i have seen the following

* fat mat
* Dead V2
* Dynamat
* accumat
* stinger
* cascade audio

anyone can tell which is the best one to use for sound damping

with keen attention to durability (no cracking))

over 97% rattle reduction

and off course road noise reduction

and heat resistance

ravestarfx
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ravestarfx » September 3rd, 2006, 8:30 pm

or WHICH product ON the market

looking at all sound damping now,,,

is best suited

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » September 3rd, 2006, 8:55 pm

knock yourself out

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Sound Deadener Showdown
Version 2 Updated: October 19, 2005
Products Reviewed: B-Quiet Extreme and Ultimate, Brown Bread, Cascade Audio Engineering VB2, Dynamic Control Dynamat Original and Dynamat Xtreme, Elemental Designs eDead v1 and eDead v1SE, FatMat, RAAMaudio RAAMmat BXT, Second Skin Damplifier and Damplifier Pro,

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » September 3rd, 2006, 8:56 pm

also observe the results at room temperature

shazzz69
Street 2NR

Postby shazzz69 » September 5th, 2006, 6:39 pm

nice website.....very interesting info!!! :mrgreen:

gfbl
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby gfbl » September 8th, 2006, 7:59 am

according to this second skin damplifier pro is the best. Anyone have this?

slow91
Street 2NR

Postby slow91 » September 8th, 2006, 9:50 am

The two most available here is the Dynamat and another product called Hushmat. We use Dynamat most due to ease of install, superior quality, fit-and-finish and longevity.

We use the Hushmat in a customers car that wants some dampening, but wants it at a discounted price. It doesnt look as good and the adhesive backing holds well but it's really hard to work with due to the fact that it retains a lot of air pockets under the material. This is an installer's nightmare!!!!

The air pockets are your worst enemy 'cause the material is not doing it's job if it isn't securely attached to the surface it's applied to.

fuzz_174
Riding on 16's

Postby fuzz_174 » September 8th, 2006, 3:34 pm

aye nice link posted there nigel

very good read up

kaotik
Street 2NR

Postby kaotik » September 8th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Hushmat who has this

slow91
Street 2NR

Postby slow91 » September 8th, 2006, 6:25 pm

kaotik wrote:Hushmat who has this

http://www.hushmat.com/

kaotik
Street 2NR

Postby kaotik » September 8th, 2006, 9:50 pm

ok sorry new ? who has locally

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » September 9th, 2006, 9:59 pm

you can get dead vise2 locally tho. i used it and it works well. regardless of what the test said, it works.

fuzz_174
Riding on 16's

Postby fuzz_174 » September 9th, 2006, 10:05 pm

nigel..

where can u get deadvise locally?

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » September 9th, 2006, 10:12 pm

call either sr or myself.

Loprofile PC
Riding on 13's

Postby Loprofile PC » September 10th, 2006, 12:00 am

what about dampit(gsi)? does it work, and what is it made with??

DE AUDIO
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby DE AUDIO » September 10th, 2006, 3:58 am

Dampkit GSI is not a good form of deadening period. It falls out due to the humitidy in Trinidad and it is also not efficient. In my opinion do not waste your money on that - you will be dissapointed. Dynamat is the best form of Sound deadening there is and there is no competition. Dynamat is synonomous and often when one thinks of sound dampening the one name that comes to mind is Dynamat.

Dont be fooled by the competition, sure dynamat costs a bit more but to ensure you get the best results - use Dynamat, you wont be dissapointed and that is my guarntee. All the major competitors use Dynamat and dont settle for anything less. They made the breakthroughs in R@D and is considered first choice by professionals.

There is only one other company that makes top of the line Sound deadening to Dynamat and that is Cascade Audio Engineering. Both companies use there own reasearch and development to thrive to be the best there is. All others try to copy there products. To justify this statement - these two companies not only produce sound deadening for vehicles but also commercial, home and marine environments. To sum it all - they make sound deadening for every type of enviromment so you are to be certain what you get is the best.

As SLOW91 rightfully said "We use Dynamat most due to ease of install, superior quality, fit-and-finish and longevity."

Chosen by professionals as the number one in sound deadening - eg. TEAM GATES

To show you how confident I am that Dynamat and Cascade Audio Engineering will beat any of the competition - Anyone who uses Dynamat efficiently and effectively and is installed by a professional - If that customer is dissatisfied with the product - some arrangement will be made with regards to a refund.

www.dynamat.com
www.cascadeaudio.com

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » September 10th, 2006, 9:22 am

shaks wrote:what about dampit(gsi)? does it work, and what is it made with??

ive used this product as well. its similar in construction to dynamat original and works on the mass loading principle. its quite rigid but not as good as dynamat original. as for falling off, i have a layer on the roof of a customers car, over a year now, and it hasnt fallen off.

as mentioned in the link, sound dampners work in different ways. the best being viscoelastic loading.

viscoelastic mats can be furthur broken down into 2 categories, rubberised asphalt and rubberised butyl.

asphalt is cheaper, but has a bit lower melting point. butyl is way more espensive but has a higher melting point.

to understand how viscoelastic loading works, you need to understand the basic energy conversion principle.
energy is neither created not destroyed.
moving, flexing panels are full of kinetic energy. the rubberised component of the dampning readily absorbs the "moving" kinetic energy and converts it into heat (thermal) energy. the aluminum layer of the dampning abosrbs this heat (thermal). The aluminum layer is sometimes called the heat sink, for obvious reasons.

when i first used edead, i thought the product to be quite flexible, and not as rigid as dynamat extreme, simply because the dynamat had more mils of aluminum than the edead. but like they say, proof of the pie is in the eating.
even though the edead was more flexible, its rubberised component was designed to absorb more of the kinetic energy.

bottom line.

