TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP! SHOULD I BUY A NEW OR USE CAR,OR BRING IN ONE FROM JAPAN? IF FROM JAPAN THEN I,LL NEED HELP FINDING A SAFE SITE.

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

crissythegirlfromtrini
Riding on 13's

HELP! SHOULD I BUY A NEW OR USE CAR,OR BRING IN ONE FROM JAPAN? IF FROM JAPAN THEN I,LL NEED HELP FINDING A SAFE SITE.

Postby crissythegirlfromtrini » February 17th, 2020, 8:30 pm

HI TO EVERYONE,
I CAME ACROSS THIS SITE WHILE SEARCHING FOR REVIEWS ON DIFFERENT MODELS CARS, I SEE THE MEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SPEAKING ABOUT ON THIS SITE, AS I STILL TRY AND DO MY RESEARCH ONLINE.
OK SO IM GOING TO LIST WHAT IM LOOKING FOR IN A CAR AND HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS CAN HELP OUT A SISTER HERE... (PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT CARS)

1. SPACE-----SPACE FOR MY CUSTOMERS AND MYSELF TO BE SEATED PROPERLY WITHOUT BEING SQUASHED.
SPACE IN THE TRUNK. (NISSAN SENTRA?)

2. GAS EFFICIENT

3. PARTS REASONABLE--- EASY TO GET, NO HEADACHE

4. CAR THAT WONT GIVE ME NO KIND OF MECHANICAL PROBLEM WITHIN THE FIRST 3YRS

5 SOMETHING BETWEEN 70,000 -90,000$ (OR A LITTLE HIGHER)

6. maybe a wagon with space.

and no, after reading about posts here about hybird, i,m not interested...thanks so much :D :D :D :D :D

CRISSY....

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: HELP! SHOULD I BUY A NEW OR USE CAR,OR BRING IN ONE FROM JAPAN? IF FROM JAPAN THEN I,LL NEED HELP FINDING A SAFE S

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 17th, 2020, 9:04 pm

Seeing that you have your mind set on a wagon...a y12 is good for you(parts are cheap and easy to find in the bamboo)...If you want something a little more attractive, try the fielder(parts a bit more expensive)...

The y12 falls in your budget but the fielder can reach you up to 120 depending on model and features. I don't think you'd get a brand new car for your budget and I'm not sure you want to try the experience of bringing a vehicle for yourself...There are several RORO dealers out and about...Look through FB and trinicarsforsale and read the comments from other customers...Feel free to ask any other question here...Lots of experienced tuners

crissythegirlfromtrini
Riding on 13's

Re: HELP! SHOULD I BUY A NEW OR USE CAR,OR BRING IN ONE FROM JAPAN? IF FROM JAPAN THEN I,LL NEED HELP FINDING A SAFE S

Postby crissythegirlfromtrini » February 17th, 2020, 9:14 pm

thank you so much for the reply, i have no problem bringing in a car for myself once i dont get a 'lemon' car, (i think thats what t is called) and i can get a safe site to bring in the car not a problem...thanks again....

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 17th, 2020, 9:23 pm

if you do a search on trinituner itself you may come across a few topics dealing with reputable sites for bringing vehicles...I may be mistaken but the ole talk forum may have 1 or 2 threads dedicated to that topic.

crissythegirlfromtrini
Riding on 13's

Postby crissythegirlfromtrini » February 17th, 2020, 9:32 pm

ok great ill take a look...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 18th, 2020, 6:31 am

So Chrissy, what’s wrong with hyBIRDs?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 21st, 2020, 11:15 am

rspann wrote:So Chrissy, what’s wrong with hyBIRDs?

same thing that was wrong with fuel injection 35 years ago
Those new Fielder wagons lookin real nice

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 21st, 2020, 12:15 pm

Oaaar! like It eh have nobody here could fix that , ah battery is $80 g , wey yuh getting parts for it?

Then there is the man who make a video bad talking hybrids and now his whole lot full with them.

I have 4 Ioniqs , 1 Niro ,3 Prius , 1 Fielder, 2 Aquas, 1 Vezel and now sold an Axio and 0 Complaints.

triplef_17
Riding on 13's

Postby triplef_17 » February 21st, 2020, 8:12 pm

Contact ramish rambarran he will sort u out nice.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 22nd, 2020, 11:09 am

rspann wrote:Oaaar! like It eh have nobody here could fix that , ah battery is $80 g , wey yuh getting parts for it?

Then there is the man who make a video bad talking hybrids and now his whole lot full with them.

I have 4 Ioniqs , 1 Niro ,3 Prius , 1 Fielder, 2 Aquas, 1 Vezel and now sold an Axio and 0 Complaints.

You answered it in the first paragraph

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 22nd, 2020, 3:07 pm

Nah. There are trained technicians ( lots of them) parts are available for the hybrid side and the battery cells can be replaced individually when they do need changing. A Toyota cell could cost $500 or less . I buy batteries and dismantle for parts and there are lots of people who do too. Batteries for the common ones are $10g and less on the market right now, and I have a source for batteries from vehicles that were used for IIHS tests and only did 0 -50 miles. Those cost 1000usd .
I think it’s the mystery that people are scared of . They selling like hops bread right now ,mew and used ,so like people warming up to the idea. The hybrid parts are also available on the US market. I walked in a Toyota dealership and bought a battery voltage controller unit for an axio , right off the shelf.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”