TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

w.t.k Who is the best car dealer/firm in trinidad?

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

synTax_ErR0R1
Ricer

w.t.k Who is the best car dealer/firm in trinidad?

Postby synTax_ErR0R1 » April 18th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Is it ansa motors , lifestyle motors , massy , southern sales ,Toyota ? ...
in terms of after sales service , customer service, maintainence etc
also how was/is your experience with any of these firms?
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

loromo
3NE 2NR for life

Re: w.t.k Who is the best car dealer/firm in trinidad?

Postby loromo » April 18th, 2018, 10:01 pm

NONE!!! Based on my personal experience.
Better you bring in your own vehicle AND Maintain it yourself.
My experience with a vehicle that cost over 400,000 cash. They just want your money and no PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE after that.

synTax_ErR0R1
Ricer

Postby synTax_ErR0R1 » April 18th, 2018, 10:30 pm

hmm alot of people i ask saying that lol...thanks for sharing!...
do you mean bringing it in through a roll-on roll-off dealer?

loromo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby loromo » April 18th, 2018, 10:44 pm

No, not RORO. Bring in new from foreign.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 28th, 2018, 8:15 pm

None. I have personal experience will all except Sterling. The summary is and as mentioned before, they just want to sell you a vehicle and set you up with poor customer service and after sale support. Import your own vehicle and save yourself money, time and stress.

not_a_monkey
Street 2NR

Postby not_a_monkey » April 28th, 2018, 9:40 pm

My bf says it's alot less stressful to maintain vehicle yourself personally. The dealership overrated and overpriced.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 29th, 2018, 11:48 am

not_a_monkey wrote:My bf says it's alot less stressful to maintain vehicle yourself personally. The dealership overrated and overpriced.

You should listen to bf

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » April 29th, 2018, 9:26 pm

not_a_monkey wrote:My bf says it's alot less stressful to maintain vehicle yourself personally. The dealership overrated and overpriced.

Bf only told your half of the story...what bf did not say was if you don't service by dealership they void your warranty should anything go wrong. Big money making scheme if you ask me because for the first 2 years is basically oil and filter. Oh and pm me if you looking for a better bf

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm

None. It is better if you can wrench on it yourself.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 30th, 2018, 6:38 am

my one experience with Toyota...

so called "service"....I decided to put a distinguishing mark on the oil filter to see if they really change what you pay for...when the service finished and they parked outside...I went under the vehicle and saw the same old filter but they charging me for a new one....

well yuh know somebody mc had to get loud up...and of they telling me to quiet down because other customers there

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » April 30th, 2018, 9:24 am

Massy double my labour, because I bought my own oil and when you check the cost of my full synthetic oil to their semi, is like no difference in cost. Only thing different they did was rotate and balance. They claim to road test, but the vehicle was on the same mileage as I dropped it... Plus at 10k service, they never changed the air filter and if u see it dutty!

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 30th, 2018, 7:20 pm

I remember my battery died in meh rolla...toyota say they have a deal....$1000 special offer because the original price is 2k....mind you is fcking cheap battery they selling....I bought my battery outside for a lot less and carry the bill for them..

Stay away from stealership

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 30th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Note:
1. TTTL changes oil filter every 10k and oil every 5k Kms. I think it’s counter efficient to not change the oil filter when the oil is changed but wrt the billing part, it was def an oversight.
2. When taking your vehicle to service and the dealer uses their material supplied for your car, you automatically get a discount on it like fluids and filters etc. and you get a discount on the labor. If you supply your own parts and fluids etc. then the discounted labor figure would not apply. Also, you would never know if the oil you brought was actually installed on your car as customers are not allowed in the workshop/service area.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 1st, 2018, 12:06 am

agent007 wrote:Note:
1. TTTL changes oil filter every 10k and oil every 5k Kms. I think it’s counter efficient to not change the oil filter when the oil is changed but wrt the billing part, it was def an oversight.
2. When taking your vehicle to service and the dealer uses their material supplied for your car, you automatically get a discount on it like fluids and filters etc. and you get a discount on the labor. If you supply your own parts and fluids etc. then the discounted labor figure would not apply. Also, you would never know if the oil you brought was actually installed on your car as customers are not allowed in the workshop/service area.
About that... South workshop area is wide open... While you are not physically allowed within the area.... Nothing is preventing you from observing what is going on.

