Forums

Phoenix Gold Bass Cube (Old School) and Audiocontrol Epicenter

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

humble_wise
Riding on 13's

Phoenix Gold Bass Cube (Old School) and Audiocontrol Epicenter

Postby humble_wise » November 8th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Greetings everyone. I have been using the epicenter for several years now and recently tried my friend's old school PG Bass Cube. I am torn between the two. The Bass Cube is a completely different animal from the epi. I find that the epi gives me a lower bass especially with old school dancehall. With the Bass Cube, I don't get the low bass I'm used to with the epi. For example, when I listen to a riddim like the Orgasm Riddim, I hardly get bass when using the Cube whereas the epi hits it low and deep. I know they are two completely different products but I sure would love to get more lows for these kind of music from the Cube.
Apart from that the Cube is amazing.
Any suggestions/recommendations?
Thanks!

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Phoenix Gold Bass Cube (Old School) and Audiocontrol Epicenter

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:45 am

There is a mindset in the audio community that old school equipment supposed to be better.
I have no idea why.

It's true when you comparing certain vintage high end equipment to modern crappy mass produced equipment

But Audio Control puts a lot of R&D into their products, Your old PG is also good, but it cannot compare to modern technology.
(For example, Imagine if men used to rate up old Core2Duo processors instead of i7)

Maybe get the PG Bass cube v2.0 if you want.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”