TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Serious Question!!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rotorhead24
Ricer
Location: Down the road, first left, 3 houses after the roti shop the house with the mango tree

Serious Question!!!!

Postby rotorhead24 » May 24th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Guys .. I would really love to know what is the full and actual laws pertaining to registering a vehicle ... cause I am always told that a car can't be registered if the manufacture date is more than 6 years ... Yet I constantly see oldddddddd cars with new plates ... so can someone please give me clarification !?!

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Serious Question!!!!

Postby Sinister_Audio » May 24th, 2013, 8:18 pm

most of them are 'returning residents' .... cars that have been owned by residents of trinidad in foreign countries that have returned to live in trinidad.

shadowbird
Sweet on this forum

Postby shadowbird » May 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Plus u can Re Register an old vehicle

rotorhead24
Ricer
Location: Down the road, first left, 3 houses after the roti shop the house with the mango tree

Postby rotorhead24 » May 27th, 2013, 8:11 pm

I once thought that you can re-register an old car until I was told from a licensing officer told me that you can't ... and about the people coming back to Trinidad ... what about that guy with the guy with the vintage car rental service .. he has a car from 86 with HCL plates .... i would really like to know the exact laws and provisions !!!

shadowbird
Sweet on this forum

Postby shadowbird » May 27th, 2013, 8:43 pm

I believe you may have 2 speak to the licensing commissioner about that, not all licensing officers know what they're saying cuz 1 may tell you that you cannot take off your rights off your crash vehicle & put it on another shell of the same kind & the other officer will tell say you can so the licensing commissioner is the better person to speak with

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”