TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 18th, 2021, 3:00 pm

RO-RO Importers bringing in Ioniqs the model was a 2018 priced at 170k. 1 Year warranty. Feature wise it seems to be a mixture between our Fully loaded and Base grade model from Massy

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » March 18th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:RO-RO Importers bringing in Ioniqs the model was a 2018 priced at 170k. 1 Year warranty. Feature wise it seems to be a mixture between our Fully loaded and Base grade model from Massy

Those guys from RO-RO Importers are cool, but isn't it a bit overpriced, considering the market? What you think?

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » March 18th, 2021, 4:31 pm

agent007 wrote:The 2021 Sorento CRDi has arrived20210317_153711.jpeg

A thing of beauty..the price, might not follow suit.. :cry:

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » March 18th, 2021, 8:42 pm

On news today there was report Massy is bringing Foreign Used. Any news an that? I know one time Toyota was trying a thing.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 18th, 2021, 9:04 pm

Any word on the hybrid?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 19th, 2021, 9:29 am

triniboi49 wrote:On news today there was report Massy is bringing Foreign Used. Any news an that? I know one time Toyota was trying a thing.

I really saw a Massy sales rep operating out of O'meara post last week about a stock of Aquas, Notes etc for sale soon and in the pics he posted looked like a yard of RoRos parked up.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 19th, 2021, 9:31 am

Joshie23 wrote:
Shalom Vanamson wrote:RO-RO Importers bringing in Ioniqs the model was a 2018 priced at 170k. 1 Year warranty. Feature wise it seems to be a mixture between our Fully loaded and Base grade model from Massy

Those guys from RO-RO Importers are cool, but isn't it a bit overpriced, considering the market? What you think?

To be very honest the price is a little more expensive than Ioniqs on the local used market, however considering what was done from last year's budget in relation to these smaller engine hybrids and these vehicles being imported currently the price is not bad.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 19th, 2021, 9:34 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:On news today there was report Massy is bringing Foreign Used. Any news an that? I know one time Toyota was trying a thing.

I really saw a Massy sales rep operating out of O'meara post last week about a stock of Aquas, Notes etc for sale soon and in the pics he posted looked like a yard of RoRos parked up.

This seems to be the story of the day. Saw Mr. Babwah had an interview this morning in relation to this and he is not pleased.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 19th, 2021, 10:04 am

Oldest trick in the book...if you can't beat them, join them!

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 19th, 2021, 10:25 am

So a new sorento is 400,000 and up ?

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » March 19th, 2021, 12:00 pm

drchaos wrote:

Any word on the hybrid?

If they do, I wonder if SSSL will take pattern after TTTL..isn't the Rav-4 Hybrid close to or over $700k?

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

To be very honest the price is a little more expensive than Ioniqs on the local used market, however considering what was done from last year's budget in relation to these smaller engine hybrids and these vehicles being imported currently the price is not bad.

Ok noted. Good point, I was just thinking about how competitive it is, or isn't.

aaron17 wrote:So a new sorento is 400,000 and up ?

When last was it not? This current batch starts at almost $450k, iirc.

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » March 19th, 2021, 12:55 pm

SS sales rep told me there's 1 more Optima in stock and they are 'discontinuing' it. I see Hyundai also doesn't advertise the Sonata and the Mazda 6 is also barely mentioned. Is this a result of driver preference in Trinidad? I actually really like those mid size sedans. Oh well.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 19th, 2021, 1:01 pm

For the price of those mid size you can get European and make a bolder statement

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » March 19th, 2021, 1:10 pm

Dave wrote:For the price of those mid size you can get European and make a bolder statement

Optima and Mazda 6 are listed at around 315 - 325 on this forum. Can't get a 3 series or A4 for that.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 19th, 2021, 1:26 pm

A3 , C180 and 1 or 2 series not in the 3xxk range?
Size doesn't seem to be the appeal but brand I can buy. I rather buy an accord or the like for the size.

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » March 19th, 2021, 1:29 pm

Dave wrote:A3 , C180 and 1 or 2 series not in the 3xxk range?
Size doesn't seem to be the appeal but brand I can buy. I rather buy an accord or the like for the size.

I guess that answers my question as to if it's a trini preference thing. I'd much rather drive a Mazda 6 than chook up in an A3 or 1 series. I've driven a 1 series. Man. It's TINY. (Old model).

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 19th, 2021, 2:02 pm

feeldavibe wrote:SS sales rep told me there's 1 more Optima in stock and they are 'discontinuing' it. I see Hyundai also doesn't advertise the Sonata and the Mazda 6 is also barely mentioned. Is this a result of driver preference in Trinidad? I actually really like those mid size sedans. Oh well.

