TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Car accident question

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

d-man20
Riding on 13's

Car accident question

Postby d-man20 » January 2nd, 2020, 10:30 pm

Hey tuners, i got in an accident, we made a report in the police station and everything, we have third party and when time to claim (im fulling out my accident form) i called the person and he threatened me and said how he not reporting it to his insurance or doing anything and he will sue me etc (mind im a student still) what am i supposed to do... i hear his insurance(bankers) cannot do anything until he notifies them that he was in an accident, i cannot just sit here and wait because he refuses to notify them. help

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Car accident question

Postby Kronik » January 2nd, 2020, 11:19 pm

Make your report to his insurance along with your claim and if possible provide a copy of the accident report, they will contact him. This is assuming he is wrong in the accident, if you're both at fault they might say both of you fix your own vehicle

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 3rd, 2020, 8:16 am

1. Report RTA to police and apply for and pay for the PR one time.
2. Report RTA to your insurer
3. Report RTA to other party insurer

Your insurer will issue a coverage letter thus referring you to the other party insurer. Walk with the following docs:

Coverage letter, Citizen receipt of RTA, 2 forms of ID, 1 being your DP, VAT letter, certified copy (computer generated one not older than 6mths) and repair estimate.

Give the police station a week or 2 to generate the report. It costs $50. Make sure it all signed and stamped when you collect and make sure the accident coding is in your favor (cause I assume you are right). Collect report when ready and drop it off at the other insurer.

That other insurer will write to their insured where that person will have a 2-4 weeks approx. to respond. If he doesn't respond they will eventually write to him notifying of settlement against his policy. Once your car has been documented by the other insurer and the adjuster has seen it, if you cant wait, then it's ok for you to fix your car.

Once the PR confirms that you are right in this RTA, your money is sure. But the process can take a few weeks. Be patient and respectful and keep following up with them and it will be over soon. Good luck.

d-man20
Riding on 13's

Postby d-man20 » January 3rd, 2020, 9:09 pm

Thanks alot for the advice!
I went today and dropped in the relevant documents, just waiting on the report now
the accident occurred on a four corner, i was on the main road and slowed down still and looked and he had the stop sign on his side, after i crossed half the road he mashed out and hit my left side front bumper smh and damage bonnet fender and light too his front bumper right under his headlight got hit

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » March 6th, 2020, 10:14 pm

How did this turn out OP? Hope u eventually got compensated by the other guy's insurance co.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”