TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Flip Up Motorized Deck, Starting Car - Help??

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

yudhistre
Street 2NR

Flip Up Motorized Deck, Starting Car - Help??

Postby yudhistre » November 5th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Yeah, I just bought a 7 Inch Single DIN, Motorized Flip Up Screen Car deck and 2 things I noticed.

1) The deck remembers the screen position before turning off, hence if screen is up and ignition is turned off, the deck goes back inside (good thing).

2) The problem lies when I try to start the car again, the deck would start to come out (because I turned the key from off to on, but not started the car as yet) and as it is coming out and I start the car, the screen retracts and comes out again once the car started...

Is this common? and How to Fix this? a Capacitor maybe?

Thanks

_Rajiv_
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Flip Up Motorized Deck, Starting Car - Help??

Postby _Rajiv_ » November 5th, 2011, 7:29 pm

whats the model of the deck?

Probably its a setting in the deck

yudhistre
Street 2NR

Postby yudhistre » November 5th, 2011, 7:43 pm

I really don't think it has to do with model or setting. If it helps its a Power Acoustik PTID-8920BT.. I believe when you start any car, the deck temporarily looses power (the acc line) and causes the deck to turn off and on again.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 5th, 2011, 8:07 pm

correct
no problem there with the deck

yudhistre
Street 2NR

Postby yudhistre » November 5th, 2011, 9:44 pm

So what to do then?

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » November 5th, 2011, 10:08 pm

You answer the question there yourself OP. As with any deck, even the stock deck, once it is powered to the ignition, it will come on when the car is turned on and temporarily come off when being started and comes back on after the car has started. There is no problem. Thats how all decks function, unless you run the power directly to the battery and you have to manually turn on and turn off the deck everytime.

yudhistre
Street 2NR

Postby yudhistre » November 5th, 2011, 10:14 pm

You are absolutely correct... and I know the situation......

But I am looking for a fix... Maybe a Capacitor with the right about of Capacitance that can aid the temporary of/on state when starting???

Has anyone done this with a car deck?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 5th, 2011, 10:16 pm

If instead of using the acc wire, it gets powered from a source that is only active when the ignition is in the "ON" position, it should not turn off.

I have my gauges and cigarette lighter (power source to other devices) wired that way. They don't fluctuate when engine is being started. Possibly put a fuse in line with your deck, and see how it goes. I'm already using from a 10A fused source.

yudhistre
Street 2NR

Postby yudhistre » November 5th, 2011, 10:21 pm

wagonrunner wrote:If instead of using the acc wire, it gets powered from a source that is only active when the ignition is in the "ON" position, it should not turn off.

I have my gauges and cigarette lighter (power source to other devices) wired that way. They don't fluctuate when engine is being started. Possibly put a fuse in line with your deck, and see how it goes. I'm already using from a 10A fused source.

I thought the acc wire was "the" wire to use to get power when the ignition key is 'on' .

what other source you speak of? There is already a 10A fuse on the acc line of the deck

Regards

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » November 7th, 2011, 11:34 am

^^ ur key switch will have four, or more positions:
1) Off
2) Acc
3) Ignition
4) Start

Heres how they normally work:

a) In the Acc (Accesories) position, all ur auxiliary equipment gets its power. i.e., deck, cig lighter, etc.
b) When the key is turned from Acc to ignition, the power remains as was on the acc position.
c) When the key is turned from ignition to start, the acc devices, lose power until you release the spring loaded key back to ignition position. The igition devices do not lose power when starting however.

Advantages of using ignition power, to power ur deck is that ur deck will not react from vehicle starting
Disadvantages are that you will have to turn on ur ignition when you want ur deck to play. This means that all ur lights (engine, diagnosis, check) on ur instrument panel will be on, because ur car will be in the ready-for-starting state.

IMHO leave it as is, mine works exactly as urs. Does it bother you that much?

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » November 7th, 2011, 4:23 pm

^^^ and to do that, join the power(red) and accessories(yellow) wires from the deck harness together and join that to the battery/power(red) wire from the car's harness for the deck. the car's harness would be that which your stock/factory made deck is hooked up to.

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » November 7th, 2011, 5:01 pm

BrotherHood wrote:^^^ and to do that, join the power(red) and accessories(yellow) wires from the deck harness together and join that to the battery/power(red) wire from the car's harness for the deck. the car's harness would be that which your stock/factory made deck is hooked up to.

To do what? That is not what my post was about bro.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 7th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Disadvantages are that you will have to turn on ur ignition when you want ur deck to play. This means that all ur lights (engine, diagnosis, check) on ur instrument panel will be on, because ur car will be in the ready-for-starting state.

Unless it's already started. If you interested in being far from the car, with the doors open then a concern.
if you normally use the deck while the engine is running anyway, it won't be.

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » November 7th, 2011, 10:35 pm

For me, I like to listen to my music when I am cleaning, vacuming, wiping down my car, and I dont run the engine when that is going on hence I would not like to keep my ignition lights on when I am cleaning my car cause that does take a while.

Also when I am fixing its and bits on the car (I am a DIY fixer upper), I like a lil music, but not run the car engine when doing so.

I see where ur coming from tho. Its all up to the individual's preference.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » November 8th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Kasey wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:^^^ and to do that, join the power(red) and accessories(yellow) wires from the deck harness together and join that to the battery/power(red) wire from the car's harness for the deck. the car's harness would be that which your stock/factory made deck is hooked up to.

You asked for help. That is the only possible solution to the non-existant problem that you have.

Kasey wrote:I see where ur coming from tho. Its all up to the individual's preference.

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » November 8th, 2011, 4:21 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
Kasey wrote:

You asked for help. That is the only possible solution to the non-existant problem that you have.

Kasey wrote:I see where ur coming from tho. Its all up to the individual's preference.

Amm. Are you speaking to me? Where did I ask for help again?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 8th, 2011, 4:28 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
Kasey wrote:

brotherhood,
you realize that by doing what you say there, you now have to manually turn off the deck everytime?
it will run completely independent of the ignition key.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”