TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Transfering a Crashed Car

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

johnson101
Ricer

Transfering a Crashed Car

Postby johnson101 » October 24th, 2019, 8:17 am

Hello. Does anyone know the process to transfer a crashed vehicle legally? I don't know if this was discussed before but i looked and didn't see any previous treads.

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Transfering a Crashed Car

Postby MG Man » October 24th, 2019, 11:22 am

once vin and engine numbers matching certified copy, trailer it to licensing office and transfer as per normal car

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 24th, 2019, 11:38 am

MG Man wrote:once vin and engine numbers matching certified copy, trailer it to licensing office and transfer as per normal car

engine change done in may.
the change is recorded on the inspection certificate and has receipt attached to certified copy.
change still not on https://apps.mowt.gov.tt/apps/vrv. so wont be on any new certified copy. :roll: :roll:

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 24th, 2019, 11:52 am

They don't check engine number when doing transfers. Just chassis number.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 24th, 2019, 8:32 pm

pete wrote:They don't check engine number when doing transfers. Just chassis number.

the engine number was checked during a transfer at caroni.

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » October 25th, 2019, 6:05 am

wagonrunner wrote:
MG Man wrote:once vin and engine numbers matching certified copy, trailer it to licensing office and transfer as per normal car

engine change done in may.
the change is recorded on the inspection certificate and has receipt attached to certified copy.
change still not on https://apps.mowt.gov.tt/apps/vrv. so wont be on any new certified copy. :roll: :roll:

Just walk with the chit...apparently the online system isnt updated as quickly as their internal system....
I did a transfer last month at caroni and i kept checking online to see the update/change of ownership before applying for the new copy...kept showing up on the previous owner's name. I went in and they told me it was updated on their system after one week and i got the new copy on my name

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » October 25th, 2019, 6:36 pm

Calor wrote:Just walk with the chit...apparently the online system isnt updated as quickly as their internal system....
I did a transfer last month at caroni and i kept checking online to see the update/change of ownership before applying for the new copy...kept showing up on the previous owner's name. I went in and they told me it was updated on their system after one week and i got the new copy on my name

yeah the chit is stapled. good to know. will try to get it sorted.
a vehicle purchased in nov 2016, certified copy was only available in dec 2017 eh.
so very wary of them.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 25th, 2019, 6:44 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
Calor wrote:Just walk with the chit...apparently the online system isnt updated as quickly as their internal system....

yeah the chit is stapled. good to know. will try to get it sorted.
a vehicle purchased in nov 2016, certified copy was only available in dec 2017 eh.
so very wary of them.

that stupid chit is gold for any transaction...your only real evidence

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » October 29th, 2019, 10:46 am

wagonrunner wrote:
pete wrote:They don't check engine number when doing transfers. Just chassis number.

the engine number was checked during a transfer at caroni.
I transferred my car last month and the engine # was not checked I was shocked .

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » November 15th, 2019, 2:10 am

Everything in license office depends on who you deal with and what mood they in.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”