TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Subwoofer recommendation specs for Navara?

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Subwoofer recommendation specs for Navara?

Postby Kasey » November 1st, 2011, 1:19 pm

So I sold my p11 wagon and bought a Navara. Sub box space sucks like hell and I want to know my options without cutting the tray. Anyone have experience with fitments/enclosure dimensions for maximum bass, etc?

Again I say, yes its a Navara.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Subwoofer recommendation specs for Navara?

Postby Gladiator » November 1st, 2011, 1:23 pm

I have a 10" sub in a 0.8 cubic ft, sealed in the space in the middle of the floor area in the back seat. Sub faces upward, fits kinda snug but performs well.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 1st, 2011, 3:24 pm

Jl audio flat sub behind the seat

slight adjustment to rear seat

totally stealth installation

D March Guy
Street 2NR

Postby D March Guy » November 2nd, 2011, 9:00 pm

did one a while ah back with two flat pioneers TS-SW3001S2 each one of the sub was rated single 2ohms which great for doing the system with one amp ............last week he came back to vibes meh and i tested it out since the subs was broken out. It was like.....Woye!!!! the bassline was kickin wicked, really amazing and the seat went up back like nothing was there

you can check out the specs on the sub here

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » November 2nd, 2011, 11:15 pm

Really appreciate the ideas guys. Many thanks. Now I just have to make up my mind how much I want to sacrifice.

Ideally I would have liked a more gallery system, but I know it is not practical in my van cause I do not want to cut the tray, or repalce the backseat with a box. I want to have use of my tray, and at least make my back-seat passengers comfortable with a soft backrest (original).

I can consider putting a pair of flat 12's, but I have to measure the space to see if they will get their specified internal workable volume.

noyztoyz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby noyztoyz » November 3rd, 2011, 10:06 am

Whatever u put behind or to replace that seat rest will never sound close to what u used to get out of your wagon. U gonna miss that wagon now.

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » November 3rd, 2011, 10:17 am

noyztoyz wrote:Whatever u put behind or to replace that seat rest will never sound close to what u used to get out of your wagon. U gonna miss that wagon now.

For real :cry:

TheWiseOne
Trinituner Peong

Postby TheWiseOne » November 3rd, 2011, 10:23 am

we get 2 clarion flat 10" subs to fit behind the seat WITHOUT any alteration to any bracket and we also countersink the sub by 3/4" so the suspension does not touch the back seat.

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » November 3rd, 2011, 11:16 am

noyztoyz wrote:Whatever u put behind or to replace that seat rest will never sound close to what u used to get out of your wagon. U gonna miss that wagon now.

Yea boy Eesa, ah really din wanna go down this road, but family commitments together with work demands, forced me to.

If I had the cash to play with, I would have had the best of both worlds, but unfortunately, thats not the case. But I still wanna pursue my hobby of car (i mean van lol) audio. Dont think I will ever wanna get out of this.

I am playing around with the idea of making an enclosure that will fit exactly on the whole back seat. This will be removable when I have back passengers.

Advantages:
1) I will have a really loud system.
2) Can locate all my amps / processing behind the back seat permantly
3) Still have my back seat when I need it.
4) Will not be out of the game!

Disadvantages:
1) Will constantly have to haul a big box in and out of the van when I am carrying back passengers
2) Have to find some one to get the box in and out of the van
3) Will not have use of the music if I am carrying back passengers
4) If I want to have music at the beach, I cannot carry more than one passenger (shotgun).
5) I wont be able to enter SPL competetion.

noyztoyz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby noyztoyz » November 5th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Put amps behind the seat and get a powerful sub or two and do the back seat boxes. U gonna be severely disappointed if you buy a flat sub im warning you, I know what you used to. Box work to get it to sound right will be a little more tricky than in the wagon so be prepared.
Driving aorund without some thump sucks I know so get started.

InfamousDesignz
Riding on 13's

Postby InfamousDesignz » November 11th, 2011, 12:35 am

or u can build over the bottom rest as a box an put 4 8's. i kno u said u ddnt wana replace the seat with a box but usually when u build over the back rest into a box its usually not that comfortable. because of the dept u will need for the sub an to make it comfortable u will have to add a thick layer of sponge that will bring out the box a lil too much..

if u build over the bottom rest u can put the subs at an angle at the front but in a way that the design of the seat looks original. u will not see the subs at an angle. an u can stil put ur amps behind the bak seat..
i built this enclosure a few times and all of them sounded really loud and also were very comfortable.. an no one knew wher the subs were.. nothing was seen...

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » November 11th, 2011, 4:17 pm

InfamousDesignz wrote:or u can build over the bottom rest as a box an put 4 8's. i kno u said u ddnt wana replace the seat with a box but usually when u build over the back rest into a box its usually not that comfortable. because of the dept u will need for the sub an to make it comfortable u will have to add a thick layer of sponge that will bring out the box a lil too much..

if u build over the bottom rest u can put the subs at an angle at the front but in a way that the design of the seat looks original. u will not see the subs at an angle. an u can stil put ur amps behind the bak seat..
i built this enclosure a few times and all of them sounded really loud and also were very comfortable.. an no one knew wher the subs were.. nothing was seen...

Thanks for the idea. This sounds very interesting. Can you get pics of this install? Also can a demo be arranged? I want to see and hear how this setup responds.
Also I want to feel how comfortable it is. If I like it, you might have urself another customer!!

InfamousDesignz
Riding on 13's

Postby InfamousDesignz » November 13th, 2011, 1:19 pm

it will be hard to get a demo for u sinnce most of the guys who build this box are workin an have family so to get thir free time an urs together will be hard.. but ill fo talk to my upholster an see what tough material he has.. somthing that is comfortable bt does not compress too easily like sponge so wen u sit u dont feel the box.
but i still gona try to get in contact with those guys an see if i cud arrange sumtin

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”