Forums

Mechman alternators !! please read

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Mechman alternators !! please read

Postby Ted_v2 » September 17th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Bottom line. Ting eh make for daily. So why work it so?

Noyztoyz told you that and you disregard it? Or he failed to do so.

Proaudio
Riding on 13's

Postby Proaudio » September 17th, 2014, 1:24 pm

he never told me is not for daily use , but i dont use the vehicle anyway, only to go car show. and 0amps at idle mathew said,, and when eesa tested it @ idle he was getting a figure of 100amps. so was it the 370 that they switched it too? hmmmm.
everytime i got back the alternator it looked different. i fed up fix it.

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » September 17th, 2014, 1:26 pm

sounds like u went through alot Proaudio. learn from the bad experience and move on now man. but thanks for highlighting your situation

Proaudio
Riding on 13's

Postby Proaudio » September 17th, 2014, 1:42 pm

yeah, i can only get burned once, thats the saying.
Seriously, would i buy an alternator if i know it have so much trouble. obviously not, no one would. so thats the thing when he said it had limitations and cant run for over 5 mins. who in the right head will want an alternator that cant run more than 5 mins, well yes...

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » September 17th, 2014, 1:47 pm

its a terrible feeling to be spending large amounts of money behind stuff that comes with poor support and misinformation from sellers who are just looking to offload stock and take the most possible out of your wallet. its actually common in Trinidad, we have alot of 'smart men' sellers. sad reality

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 17th, 2014, 1:50 pm

But its up to the customer to make sure what they buying. Next time do your own research.

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » September 17th, 2014, 1:55 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:But its up to the customer to make sure what they buying. Next time do your own research.

So it's ok for dealers to spew misinformation since it is up the consumer to become an equipment expert before making any purchase?

While some prior information collection is wise and needed, dealers are charged with much more than product distribution. It's time we start holding them accountable.

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » September 17th, 2014, 2:16 pm

most places here if you go to make a purchase and aren't sure about the choice to make, most likely they would ask you how much you have to spend and then try to get something that would use all the budget or maximise their profit. little care is given to your application as thats usually secondary for them and in the event of concern being raised of that, they usually can refer you to an expert who can 'make it work' or pacify you by letting you know that 'rel men out here doing that so ino'

i am well acquainted with an owner of a very popular music store. he said an installer finally take his good advice to tune a system and now its superb. his exact words were

" i always does tell the man, less drive and more frequency, he never used to listen"

wtf is that supposed to mean?

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » September 17th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Lance wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:But its up to the customer to make sure what they buying. Next time do your own research.

So it's ok for dealers to spew misinformation since it is up the consumer to become an equipment expert before making any purchase?

While some prior information collection is wise and needed, dealers are charged with much more than product distribution. It's time we start holding them accountable.

I think he just meant to educate your self a bit before a purchase. If opie had done this, he would have probably realised that the seller didn't really know about the product he was selling And most likely would not have bought it.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 17th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Basically. Just a quick min on google and I saw the 400amp model was made for SPL and put out almost 0amps at idle and can't work for more than 5 mins constant

d original sound boy
Ricer

Postby d original sound boy » September 17th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Mechchinaman alternators bahahahahaha

xeon
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby xeon » September 17th, 2014, 8:39 pm

I heard from a few ppl before that when they go to purchase products from dealers they are forced to go by the recommended installers in order to get warranty. These said installers then charge you exorbitantly, are these installers qualified? Is it fair to the consumer? I know of a few US companies who give 1yr warranty on their products if installed by you or 3yrs+ if installed by the dealer, this i am ok with. But locally the dealers send you by someone that the company doesnt recognize, isnt this the same as installing yourself?

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 17th, 2014, 8:42 pm

^^Normally a padna or relative. Money stays close.

Proaudio
Riding on 13's

Postby Proaudio » September 17th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Sorry to tell you, matthew didn't copy you on the rest of the emails, because they got too much complaints in trinidad from you. So guess what. the mechman alternators burns down often was the complaints they received and the alternator failing often, all models . very often.
Lucky i have moved on, no more fire works again. Thank GOD.
Attachments
IMG_32551.jpg

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » September 18th, 2014, 2:49 pm

I knew this scenario sounded familiar :|
Attachments
image.jpg

Keven Fraser
Riding on 13's

Postby Keven Fraser » September 18th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Lmao hahaha he backed up the wrong tree. Can't frame nobaday! Bump!

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 18th, 2014, 4:45 pm

*Barked up

:|

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » September 18th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Well yes! This was one helluva read!

Just to throw in my 2c.. I purchased the 270A Mechman alt and did the install myself, I have zero confidence in almost all local installers / mechanics / electricians etc, very few actually impress me.. (The install work might have costed me about $100 max in parts, alt did not match up and bracket work was required.) I then carried it by the dealer recommended installer to have the installation inspected so that I could gain warranty on the unit. This was a private arrangement made between me and the dealer, Eesa.

This was done approx one year ago and I have had no issues with the alternator to date. It is installed in a daily driven off road vehicle, it gets subjected to some harsh environments and I have an electric winch which can draw up to ~435A of current when under heavy load. I also have had up to ~4000Wrms systems installed in the vehicle, but I barely ever ran those systems full tilt for more than 1 or 2 songs..

At this point, I can't complain about my Mechman purchase and would still recommend the brand. Of course, I did research the brand before making my purchase. Always do your homework before buying ANYTHING, you would be amazed at the things people will say when they think you do know...

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » September 18th, 2014, 10:20 pm

I have i think the 340 or 370 can't remember installed in an AD wagon,installed about 5month ago.
My last system was approx 6000RMS, i have the external regulator but did no use it much to carry up the voltage.
My battery bank was 6 Alphacell 100ah batteries.
The longest i played full tilt was 45mins and the voltage drop was from 13.5 to 12.8V.
I never got any problems no overheating etc so imo it is a good buy.

What made me go mechman i know a few people who own these alts and they have them years with no problems.
One thing to note you can't want to just upgrade the alternator and have a big system and no battery upgrade also.

ward one
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ward one » September 20th, 2014, 2:14 am

i am a proud owner of a mechman alternator, right now i am using a 370 amp unit (daily drive). i previously had a 270 amp with a external voltage adjuster. i also had a 400 amp unit installed for a couple of months.

i use my car a couple times for the week (no long distances) and to go shows during the period i had the 400 amp installed (was also done by darren) , i had no problems whatsoever with this unit, my system had a current draw of over 1000 amps and with this unit and a sufficient battery bank i never saw under 13.0 volts at full tilt. the only down side of this unit was it put alot of strain on the engine (1500cc).

the 370 unit produces almost the same amount of power as the 400 jus with less strain on the engine.

i too stand by mechman and believe its a great product once used and installed properly.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”