Delete Post!

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Delete Post!

Postby TEAM ADT » February 20th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Delete
Last edited by TEAM ADT on February 12th, 2013, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Two Ten Inch Pioneer TSW-259

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 20th, 2012, 8:09 pm

looking nice,sure it still have to cover (finishing touches) I could vouch for the new pioneers,used 4 10s already but it was built for a hard hitting bass.what power you all using though?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 21st, 2012, 7:31 am

whats so special about this enclosure?

there are no internal bracings or 45 degree corners

i would expect a post like this from a do it yourselfer and not a powerseller who builds boxes for a living

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 21st, 2012, 8:27 am

:popcorn:

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 21st, 2012, 8:41 am

SR wrote:whats so special about this enclosure?

there are no internal bracings or 45 degree corners

please read my initial post thanks, but just in case you missed it-

Welcome to one of Team ADT's build threads.Today we have a very basic enclosure build for a pair of Pioneer subs.I only have pictures of the box being built, as we installed the subs and tested in the night, I din't have the time to take the other pictures.

i would expect a post like this from a do it yourselfer and not a powerseller who builds boxes for a living

Well,the truth is I don't do this for a living, but it can bring in a few needed dollars per month.I've received a couple emails on what a basic enclosure looks like, and what price they go for.The price this one went for was a very small $700, for a 4.5cuft box total enclosure.

Another thing, this is what some builders call "advanced" or "built to specs" ect.This is what we here at Team ADT calls basic . The truth is this is what people know about, this is what the majority of consumers expect when they pay a arm and a leg.I know you've been in this business long enough SR, to see what people pay for and what they actually get and what they believe to be value for their dollar.

This enclosure by another guy may cost $1200+++++ correct?

The purpose of this post is to show our ranges, we can match a small budget, as well as a large one accordingly.This is our most basic possible work at any point, and I'm sure the reason you're asking this question(SR) is because you don't see this kind of work from us.

I hope I answered your questions,
Team ADT

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » February 21st, 2012, 11:29 am

in this day & age where boop boop highbass is d norm in T&T its refreshing & very rare to see somebody actually requesting a 28hz tuned box , my daily use box for over d past yr is tuned 28hz too so im accustomed to that level

box does look big & simple but if thats what d customer wants or can afford well u have to work to suit but at d same time not undersell ur time\labor short

when i used to build boxes as a hobby for ppl not much of them wud want a huge box to loose trunk space or even simple things like 45 degree corners , recessed sides or front\rear panels for a different look , 2 tone carpet , aeroports etc , most was concerned with performance over looks which is more important to them ...

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 22nd, 2012, 11:45 pm

Hello,

Yes I was pleasantly surprised when the owner requested it.It's good to see pioneer subs play well.I'm more of a sealed box guy for my personal listening.I prefer more tonal than boomy bass, high fidelity is more on my personal taste.

Thanks for looking!!!
Team ADT

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » February 23rd, 2012, 12:08 am

I liked this build, simple and nothing to see really but for its underlining value of encouragement.

Could show more people on here to post their build threads,no matter how simple.

ADT, I see you used the gorilla glue, why in this application and not the usual green bottle stuff (forgot name) as its cheaper and theoretically just as effective?

Especially seeing as you used both glue+screw? My understanding of that method was that the glue would act as a sealant+bonding agent and the screw as the main bonding agent.

BTW try and add some installed pics of the enclosures to show an idea of fit etc.

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » February 23rd, 2012, 12:15 am

Do you have the freq response graph from modelling the box? 4.5 cubes for 2 10's seems huge

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » February 23rd, 2012, 2:58 am

kurpal_v2 wrote:I liked this build, simple and nothing to see really but for its underlining value of encouragement.

Could show more people on here to post their build threads,no matter how simple.

ADT, I see you used the gorilla glue, why in this application and not the usual green bottle stuff (forgot name) as its cheaper and theoretically just as effective?

Especially seeing as you used both glue+screw? My understanding of that method was that the glue would act as a sealant+bonding agent and the screw as the main bonding agent.

BTW try and add some installed pics of the enclosures to show an idea of fit etc.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » February 23rd, 2012, 3:22 am

^^ The good stuff

:)

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 23rd, 2012, 6:12 am

Hello,

Thanks for the complements krupal.

Well to be quite honest, I've been trying different glues in recent times, and this is what I've found thus far-

Liquid Nails - The hands down strongest, very thick and a bit messy though
CLPM Aliphatic resin - Second strongest on my list, close to the liquid nails, but more liquefied
Gorilla glue- Good stuff, extremely quick setting time, but that's about it
Evo-stik - Good stuff, was actually the backbone of my previous enclosures for a while

Price vs performance, the CLPM's is the best.For competition based enclosures, liquid nails and general building, I prefer the evo-stik or gorilla. Personally I think the gorilla is over priced though at $55 a small bottle.I like to try different things with building, they usually lead to finding a better method along the way.It's really a personal preference though.

As for the actual securing, we have a couple methods we use.We have nails and clamp, screw and compression, combination of screw and nails thus far seem to be the strongest methods thus far.Don't worry, your understanding is correct.