Regarding the oil change with the same filter; is what they are doing worse than when someone uses the same filter for 10000kms with the same oil. It isn't as good as changing the filter and oil every 5kkms but it is better than running the same oil and filter for 10kkms.
They should change both at 5kkms for the prices they charge though

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 1st, 2018, 6:42 am

me a know bout no discount on fluids nah....them does make ah dread profit on that too...when I look at the bill and price the same items at a normal auto supplies place I does be like d MC I seeing here...

thankfully I stopped going by Toyota...do meh thing mehself

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » May 1st, 2018, 7:57 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

me a know bout no discount on fluids nah....them does make ah dread profit on that too...when I look at the bill and price the same items at a normal auto supplies place I does be like d MC I seeing here...

thankfully I stopped going by Toyota...do meh thing mehself

Yup, when I work the figure for the oil Massy charge me, it was no different than what I paid for my full synthetic, as opposed to their semi. All we asking them is to do the right thing.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » May 8th, 2018, 11:25 am

So my wife was servicing her CRV with the firm for 3 years as she bought via ALL IN ONE deal which include free 3 year service. After that she continued. One of the services was to do a Transmission flush as it had done around 50,000km . They billed her and she went about her driving.
Last year I decided to carry her CRV to my mechanic and the original seal on the Transmission line was not broken.
So they charged her for without doing changing the fluid.

Personally I stopped servicing at TTTL after one year when I stopped being reliant on the warranty . 6 .5 years later with 200,000 km and getting over 700km per fill up I am glad I service outside of the firm however I make sure and use all genuine parts all the time.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » May 8th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Yup Massy, does put road test info on the bill. Mind you, the van does be on d exact mileage I drop it at when I collect.
10K service and they didn't change the air filter. Had to change it mehself...

Nixx
Riding on 13's

Postby Nixx » January 29th, 2020, 1:43 pm

so this thread is depressing... beside the anecdotes.. what's the answer?

What would be the 'best' dealer for 'most people'? Can someone try to give a ranking?
most people :- are not going to figure out how to import a new vehicle, are not going to check if the dealer does what they say, want/like new vehicles, treat their cars like household appliances (expect it to just work without knowing much/thinking about it.)

If you had to recommend a dealer for someone what would you actually do?

here's my guess...
1. Toyota
2. Massy
3. Ansa (do the different sub dealers matter?)
4. SSL

Where does LifeStyle motors fit in?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 30th, 2020, 12:44 pm

My ranking of least worse to worst worse is as follows:

1) LifeStyle Motors (2016 Suzuki Vitara)
2) Massy Motors (1996 Hyundai Accent and 2006 Hyundai Coupe)
3) Toyota Trinidad Limited (2015 Toyota Hilux)
4) Diamond Motors (1997 Mitsubishi Lancer)
5) Southern Sales and Service Company Limited (2016 Kia K2700, various Mazda B1600 pickup trucks, Mazda B2500 4x4 pickup truck)

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 31st, 2020, 10:01 am

If is one thing they all have high points in common for is...before sales service

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 31st, 2020, 10:27 am

Based on the limited sample size in my household over the last few years for aftersales service it goes -
1. Diamond Motors
2. Massy/Mel's
3. Southern Sales/Mazda
4. TTTL

Nixx
Riding on 13's

Postby Nixx » January 31st, 2020, 3:10 pm

Thank you Rory, Dizzy!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 1st, 2020, 11:04 am

It have no “best” dealer bro.

Too much trini workers tarnishing the brands.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » February 1st, 2020, 4:22 pm

For me it would be best to worst.
1. TTTL
2. ANSA
3. SSL

My opinion is not based on any bad experience rather, its based on interactions where I saw the potential for persons who were new to vehicles to get robbed.

The most memorable shot was from SSL on a B2500 where they told me that they would have to service the injectors because the RPM was not going all the way up but, I knew it was a dirty strainer on the diesel pump.....the guy said he would do it for $1500.00 on the side.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”