one myself right now.
everybody with CK evo's will get caught cause alyuh post everything here...DAMN GOOD :!:...Read what I said about Insurance.

Yuh think I want anybody to bounce my car... or even worse, to hurt or even KILL my wife and family with a bogus Evo because he is a CHEAP azzh0le :?:
Sanctifier wrote:He better hope that I don't survive either, because I swear that HE won't...at least, not for long after... 'Nuff said!

Most "FWD-to-Evo conversions" not worth ah cold pint-of-pi$$. Who don't have BRAKES to go with the extra power... have fabrication & welding done that not even good for a coffin... No chassis reinforcement... No stitch welding... No Nothing!
Sanctifier wrote:4WD Lancer conversions...or WELL ENGINEERED fwd-to-4wd conversions = PERFECT!

ALL cheap "Fred-in-de-shed" sh!t = DESTROY the car...and suspend their Driving Licenses for THREE years too!

We blow plenty HOT AIR against Street Racing... but still want to allow 150 mph COFFINS on the road. :roll:
IMHO ALL conversions/modifications should be CERTIFIED with an Engineering Certificate... just like in UK.

My $0.02¢

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » September 5th, 2009, 8:57 pm

ROFL @ this topic..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 5th, 2009, 10:01 pm

southside crew wrote:ROFL @ this topic..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why??

what so funny about it??

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » September 5th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Nun.. sorry...

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » September 7th, 2009, 8:58 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
southside crew wrote:ROFL @ this topic..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why??

what so funny about it??

well he driving a evo i guessing

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » September 7th, 2009, 11:53 am

wait, it have 2 kronik? :lol:

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 7th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Death-Row wrote:wait, it have 2 kronik? :lol:

u now figure that out???

Kronik
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Tech posts: 746

and

*KRONIK*
Shifting into 6th

Tech posts: 1979

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » September 7th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Thank god nobody know the difference bettween a VR-4 an VR-G chasis #

:roll: :roll: :roll:

well i sure you mitsu fellas know

i saw a original VR4 Galant rolling with a VRG Galant plates

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 7th, 2009, 6:47 pm

hmmmm.........

Tuner Imports
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Tuner Imports » September 8th, 2009, 9:42 am

MIVEC95 wrote:not really , by d time u buy the vehicle n ting to transfer das 12-15 gran , a rear end is about 6-8 gran , and u know u safe

Got myself a 4wd CB Lancer and its going to cost me more than 18K to get a front cut alone and 10K for drivetrain and rear end. I'm reconsidering my options... :? Its going to be alot more than i had originally planned for... :shock:

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » September 8th, 2009, 11:09 am

Tuner Imports wrote:Got myself a 4wd CB Lancer and its going to cost me more than 18K to get a front cut alone and 10K for drivetrain and rear end. I'm reconsidering my options... :? Its going to be alot more than i had originally planned for... :shock:

Yup...These days parts VERY scarce locally. Sometimes cheaper to buy a "beater" Evo and fix that.
My '96 4wd GSR-to-Evo 6 TME clone will cost more than an older E6 "beater" too... but it works for me...
because upgraded handling and performance will be MILES better than a brand new Evo 6 TME or Evo 9 GT. 8-)

Luck of the draw. If you import cheaper used parts, in good condition (eBay) then it's still worth it.

My $0.02¢

speedfreak44
Riding on 16's

Postby speedfreak44 » September 20th, 2009, 3:39 pm

i have seen some libero wagons with 4wd set ups and evo engines... what are these?????

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » September 20th, 2009, 3:52 pm

Some libero were brought down AWD with the 4G93 engine. Its a drop in conversion with the 4G93T and 4G63T alike.

God Bless the Black Top*
Riding on 17's

Postby God Bless the Black Top* » October 9th, 2009, 4:09 pm

i got one fully legal - if anybody wants to bribe it off of me, ha ha

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”