TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Toyota Aqua modification and build.

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Damion Bacchus
Riding on 13's

Toyota Aqua modification and build.

Postby Damion Bacchus » August 16th, 2019, 10:54 am

:shock: I would like to make my aqua not drive like a prius, I want to make it a little bit more performance oriented, i want to increase handling and stopping distance. I have a few things and ideas I want to do and it will be a monthly upgrade schedule (parts or sections of upgrade can be done/bought once a month). This is my first time in car modifications, I would be going to the mechanic or welder for certain tedious or sensitive work like lsd install, making of exhaust headers e.t.c. what i can do for myself like vinyl wrap the inside i will do for myself. I want this car done as much as my way as I can get with advice from professionals or experienced mechanics. I also want suggestions of shops and mechanics and stuff to help with the things I want below:
*Upgrade both rear brakes from drum brakes to disc brakes, probably from powerstop. Upgrade front brakes, and brake lines.
*Wide low profile quality wheels and tires
*Tien coilover install, lower car by 1 and half inch and increase comfort.
*Seemless Fender flares for accomodating wider wheels bigger brakes and looks.
*Create, route and install exhaust headers, bought (catalytic converter, resonator and muffler) along with 3/ or 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipes
*Custom individual e-throttle body with filter on each. I need good welder suggestions.
*Lsd install on front.
*4 bucket seats for the inside, two upfront, two at the back with an empty space in between for bt speaker.
*Strip the insides of all, carpets, plastics and filler material, then fill holes with fibreglass and vinyl wrap the entire interior. Intall custom rubber mats. Idk if i want custom dashbord or just vinyl wrap that too.
*Tuning 130min-200hpmax @38mpg
*Fibreglass door(all) replacements and hood
*Fibreglass front splitter, bottom cover and rear diffuser.
*proper 3" stainless roll cage welded to subframe and electrials routed inside the roll cage.

Would a price range be called as well for each process or total including labour.

Optional for fun and maybe car shows:) sumped up prius....
*Dry sump
*Lowering engine after installing smaller oil pan on engine because of dry sump.
*Run dry sump oil tank in between two rear recaro seats space available there.

If you know anyone good at these things let me know.
Any other suggestions? Things to consider?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: Toyota Aqua modification and build.

Postby kamakazi » August 16th, 2019, 12:31 pm

1. I'm glad you removed the "tad bit more efficient" from your original post. Performance and efficiency are for the most part mutually exclusive or sacrifices have to be made in one area to gain in the other.

2. What is your goal (race car/street rod/OEM plus/just want to have fun with vehicle)...cause without it you are just modifying for modifying sake and while that can be a goal it will have no end. But everyone wants to be unique or add their own personal touch for their vehicle.

3. Balance. If you still insist on modifying, understand that you will upset the balance of your vehicle and potentially make the car more hazardous to drive. especially if it is your first time modifying a vehicle and you don't understand how any of the systems in your vehicle work

4. My intention.....is to dissuade you from ill-advised mods. I'm an OEM plus kinda guy after coming to the realisation that certain mods just don't work or upset the balance and or built-in safeties.

So where do you fall...(race car/street rod/OEM plus, modding for fun)

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » August 17th, 2019, 10:35 am

I can understand your ambition.

The Toyota Prius/Corolla Axio/Fielder/Aqua were designed/intentioned to be economy cars. Even the 1NZ engine from previous Corolla use have been tuned for economy rather than performance.
Look at even the top model, the GS. It has all the cosmetics of a performance car, but carries the same drivetrain as the model with manual rear-windows.

Taking into consideration the country we live in, getting performance parts for these vehicles would be a challenge as well as costly.
In the end, if you want my humble advice:
1. Buy a Tesla.....Hypercar performance.
2. If affordability is your issue, then go for a STOCK High performance gasoline car..............because the amount of money and time in the Bamboo traffic you are going to spend in modifying that Aqua can buy plenty gas for a ICE vehicle.

Peace.
RR.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » August 18th, 2019, 6:44 pm

thanks for the laugh OP

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 18th, 2019, 9:51 pm

What?!?.. it's a Prius... Op u a troll??
Price and effort to do all that, better to buy a swift or civic and have some actual fun.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 9th, 2019, 2:17 pm

following cuz im legit interested in this

having been hybrid trained and owning and interacting with these Aqua/Fielder/Axio daily, i think OP can get this, BUT with an insane budget for both time and money . . . also a lot of DIY work

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 9th, 2019, 2:21 pm

ramishrrr wrote:I can understand your ambition.

The Toyota Prius/Corolla Axio/Fielder/Aqua were designed/intentioned to be economy cars. Even the 1NZ engine from previous Corolla use have been tuned for economy rather than performance.
Look at even the top model, the GS. It has all the cosmetics of a performance car, but carries the same drivetrain as the model with manual rear-windows.

Taking into consideration the country we live in, getting performance parts for these vehicles would be a challenge as well as costly.
In the end, if you want my humble advice:
1. Buy a Tesla.....Hypercar performance.
2. If affordability is your issue, then go for a STOCK High performance gasoline car..............because the amount of money and time in the Bamboo traffic you are going to spend in modifying that Aqua can buy plenty gas for a ICE vehicle.

Peace.
RR.

also consider every word of this to be truths
you can do it but better realize what u in for in advance than 1/2 way through

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”