Is dynamat extreme the best... . independant tests already proved that it isnt. Again, see the link I posted.
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Is Dynamat extreme better that the rest....Id say maybe, depending....

Will I use dynamat over eDead..... If the customer has 600-1000 more, yup i will

Will someone notice the difference in dampning between both brands... nope.

Is dynamat the easiest to install, ...... it isnt the easiest, but its ok. Dynamat extreme uses a wax paper backing, whilst edead uses plastic.

Again, I say these things based on my 12 years installation and competition in this industry. So who vex, is a real hard luck.

DE AUDIO
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby DE AUDIO » September 10th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Okay Nigel, maybe the reason why the GSI did not fall out from the hood was because of the of the added Upholstery that clips back snugly and keeps a hold on the GSI product. Just making a point, I may not be 100% but please correct me if i am wrong.

As for Dynamat Original - it fails, I have had many customers who use GSI and was utterly dissapointed with the results - it was very thin and falls out in my opinion due to the humitidy and the climate. Even tho Dynamat Original is thicker - it still fails - in my opinion, do not waste time and money even using asphalt based products.

With regards to E-DEAD, at least it is a copy of Dynamat Extreme and should work better than the GSI. With regards to price - why not pay a little more to get something you know and is definate to work and will not have to worry about changing after. That is one of the key mistakes people make when dealing with sound deadening - they always want to go with a cheaper solution. My advise is buy good sound deadening - it might cost you cheaper in the long run. I have had many customers purchase cheaper less efficient forms of sound deadening and ended up purchasing Dynamat after.

As for prices well Nigel is totally off once again with the prices that seems to be goin up ever so often.

EDEAD 20 sqft @ 25 dollars a sqft is $500.00
DYNAMAT TRUNK KIT 20 sqft. is $695.00

EDEAD 12 sqft - $300.00
DYNAMAT DOOR KIT 12 sqft. is $495.00

You buy the best speakers and subwoofers - Buy the best form of deadening and see outstanding results.

Once again every test, every review is oponionative in my words. Alot of factors could have changed the results for the test of each individual product. If you did high school science you would realize that some things, when tested over and over yield different results. I am sure if one was to do the same test over - the results would be dramitically different. The test can give you a general idea of the performance of each product but it wont be 100% accurate in my opinion.

Even looking at the test - look at where Dynamat Extreme stands with regards to the max temperate to which it fails - it beats EDEAD outstandingly.

I am not saying EDEAD is a bad product nor am i being biased in any way. I am stating what I observed during the years of distributing Dynamat and giving my little 2 sense. All I am saying is why not spend $200tt more and get something you know definately will work and not be one bit dissapointed.

www.dynamat.com
www.cascadeaudio.com

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » September 10th, 2006, 1:55 pm

point well made.

and all im saying is that for a minimal decrease in performance, you can save a bunch amount of money.
(not by switching to geico.. :lol: :lol: )

Competition is always a good thing.

People here dont have that many options for sound deadning, we have dynamat, gsi, stinger road kill, and a couple others, out of a market of over 20 manufacturers. Im sure there is room for 1 more brand here.

Loprofile PC
Riding on 13's

Postby Loprofile PC » September 11th, 2006, 10:32 pm

I currently have dampit on my trunk lid a little over a year now :oops: , it havent come off yet . But you guys have convinced me not to use any more............ so I needed some for my two front doors, so I bought myself the stinger expert road kill @ $50 a sq foot.

Im guessing at that price it cant be falling off!

DE AUDIO
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby DE AUDIO » September 11th, 2006, 10:49 pm

Wow 50 dollars a sq.ft - you could have gotten a Dynamat door kit which will do the 2 doors for $425.00 - and that is enough material to cover the entire 2 doors - no patchin, it coverin the entire door.

12 sq.ft in total which is $35.00 per sq.ft

And Dynamat is the best form of dampening there is - better then road kill.

To do ur trunk - your entire trunk would cost you $695.00

contains 20sq.ft in total which is $35.00 per sq ft.

Remember Dynamat is the best form of deadening there is - thicker than roadkill and edead and proven better than even in independent studies.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » September 12th, 2006, 6:50 am

shaks wrote:I currently have dampit on my trunk lid a little over a year now :oops: , it havent come off yet . But you guys have convinced me not to use any more............ so I needed some for my two front doors, so I bought myself the stinger expert road kill @ $50 a sq foot.

Im guessing at that price it cant be falling off!

there are a few people here that can offer cheaper options that work just as well and can show you how to do it yourself

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » September 12th, 2006, 7:02 am

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sound deadener showdown web site is out dated. It used old asphalt based eDead. eDead is now a butyl based deadener...failure temps etc. are no longer remotely correct :)

So you know what that means......

Take a look at this link...

http://www.edesignaudio.com/video/edead.avi

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”