Is how they said "discontinuing" :lol: . The Optima experienced a partial name change. Reason for me saying partial is because the new name it goes by globally is K5. That K5 name has been there since the third generation if I remember correctly South Korea and China got it with that name. With the new fifth gen model they decided to call it K5 in not just South Korea and China but all over. Also they wont be making them in RHD because of dismal sales in places like the UK and Australia, kinda sucks tbh

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 19th, 2021, 2:05 pm

feeldavibe wrote:

I guess that answers my question as to if it's a trini preference thing. I'd much rather drive a Mazda 6 than chook up in an A3 or 1 series. I've driven a 1 series. Man. It's TINY. (Old model).

Brand Snobbery could be so blinding sometimes. Besides that Mazda 6 the Accords are also good too

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 19th, 2021, 3:32 pm

C180 starts at $430k new one will be starting at $500k+

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » March 19th, 2021, 7:34 pm

I buying FU next time yes... I done with new car for now...their prices are ridiculous..

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 20th, 2021, 1:24 am

Joshie, yes we bracing for impact. The 2021 Santa Fe has arrived and the starting price is $575k. I expect the new Sorento to hover around there. The CRDi uses a wet 8DCT for those who were interested. As for me? I pass.

A TTTL employee told me that no RAV4 hybrid came from them. It is suspected that the few we are seeing on our roads came from MASKA.

Triniboi, the Massy roro thing is confirmed. They trying new LoBs to meet their gp targets. My take is, if you in the market for a roro vehicle like a Note for example, just patronize the business that gives you the best price.

Drchaos, unfortunately I’m not sure.

Shalom, VBabwah made enough money to retire super wealthy I’m sure. Truth is the future of roro imports in this country is shaky especially with forex woes. He vex a new car dealer selling used vehicles but we shouldn’t be vex when used car dealers selling new vehicles that they cannot support. Don’t let anyone fool you, these grey dealers cannot support the new vehicles they import. Look at what ANSA did recently? They open up a hybrid service center so Fit, Accord and Vezel hybrid owners can finally get some kind of support.

Aaron, a $400k Sorento happening long before Colm dreamt he would be the MoF.

Feeldavibe, you’re absolutely correct. Market shift towards crossovers, SUVs and pickups. Sedans, hatchbacks and coupes are a tough sell now. I saw Toyota brought down a Camry or 2 recently but it’s generally a dead name at TTTL a while now. We have ANSA that brought down the new Accord turbo which saw a few loyal customers. Massy like they discontinued importation of the Altima, Sonata and Legacy. Mitsubishi discontinued the Galant completely and was one of the first to exit that mid size market. Chevy had a midsizer called the Epica which failed and the French trio (Laguna, 407, Xantia)...I don’t need to tell you all what happened there right? Lastly, the Ford Fusion like Ford on a whole in TT (except Rangers) got sacked. I suspect SS will continue importing the Mazda 6 and they will get the new Optima replacement eventually.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 20th, 2021, 7:14 pm

oh ok.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » March 21st, 2021, 8:40 am

Massy selling FU Notes and Aquas is genius. The point is getting sales and if you go to purchase a new vehicle, and can't afford even the locally used options they have, they now have Foreign Used.

The RoRo Ioniq isn't even a mid spec. Trim level is weird. They have the fog lamps on the bumper but no LED taillights. No sunroof. No push to start. Fabric seats. They are from the UK but the UK (from what I've seen) has similar trim levels to ours. They will be sold though. Also, The price is a bit much. New Ioniqs are now $260K and $290k. This is quoted from a rep in the Ioniq Group. Tbh if I was looking for a new car it wouldn't be a Ioniq. Glad I purchased when I did. Price only skyrocketed since then and the car is amazing.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » March 21st, 2021, 12:13 pm

snypaz wrote:Massy selling FU Notes and Aquas is genius. The point is getting sales and if you go to purchase a new vehicle, and can't afford even the locally used options they have, they now have Foreign Used.

The RoRo Ioniq isn't even a mid spec. Trim level is weird. They have the fog lamps on the bumper but no LED taillights. No sunroof. No push to start. Fabric seats. They are from the UK but the UK (from what I've seen) has similar trim levels to ours. They will be sold though. Also, The price is a bit much. New Ioniqs are now $260K and $290k. This is quoted from a rep in the Ioniq Group. Tbh if I was looking for a new car it wouldn't be a Ioniq. Glad I purchased when I did. Price only skyrocketed since then and the car is amazing.

What price are they selling the FU ones?

RE Amemiya
Riding on 13's

Postby RE Amemiya » March 21st, 2021, 4:48 pm

Need some advice on purchasing a new sedan.

I prefer smaller sedans over SUVs despite our roads worsening, I find them easier to drive and to park them in tight spaces such as the streets of POS.

