Forums

need some help bad plz!!

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

crackshut
Street 2NR

need some help bad plz!!

Postby crackshut » January 6th, 2011, 11:52 am

here this i have a panel van a pioneer deck,2 amps 1 is ah jbl gto 1400.1 mono block and 1 is ah boss 2000 watt chaos 4 channel amp 2 eight inch eminence for mids and the sub woofer is a t2 Rockford sub dual 4 bridged inside box down to 2 ohms mono is 2 ohms compatible right i have 2 truck water batteries no crossover no preamp using settings from deck and sounding real bess 1 battery connected to d van current and ground pole to start van and d next battery taking a current from d first battery and grounding on the body of d van d amp wires using d d remote from d deck d current from the main battery which is d first battery and using d ground from d body of the van (body ground).here my problem when d music playing at low volume it playing real bess sounding real good like volume 1-20 n ting but from d time u cross volume 20 d bass dimming n playing when we check d mono to see what going on when d bass dimming the protection light dimming as well then after playing it with the bass dimming for about 1 minute or so the amp go trip and come back on and play without turning off the deck it jus tripping n jus so coming back on on when lowering the volume the protection stop blinking from the mono and the bass playing back good d amps working good i sure cause i carry it by technicians and they say nothing wrong with it i also hook it up in meh padna vehicle and d amps working real good no problem at loud volume d technician i went by tell me that how i have to buy 2 music batteries because it look like the truck batteries i have not good to play that kind of music i need music batteries the two truck batteries is 1350 cranking amps each but is water batteries he also checked the installation and also said everything hooked up right i even using short wires hooking up everything nothing exceeding 2 ft.can u help me plz so that i can be sure if it is really battery problems thanks in advanced if u can leave a number when u reply it would be helpful so instead so if u need more info instead of replying to this post i can simply call n give u all the info thanks man god bless in advanced my number by the way is 703 0629 in case u need any more info feel free to call yea man bless

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: need some help bad plz!!

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » January 6th, 2011, 11:55 am

dude i cant even begin to read this thing - like u dont know about commas , full stops & paragraphs ... :|

unknown person
3NE 2NR for life

need some help bad plz!!

Postby unknown person » January 6th, 2011, 12:30 pm

probably its the type of batteries used for this application, i'll recommend some drycell car batteries, try and get some XS power or kinetik

MONGO
Trinituner Peong

Postby MONGO » January 6th, 2011, 3:08 pm

i had a jbl gto 1400.1 and that amp need good current...
had no problems with it with my batteries a 825ca water battery in front and a powerware gel ups 100AH in the trunk...by the way i always had my engine running when playing..

do the big 3 upgrade also...
alternator straight to front battery + (front battery connected to back)
chassis to battery - ground
chassis ground to engine ground

make sure all grounds are clean(no paint,rust etc) and metal contacts..

topshotterz
Ricer

Postby topshotterz » January 6th, 2011, 4:21 pm

and get a preamp and cross
music will sound 100% better

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » January 6th, 2011, 6:43 pm

do the big 3 upgrade...how much amps is ur alternator? maybe ur alternator cant charge them big battery fast enough..what ur voltage readin?

crackshut
Street 2NR

Postby crackshut » January 7th, 2011, 8:14 am

scne fellas thanks.i going n try thing now!!

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » January 7th, 2011, 9:11 am

crackshut wrote: but from d time u cross volume 20 d bass dimming n playing when we check d mono to see what going on when d bass dimming the protection light dimming as well then after playing it with the bass dimming for about 1 minute or so the amp go trip and come back on and play

Two possibilities - poor power supply to the amp, or your subwoofers are presenting too low an impedance to the amp, causing it to shut down to protect itself. Get your hands on a multimeter connect it across the amp's power terminals, and measure how low the voltage gets when your bass "dims". If it's above 12V, then it's an impedance problem. If it goes below 12V, then it's a power supply problem.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”