Do you have the freq response graph from modelling the box? 4.5 cubes for 2 10's seems huge

It does seem huge, but that the total volume inclusive of port and speaker displacement.Each speaker actually has 1.6cuft to work with.The port area to volume is a bit larger than what it actually seems.As for your response graph, I had one when I was designing the enclosure, but I deleted the design as I was finished building.These things have a tendency to build up quickly from just one to as much as a couple hundred in a very short period of time.

What I can try to do is RTA the vehicle and post a video of the response using a test tone from 100hz to 20hz.

Thanks for your questions,
Team ADT

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » February 23rd, 2012, 10:57 am

i myself have tried a few glues that bhags sell & d yellow CLPM is my fav too , evostik is good but i hate d type of nozzle d glue comes with since u have to be squeezing d life of of d bottle for d glue to come out so when i use that glue i have a different more free flowing nozzle tip for it

to me d CLPM glue runs\leak less than d evostik too

have use d dunlop wood glue as well , its similar to evostik

always seeing d gorilla glue on d shelf next to others but d $50+ price vs $30-35 for d others made me not try it as yet ....

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 23rd, 2012, 11:52 am

Hello,

The gorilla worked good, great nozzle though.It has a rectangular flat opening about 1/2" by 1/16" which pops up to give you the flow.An advantage though, the gorilla glue is fully waterproof when dried, but can be cleaned up with water when wet.

Rovin, what I used to do, was pop the red nozzle head off, then cut the little "spreader", which resulted in a free flow with evo-stik.

Thanks,
Team ADT

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » February 23rd, 2012, 12:18 pm

hey u gave away a trade secret there , thats exactly what i did with mine & i also kept a original cap to cover it back up when im done working ... :wink:

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 23rd, 2012, 12:22 pm

Hello,

Oops, ok the secret is out lol.kurpal, now you know, I have to kill you.

Thanks
Team ADT

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » February 23rd, 2012, 12:46 pm

TEAM ADT wrote:Hello,

Oops, ok the secret is out lol.kurpal, now you know, I have to kill you.

Thanks
Team ADT

:lol: :lol:

I keep the evo-stick for general purpose but I dont like it, Its a bit too "runny" for my liking.

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 23rd, 2012, 1:22 pm

Hello,

Well yes, that why I now prefer the CLPM's, not as think as evo-stik , not as thick as liquid nails, but right in between them in both viscosity and strength, a more or less great compromise.

Thanks
Team ADT

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » February 23rd, 2012, 2:40 pm

I only use Liquid Nails, never experimented with others. I don't mind the mess, function before form. Keep in mind that there are different types of Liquid Nails adhesives as well. Although the tube is big and I may not use all, I cap it off with some tape to use the remainder later.

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 23rd, 2012, 6:25 pm

Hello,

With regards to Liquid Nails, I use the poly-urethane.The normal construction grade is ok also.

Thanks,
Team ADT

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » February 23rd, 2012, 9:30 pm

I personally like the dunlop high viscosity wood glue.. It stays where you put it and holds strong enough..

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » February 24th, 2012, 10:09 pm

3stagevtec wrote:I personally like the dunlop high viscosity wood glue.. It stays where you put it and holds strong enough..

X2 for the dunlop.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » February 25th, 2012, 8:15 pm

Aliphatic resin for me. Allows me to clean up any mess easily with a damp or wet cloth. Also, it's create for reducing splintered edges (if you're building with ply) and sealing the wood in preparation for painting too - just thin it down a bit, then paint it on the wood like you would a primer.

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 26th, 2012, 10:48 am

Hello,

Well the CLPM's is Aliphatic resin, but I did not know it could be used as a wood sealer for painting, well we all learn new things every day.

Thanks,
Team ADT

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » February 26th, 2012, 1:33 pm

never knew so much tough went into glue selection for when building the enclosure. I guess its true, learnt something. nice thread Team adt

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » February 26th, 2012, 2:05 pm

4 things i dont like liquid nails for

1 - messy to work with , dont let that sh1t get on ur hands or is hell to get it off

2 - clogs sand paper so when it dries over night b4 u sand i advise to scrape off d excess with a putty knife or scrapper because it will guaranty clog up ur sandpaper

3 - since it comes in those tubes u have to use a caulking gun which is a lil more effort than a normal squeeze bottle of regular glue

4 - its not water based so not easy to clean up mess & leaks

in spite of all that u cant beat in strength though

i once tried to remove a piece of mdf glued with liquid nails & not even a scissors jack pushing it wud break d bond , d mdf bend until it busted up but nothing happen with d joint itself ...

TEAM ADT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TEAM ADT » February 26th, 2012, 3:56 pm

Black Start wrote:never knew so much tough went into glue selection for when building the enclosure. I guess its true, learnt something. nice thread Team adt

Hello,

Yes, alot of actual thought goes into each and every enclosure accordingly.Thanks for the complements too.

Yea boy Rovin, I agree , but when it's ultimate strength you're after, it doesn't get much better than liquid nails

Thanks,
Team ADT

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 26th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Good stuff

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”