I don't mean to brag but I've got decent financing however I don't want to buy any luxury vehicles for the unwanted attention. I could probably finance up to 400,000 but I am not looking to spend that, maybe around half, I do wish I could buy an A class Benz but it's Trinidad and as I said earlier, the unwanted attention.

I really really like the Mazda 3 however I've been advised by many colleagues to avoid anything Southern Sales.

I was looking at the Toyota Corolla and it looks like a solid choice but in my opinion it seems overpriced for what it offers. I could say the same about the Honda Civic. The Sentra looks really basic as well and a lot inferior compared to the other two.

Which leaves me with the Subaru Impreza, it seems like this car while more expensive than the competition, you actually get what you pay for (AWD, etc.) however I personally find the design really basic.

I may opt for the Subaru base model but the design has me thinking twice. Anything else I should consider?

This sh!t is driving me crazy, been spending nights researching vehicles. I don't want any cheap 3rd world Indian made stuff. I want a quality and reliable car.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 21st, 2021, 7:12 pm

My picks will be:

Mazda 3

Toyota Corolla

Suzuki Swift (even the sport as well if you fancy)

Even though you said no SUV, you could look at the smaller ones such as:

Subaru XV

Suzuki Vitara

Mazda CX30

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 21st, 2021, 11:41 pm

Amemiya, so you want a small sedan for around $200k and you don't want a third world vehicle (like those indian made stuff).

Well with that said your options are:

Toyota Corolla 1.6
Honda Civic 1.6 and 1.5T
Nissan Sentra 1.6
Mazda 3 1.5
Subaru Impreza 1.6 awd
Hyundai Elantra 1.6
Kia Cerato 1.6
Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T

I could have included the:
Toyota Yaris 1.3
Mazda 2 1.5
Suzuki Swift 1.2
Suzuki Dzire 1.2
Hyundai Accent 1.6
Kia Rio 1.4
Chevrolet Sonic 1.6

Whilst from the Yaris all the way to the Sonic are pretty nice sub-compact cars, given your budget and taste, it may be better (in terms of safety and features) that we stick to the bigger segment known as compact cars.

My comments are:

Corolla - too basic and pricey but resale value and perceived reliability is there which is hard to ignore

Civic 1.6 - nice no doubt. Rather it over any model of the Corolla. The 1.5T is more pricey but the power will spoil you. To make things fair to the others, we will leave the turbo out in this comparison.

Sentra - will make a basic Corolla seem like a fully loaded. I'm just surprised this 9 year old design basic box of a vehicle is still being sold.

Mazda 3 - hands down the best looking inside and out. Nice and unique features too especially when compared to the Civic and Corolla. 6AT transmission is also a winner since some hate CVTs

Impreza - it may be a bit heavy in weight thanks to standard awd and the 1.6 might seem over taxed, but the drive dynamics in this one is pretty hard to beat. Mind you, with a sea of fwd poser "SUVs" out there, this car will sure embarrass these posers in light off roading.

Elantra/Cerato - I'll group these 2 together because they share platforms, drivetrains and suspensions etc. let's be real here...when you opt for the highest spec available locally, you get a lot of features, especially with the Elantra. They are built in South Korea but I expect resale value to plummet at a faster rate than the Jap branded cars above. In terms of reliability, it appears (especially with Kia's) as they age, gremlins can pop up often.

Cruze - I'm not sure what's going on with this car. One minute I'm hearing GM is pulling out of all RHD production and then I'm hearing on the other hand, GM's Mexico and Argentina plants are still producing RHD vehicles for export markets. One thing that seems obvious at this point, some automakers are pulling out of certain genres and it appears GM may very well discontinue the Cruze when it becomes EoL. This will affect resale value when that bridge comes. For the price, features, safety and power, it's not a bad choice.

Essentially my picks are:

Honda Civic 1.6, Mazda 3 1.5 and Subaru Impreza 1.6.

If you hate CVT then Mazda is your answer.

If you want awd then Subaru is your answer.

If you want the most spacious interior of the 3 then Honda is your answer.

Since our TTPS are in zero tolerance mode on a daily basis, I dont think speed and power should be main attributes towards decision making. I would think handling, drive quality, comfort, features and safety would be high ticket items to have. Based on that note, I would say the top 2 picks would be the Subie and the Mazda and judging from your screen name, I think I know what your eventual pick would be :wink:

Good luck and all the best to you. Let us know what you decide!

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » March 22nd, 2021, 5:57 am

One of those Mazda 3s in this beautiful red would suit me so well right now.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » March 22nd, 2021, 8:54 am

That red really special in truth.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » March 22nd, 2021, 11:01 am

If only we could have the turbo
2021-mazda3-turbo-first-drive.jpeg

Advertisement