TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TOYOTA COROLLA AIR CONDITIONING ISSUES

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA AIR CONDITIONING ISSUES

Postby pugboy » June 19th, 2018, 10:26 am

There must be some reason why these solenoid based compressors don't last compared to older type.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » June 25th, 2018, 9:08 pm

The evaporator on Tiidas (local) starts leaking early. We replaced ours at 25,000 orig. kms.
Peace.
RR

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » September 6th, 2018, 12:18 pm

trinimark wrote:Since no one answered my question I went ahead and took the chance and got the compressor pictured above and it worked out great. It's a direct bolt on, the only modification needed was to heat the clamp on one of the lines and turn it around plus slightly straighten out the same line a bit. Although the pulley is bigger the same belt works on it thanks to the wide range of adjustment available. It looks like a factory installation and that's what I was hoping for. I'm enjoying constant cool breeze again.

During my research however, I came across a possible cause for the premature failure of the solenoid valve. The original one fails after about 8 years due to normal wear and tear, but the replacement valve could be failing too quickly because of the lubricant our local a.c. technicians are using whenever they do a repair. These new compressors use polyalkylene glycol (pag) based lubricant, whereas our techs are still using polyolester (poe) based lubes. Both are miscible with r134a refrigerant but the two oils themselves don't mix with each other. When they come into contact with each other paraffin wax forms and that is capable of fouling the solenoid valve. I'm no a.c. tech, nor am I a chemist, that's just what I came across while reading.

hello can u let us know what compressor u bought - assuming u bought it online & shipped it in yourself ?

i am going thru same ac compressor issues with my 141 fielder & to me rather than go pay for some old used over priced f/used compressor that may conk out after a while i rather buy something brand new

in case anybody wondering about d part no for compressor its ... 88310-52551

ryandtrini
Street 2NR

Postby ryandtrini » September 8th, 2018, 11:29 am

- Rovin's car audio - wrote:
trinimark wrote:Since no one answered my question I went ahead and took the chance and got the compressor pictured above and it worked out great. It's a direct bolt on, the only modification needed was to heat the clamp on one of the lines and turn it around plus slightly straighten out the same line a bit. Although the pulley is bigger the same belt works on it thanks to the wide range of adjustment available. It looks like a factory installation and that's what I was hoping for. I'm enjoying constant cool breeze again.

During my research however, I came across a possible cause for the premature failure of the solenoid valve. The original one fails after about 8 years due to normal wear and tear, but the replacement valve could be failing too quickly because of the lubricant our local a.c. technicians are using whenever they do a repair. These new compressors use polyalkylene glycol (pag) based lubricant, whereas our techs are still using polyolester (poe) based lubes. Both are miscible with r134a refrigerant but the two oils themselves don't mix with each other. When they come into contact with each other paraffin wax forms and that is capable of fouling the solenoid valve. I'm no a.c. tech, nor am I a chemist, that's just what I came across while reading.

hello can u let us know what compressor u bought - assuming u bought it online & shipped it in yourself ?

i am going thru same ac compressor issues with my 141 fielder & to me rather than go pay for some old used over priced f/used compressor that may conk out after a while i rather buy something brand new

I modified and using the NZ121 compressor (bottleneck) and it works fine. Using it for over a year now, no issues. I think you can get this brand new locally. Maraj AC in San Juan.

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » September 12th, 2018, 12:06 pm

ryandtrini wrote:

I modified and using the NZ121 compressor (bottleneck) and it works fine. Using it for over a year now, no issues. I think you can get this brand new locally. Maraj AC in San Juan.

much thanks for ur reply ... by chance u have a model number for it ? ... nowadays without a model number its hard to research or buy & i dont want to buy d wrong thing ....

ryandtrini
Street 2NR

Postby ryandtrini » September 12th, 2018, 5:44 pm

ryandtrini wrote:

much thanks for ur reply ... by chance u have a model number for it ? ... nowadays without a model number its hard to research or buy & i dont want to buy d wrong thing ....

That I am not sure of but this tuner also sells the compressor brand new. Give him a shout for further info.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=475387

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 12th, 2018, 11:12 pm

^^^ thanks man , will do

i did some goggling using a VIN no i found on youtube & i think d ac comp part no for NZE121 is 88320-1A481 ...

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » September 13th, 2018, 10:53 am

^^Yup, PN correct. I used my local nze121 VIN and got the above PN as well.

turbodog13
Street 2NR

Postby turbodog13 » October 9th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Dave wrote:Long neck unit is what the local corollas would require

can u tell me which one the nze 141 2009 fielder uses,thanks

turbodog13
Street 2NR

Postby turbodog13 » October 9th, 2018, 6:12 pm

kevan1983 wrote:
toolpusher wrote:I have a Local Corolla NZE-141 PCN GLX
Do anyone know which of these solenoid would work

Short one

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Contro ... ge_o00_s00

Long neck one

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Contro ... dp_summary

If you're willing to forgo the guessing game and would like to purchase the correct and factory certified compatible solenoid valve contact me at 3990153, trust me you'd be a lot better off and would have saved yourself some time and cash.

none of these looks like the one that came out of my fielder compressor ,denso 5SER09C,THE HOLES ARE DIFFERENT

JayB27
Sweet on this forum

Postby JayB27 » January 20th, 2019, 9:51 am

Guys I need to change my compressor . Need some advice on which is better 121 or 141. I have an axio 2010.

Certainreality
Riding on 13's

Postby Certainreality » March 10th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Hi, I have a Toyota Corolla NZE141R and the compressor needs to be replaced can u tell me if the following pic is the same compressor that u brought and would it work on my car
Screenshot_20190310-124606_Chrome.jpg

It's a Denso...thank you

eXamin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby eXamin » August 5th, 2019, 8:04 am

My ac is working but its making a bearing noise, can that be fixed or I need to purchase an new ac compressor?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 5th, 2019, 8:17 am

Most bearings can be replaced.

eXamin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby eXamin » August 5th, 2019, 10:07 am

Ok thank you.

eXamin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby eXamin » August 5th, 2019, 12:53 pm

Is there anyone can recommend to change the bearings on the compressor?

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » August 5th, 2019, 2:47 pm

go by tallman ac in felicity, and he will install a b15 compressor that working rel good. check his page on fb.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » August 5th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Most Auto AC people will tell you that the compressor bearings is not the problem.
It is the actual shaft and not the bearing that gets worn.
Why do you think there is always a heap of old compressors behind the shop ?

Peace.
RR.

bullet
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bullet » March 29th, 2023, 6:33 am

Has anyone have any feedback in terms of changing the solenoid (part#?) and replacing the compressor (not with a nissan)

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » June 11th, 2023, 10:47 am

Good morning guys, my cousin's 2006 fielder (1zz) needs an a/c solenoid, but we are having trouble locating an original unit. Can anyone point us in a direction in getting such?

Unit was replaced about 3 years ago and has gone bad again! The first unit that was replaced is part # 07Y28D

Is there an app/website I can get original parts/part numbers?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 11th, 2023, 11:06 am

Amayama or partsouk you can throw the chassis number in and get it.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”