TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby carluva » March 18th, 2020, 8:57 pm

AFAIK the Rocco is new but from grey market dealers, not TTTL.

Same engine, chassis, suspension.

It's just a lil different body styling, rims and the white wall tyres. Not too sure about the inside or seat styling.

@ 385k that's definitely not worth it.

You could buy a new Hilux, and the difference you save, upgrade the vehicle's suspension, wheels and tyres and you'll have a much more rugged and competent 4x4.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 18th, 2020, 10:38 pm

The dealers will never advertise major drops in prices ... Its always been the case that you have to speak in private with the higher ups to get big discounts. They have a perceived market value to maintain.

Expect official prices to remain the same with minor discounts like a 5k off here and there on limited runs sales throughout the end of the world as we know it.

Hope yall prepared ... Oil price as we speak is 23 dollars a barrel, commodities crashing, derivative markets dumping, world is shutting down.
The stealerships locally here and internationally in for a real wild ride over the next 6 months.
Some may not even survive, real people gonna lose jobs. Real defaults on car loans gonna start racking up.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 19th, 2020, 8:18 pm

The Revo Rocco G and it’s derivatives are imported new directly from Thailand by the grey market dealers. They are Thailand spec vehicles which has been imported into T&T for more than a decade. The original owners manual and service booklet is in Thai. Some dealers obtained a copy of the English versions and made mass copies of it and placed into the glove box of some of these vehicles.

My most recent interaction with a grey market dealer was when I purchased an Xtrail Hybrid and I can tell you that NONE of these said grey market dealers are prepared to support a customer should there be genuine warranty issue including recalls etc.

I challenge any grey market dealer to prove to me that they can support a customer just the same way an authorized dealer can. You can pm me so we can get in contact. In the meanwhile, I would encourage anyone, regardless of price to stay far from buying those Revo Roccos. Also, one really has to be absolutely stupid to buy one for $385k.

Drchaos, is absolutely right. We are in for unprecedented times ahead of us. It’s difficult to accurately forecast what will happen going forward as world governments are working with their respective private sectors to minimize the economic impact of COVID19, however, changes locally are inevitable.

Recently, I called out certain strategies that local dealers carry out. If some of you all recall the info I provided, the coming weeks is going to be really interesting.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 20th, 2020, 12:59 pm

drchaos wrote:The dealers will never advertise major drops in prices ... Its always been the case that you have to speak in private with the higher ups to get big discounts. They have a perceived market value to maintain.

Expect official prices to remain the same with minor discounts like a 5k off here and there on limited runs sales throughout the end of the world as we know it.

Hope yall prepared ... Oil price as we speak is 23 dollars a barrel, commodities crashing, derivative markets dumping, world is shutting down.
The stealerships locally here and internationally in for a real wild ride over the next 6 months.
Some may not even survive, real people gonna lose jobs. Real defaults on car loans gonna start racking up.

Thank goodness I have six months remaining on my car loan and unlike in previous years I don't think I will switch vehicles soon after that nah. My current mileage is 61,000kms so not really that bad.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 20th, 2020, 5:52 pm

rspann wrote:I just sell my Colorado for precisely the same reason. I just couldn't adjust to the red outside and inside. I guess I not Raj enough.

Agent 007 , Any reviews on the A5 Sportback ? I find it sexy.

And look what the new owner do to it. Carry it by Lifestyle and Raj it out more . Only the wheels they didn't do as yet.
IMG_20200320_170328.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20200320_172142.jpg

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 20th, 2020, 6:39 pm

One thing about those Colorados, it's really fast for a pickup. I think those proud NP300 and Navara owners who drive aggressively would definitely be in for a surprise if Colorado owners decide to be aggressive too.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 20th, 2020, 8:04 pm

True. Torque like that plus the acceleration could put a novice in trouble.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 20th, 2020, 8:42 pm

What's different on it? It already looked rajish. Like the Rocco hilux. Dais Raj granfadda
rspann wrote:
rspann wrote:I just sell my Colorado for precisely the same reason. I just couldn't adjust to the red outside and inside. I guess I not Raj enough.

Agent 007 , Any reviews on the A5 Sportback ? I find it sexy.

And look what the new owner do to it. Carry it by Lifestyle and Raj it out more . Only the wheels they didn't do as yet.
IMG_20200320_170328.jpg

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 21st, 2020, 5:26 am

Rollbar , flares , cladding , seats ( it came with red door inserts and center console ),grille they changing the wheels next week.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » March 21st, 2020, 9:58 am

$550,000

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » March 21st, 2020, 10:18 am

SRASC wrote:Image

$550,000

That’s not a half bad price actually, all things considered.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 21st, 2020, 10:48 am

Saw the Kia Seltos would be coming soon this would be very interesting. Also the new Sorento which looks really great and an available 1.6 Turbo Hybrid and Plug in Hybrid hope it becomes available in our market if it dosent would be a missed opportunity by the dealership.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 21st, 2020, 5:05 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:Saw the Kia Seltos would be coming soon this would be very interesting. Also the new Sorento which looks really great and an available 1.6 Turbo Hybrid and Plug in Hybrid hope it becomes available in our market if it dosent would be a missed opportunity by the dealership.
seltos starting at 210k as well... Wanna see the size of it in person too, should be bigger than the Creta

