Forums

subwoofer problem ??

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SaW
Street 2NR

subwoofer problem ??

Postby SaW » February 7th, 2012, 8:19 pm

ok well i have got 3 10inch pioneer in a single cab frontier, it fits behind the seat, the pioneers is the normal one not the shallow mount.Problem!!! one of my pioneer 10 inch burnt and my install did about ah month now, i asked my friend wats the cause for it to burn he told me dat my enclosure for the normal 10inch to small and the coil is lacking cooling yuh think dat could be the problem ??

amplifier i using to push the 3 10 inch is a lanzar 4000 watts max mono block 1 ohm stable

the pioneer is single 4 ohm's so wen wire the 3 10 inch i com down to 1.33 ohms i had the amp gain 1/4 from the bass remote and 3/4 on the amp

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: subwoofer problem ??

Postby nervewrecker » February 7th, 2012, 8:46 pm

SaW wrote:ok well i have got 3 10inch pioneer in a single cab frontier, it fits behind the seat, the pioneers is the normal one not the shallow mount.Problem!!! one of my pioneer 10 inch burnt and my install did about ah month now, i asked my friend wats the cause for it to burn he told me dat my enclosure for the normal 10inch to small and the coil is lacking cooling yuh think dat could be the problem ??

amplifier i using to push the 3 10 inch is a lanzar 4000 watts max mono block 1 ohm stable

the pioneer is single 4 ohm's so wen wire the 3 10 inch i com down to 1.33 ohms i had the amp gain 1/4 from the bass remote and 3/4 on the amp

noyztoyz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby noyztoyz » February 8th, 2012, 12:10 am

centre of the subs does get hot when u playing it?

SaW
Street 2NR

Postby SaW » February 8th, 2012, 8:06 am

i never bother to check dat becuz it waz behind the seat

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 8th, 2012, 8:16 am

whats the line drive on the last piece of equip before the amp?

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » February 8th, 2012, 10:35 am

what kind of deck & processing u using , why is ur amp gain at 3\4 ....

SaW
Street 2NR

Postby SaW » February 8th, 2012, 10:43 am

on the amp i put the gain @ 3/4 and the bass remote that the amp come with i gain it a little less and a 1/4 becuz wen i gain it down yuh ent gettin no bass the sub use to hardly shake becuz i knw it hav to break in. The processing is a JVC mp3 deck and pwm 20 power acoustic preamp

SaW
Street 2NR

Postby SaW » February 8th, 2012, 10:48 am

the enclosure space wont cause it to burn den ??

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » February 8th, 2012, 11:08 am

sicne no crossover i wud think ur using d amp's built on crossover - how it is set ?

not really familiar with that amp but 3\4 gain is really odd unless d amp needs a strong signal input ? which is highly unlike since u have a preamp in front which supposed to be a strong enough line drive signal

why set d amp gain on 3\4 & remote gain on 1\4 though

i suspect since u already said enclosure is too small u turned up d gain (too high) hoping to get some performance out of it which resulted in distortion which is what really roasted d sub ....

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » February 8th, 2012, 11:18 am

3/4 on the bass amp gain? Lower that eh.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 8th, 2012, 11:26 am

The problem is the pwm20, the sub output from that is very weak, if the deck has a sub out try bypassing the pre and you'll see a big difference, you also need to drop the gain on the amp, the bass remote is basically a bass boost at a certain frequency.

Which model pioneer? Some use a new air suspension and the older one a regular spider design, i also suspect that your enclosure is of the wrong dimensions. Post the internal volume of the sub or the dimensions.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 8th, 2012, 12:01 pm

nope, some remotes adjust gain, some adjust bass boost at a preset frequency & some adjust the output.

i'd say box too small & clipped signal is the problem.

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » February 8th, 2012, 12:09 pm

nervewrecker wrote:nope, some remotes adjust gain, some adjust bass boost at a preset frequency & some adjust the output.

X2

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 8th, 2012, 12:26 pm

nervewrecker wrote:nope, some remotes adjust gain, some adjust bass boost at a preset frequency & some adjust the output.

lanzar :wink:

SaW
Street 2NR

Postby SaW » February 8th, 2012, 2:32 pm

well the box dimension is small the bottom dept is 7 1/2 inch, top dept is 4 inch , the width of the box is 48 inch which each chamber is 17 inch for 1 10inch . The pioneer is the new model champion series i not fixing it back doh i wanna buy a next one but i was wondering if the same problem will occur ??

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » February 9th, 2012, 1:44 am

^^^^ the same problem WILL occur if you leave the amp gain at 3/4.

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » February 9th, 2012, 2:14 am

Is the box sealed or ported?

SaW
Street 2NR

Postby SaW » February 9th, 2012, 8:47 pm

ported with 3 inch round port

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » February 9th, 2012, 8:57 pm

If it is possible can you give some more details on the box?
Full dimensions
Each chamber separated
port length
Material used in construction thickness.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 9th, 2012, 9:42 pm

From your box description so far, that sounds like the problem. And well that sheiddy pre.

Gurudeo
Riding on 13's

Postby Gurudeo » February 12th, 2012, 2:23 pm

If you dont have a capacitor in the system - then your current might be lagging when you turn up the volume - if this happens then you would get clipping taking place - which results in overheating - then burning . Also if you are playing your system too loud - where saturation occurs - resulting in distorsion - overheating occurs again . If your amplifier is damaged - it could be sending dc signal voltage to the speaker - burning it . Check and make sure your voltage is not dropping below 13 volts dc when system is playing loud .

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 12th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Gurudeo wrote:If you dont have a capacitor in the system - then your current might be lagging when you turn up the volume - if this happens then you would get clipping taking place - which results in overheating - then burning . Also if you are playing your system too loud - where saturation occurs - resulting in distorsion - overheating occurs again . If your amplifier is damaged - it could be sending dc signal voltage to the speaker - burning it . Check and make sure your voltage is not dropping below 13 volts dc when system is playing loud .

dude, gtfo.

rollingstock, I stand corrected. :fadein:

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » February 12th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Gurudeo wrote:If you dont have a capacitor in the system - then your current might be lagging when you turn up the volume - if this happens then you would get clipping taking place - which results in overheating - then burning . Also if you are playing your system too loud - where saturation occurs - resulting in distorsion - overheating occurs again . If your amplifier is damaged - it could be sending dc signal voltage to the speaker - burning it . Check and make sure your voltage is not dropping below 13 volts dc when system is playing loud .

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have a voltmeter and I monitor it when playing my music loudly. My volts drop below 13 at times when my monoblock calls for power. The result is a sweet deep baseline. No capacitor in my system and no burning or clipping.
Apparently you feel people here drop from a breadfruit tree, together with not helping the OP in his original post.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » February 13th, 2012, 12:04 am

huh?!?

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » February 13th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Your gain is not a volume knob, it can be at 3/4 and be fine. It has to be matched to the output. If the sub is "burnt", too much power, or a clipped signal was being input. Sounds like the OP needs some professional help.

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » February 13th, 2012, 5:16 pm

i agree with gurudeo ..

voltage drop means a rise in current pull .... inverse relationship...
the cap just adda a temporary boost and sorta "helps" the current flow which works in addition to the big 3 and a bigger amp alt.

OP which sub burnt in the 3 sub array? was it an end or middle? was the wires going to all subs the same length ?
overpower cannot burn the sub .... either it was in too small of a box and moving excessively or being fed clipped signals that burned the coil

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”