Forums

Cleaner or louder?

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Cleaner or louder?

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 29th, 2011, 12:00 pm

for my general knowledge I would like to know what most of you prefer when it comes to your music,
scenario: I have 2 2ch amplifiers hifonics zxi 1010 and a rockford 700s, the hifonics has more power but to me the rockford plays cleaner,looking to power 2 10's RCF which would you all use, the amp that provides more power for the speakers or the one that plays cleaner and better for listening purposes.? :|

the said amplifiers:

http://www.hifonics.com/Hifonics_Zeus_Amplifiers.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MGWGDLNWuw ... etails-tab

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Cleaner or louder?

Postby zorced » October 29th, 2011, 1:20 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:which would you all use, the amp that provides more power for the speakers or the one that plays cleaner and better for listening purposes.? :|

if i want louder i would use the louder amp if i want cleaner i would use the cleaner amp

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » October 29th, 2011, 1:26 pm

but the amp that plays it louder..can be fine tuned using your processing to get it loud and clean.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 29th, 2011, 3:45 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:for my general knowledge I would like to know what most of you prefer when it comes to your music,
scenario: I have 2 2ch amplifiers hifonics zxi 1010 and a rockford 700s, the hifonics has more power but to me the rockford plays cleaner,looking to power 2 10's RCF which would you all use, the amp that provides more power for the speakers or the one that plays cleaner and better for listening purposes.? :|

the said amplifiers:

http://www.hifonics.com/Hifonics_Zeus_Amplifiers.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MGWGDLNWuw ... etails-tab

elaborate plz.

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » October 29th, 2011, 5:03 pm

If your level settings are correct you should not hear one amp that`s cleaner than the next.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 29th, 2011, 5:45 pm

I was in the shop just testing out the respective amplifiers on one of the speakers,nothing installed in vehicle as yet,therefore no processing equipment was being used at the time of trial.

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » October 29th, 2011, 7:03 pm

imho if u truly enjoy music rather than loud ole noise i wud always pick "d cleaner sounding amp" ...

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 29th, 2011, 7:29 pm

ok guys,when I say "cleaner" I mean a better quality sound out of the rockford. for example at the trial stage,on the deck,all the settings were the same for both amplifiers,I played mostly songs by Buju ,the voice and the "knock" I got from the rockford was totally different to the hifonics, the hifonics gave a more high mid range sound,but then again,I did not alter any settings on either of the amplifiers..

at the same volume level the hifonics was louder..so I would adjust to suit and see what happens..

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 29th, 2011, 9:31 pm

truth be told the RF amps tend to put out a little more than rated & I hope I dont step on any toes in here but I have been hearing the HF amps to not be what they used to.
even though the HF rated at twice the power of the rf how much of a difference you think your ear can hear? Try it with 2 other amps if you think I lie & see for yourself.

reason why I was asking was that I thought was me alone could 'hear' a difference between amps.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 29th, 2011, 10:09 pm

you not alone^^ I'm gonna try 2 other amps tmrw and see how the speakers responds to them,I'd let you know how it goes....but still no one said which they would prefer and why...............

you hear a difference in amps when you know what quality music is and how a good system should sound...imo...

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » October 29th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Too many factors involved to say a direct swap of amps is an ideal way to effectively compare. For example the input sensitivity range could be different in both amps, so if your signal is the same and lets say you carry up the volume to whatever arbitrary level , you may get a clipped signal into one and not another.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 29th, 2011, 11:10 pm

I think both my rf & orion were set up properly but the rf sounds kind of scratchy on the tweets & there is a bit of a spike in the higher frequencies.

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » October 30th, 2011, 12:26 am

all amps are not equal.. some have better crossovers, better parts used, efficiency, sensitivity..etc

by amp swapping with no processing you cannot really pick and choose a cleaner/louder/efficient/better amp.

You might notice a clean, flat sound with one amp, the other might give a deeper, heavy sound..but processing/eq'ing will fix that..if you understand what i mean.

TobagoAK
Trinituner Peong

Postby TobagoAK » October 30th, 2011, 11:26 am

zorced wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:which would you all use, the amp that provides more power for the speakers or the one that plays cleaner and better for listening purposes.? :|

if i want louder i would use the louder amp if i want cleaner i would use the cleaner amp

illest144
Ricer

Postby illest144 » October 30th, 2011, 12:38 pm

i use both hifonics and Rockford.......no complain on the hifonics...clean as it is tuned...jus the rockford does a liltle more power than its rated.....remember rockford input sensitivity is lower than hifonics...as soundstream 626 said u maybe clipping the amp so it distorting...

OffshoreMarketing
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby OffshoreMarketing » October 30th, 2011, 3:56 pm

the cleaner amp
considering you have installed both amps and gotten the most out of them

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 30th, 2011, 7:50 pm

@ videsh- would you apply the same concept with mono blocks, I remember comparing a power acoustic 1800d to an orion hcca 2400d.both were playing a re sx 12..the owner of the PA was 100% sure that the PA drive the sub to its best until I used the HCCA.The quality I got and the deadly low notes the re produced due to the amp was amazing,the owner of the PA never heard lows like that with his amp,as a result he purchased the HCCA,lol.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » October 31st, 2011, 1:27 am

^^^^PA imo is mess dred.

For what you asked, I personally like cleaner music but that's just me.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”