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 22nd, 2020, 11:17 am

Think I saw demo models in south last week...I thought they were the new Vitara
Shalom Vanamson wrote:Saw the Kia Seltos would be coming soon this would be very interesting. Also the new Sorento which looks really great and an available 1.6 Turbo Hybrid and Plug in Hybrid hope it becomes available in our market if it dosent would be a missed opportunity by the dealership.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 23rd, 2020, 8:31 am

Updates:

Kia Seltos has arrived. Yuck
Suzuki XL7 eta next month (just a lifted and prettier looking Ertiga) and
Jaguar I-Pace and Audi Q3 will be revealed locally soon. (Now these 2 is worth a deeper look).

SS is being sneaky with a certain Mazda that may come to our shores. I'm thinking CX9 but will not advance that any further. It will stay as a rumor for now.

My Massy source is mum on the status of the all new Altima, Sentra and Versa where our market is concerned. They probably vex I dont big up Nissan more often. So in an attempt to change that:

Surely Massy isnt serious on selling an 8yr old tired looking design sentra for 197k with rear drum brakes and halogen headlights as a means to make a profit?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 23rd, 2020, 9:01 am

Lol and those new variants of the Massy line up are attractive looking vehicles, well state side they are.
The day I get a deal on parts on the facelift Sentra model I am doing or sell whichever comes first lol.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » March 23rd, 2020, 10:28 am

agent007 wrote:Updates:

Jaguar I-Pace and Audi Q3 will be revealed locally soon. (Now these 2 is worth a deeper look).

SS is being sneaky with a certain Mazda that may come to our shores. I'm thinking CX9 but will not advance that any further. It will stay as a rumor for now.

My Massy source is mum on the status of the all new Altima, Sentra and Versa where our market is concerned. They probably vex I dont big up Nissan more often. So in an attempt to change that:

Surely Massy isnt serious on selling an 8yr old tired looking design sentra for 197k with rear drum brakes and halogen headlights as a means to make a profit?
More than likely the CX 30 ?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » March 23rd, 2020, 10:44 am

wing wrote:
agent007 wrote:Updates:

More than likely the CX 30 ?

The XL7 also a bit bigger than the Ertiga, it's wider, longer as well as higher. Should also get some little additional features like roof rails, LED head lamps with DRL's, auto a/c, different interior fabrics and internal storage spaces.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » March 23rd, 2020, 3:32 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:Also the new Sorento which looks really great and an available 1.6 Turbo Hybrid and Plug in Hybrid hope it becomes available in our market if it dosent would be a missed opportunity by the dealership.

Where did you see this? It definitely would be!!

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 23rd, 2020, 9:35 pm

sweeks wrote:
Shalom Vanamson wrote:Also the new Sorento which looks really great and an available 1.6 Turbo Hybrid and Plug in Hybrid hope it becomes available in our market if it dosent would be a missed opportunity by the dealership.

Where did you see this? It definitely would be!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUkzFYHvSP8&t=5s

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 24th, 2020, 7:44 am

2021 elantra also gonna come in with a hybrid ... Seems like the same powah train from the Ioniq.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 24th, 2020, 7:50 am

drchaos wrote:2021 elantra also gonna come in with a hybrid ... Seems like the same powah train from the Ioniq.

Yup same Horsepower and Torque figures

CloudBoi
Ricer

Postby CloudBoi » March 25th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Got a brochure for the fully loaded civic. In one word.... Disappointing.

16" rims (rather than 18), halogens (rather than led), no adaptive cruise control, no blind spot monitoring, 180 watt 6 speaker instead of the 450 watt 10 speaker audio that every other country's fully-loaded trim has. Ansa parades the vti-s as their fully loaded model, when I search to see who else sells a "vti-s" trim I find Australia, which out of their 5 trims, is the second lowest. What these dealerships really doing???
280k too!!!

I took Australia's highest trim, converted it to TTD, and it was 155k

If you robbing me, pull a gun na..I find this disrespectful.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 25th, 2020, 5:17 pm

CloudBoi wrote:Got a brochure for the fully loaded civic. In one word.... Disappointing.

16" rims (rather than 18), halogens (rather than led), no adaptive cruise control, no blind spot monitoring, 180 watt 6 speaker instead of the 450 watt 10 speaker audio that every other country's fully-loaded trim has. Ansa parades the vti-s as their fully loaded model, when I search to see who else sells a "vti-s" trim I find Australia, which out of their 5 trims, is the second lowest. What these dealerships really doing???
280k too!!!

Well....people buying, so..they will continue to do as they please as long as they are patronised.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 25th, 2020, 7:48 pm

CloudBoi wrote:Got a brochure for the fully loaded civic. In one word.... Disappointing.

280k too!!!

You forgot to add the taxes, duties and Vat .

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 25th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Perhaps user drchaos can lend some insight wrt the Civic’s packaging and features as he is an actual owner since 2016. The model he has was $255k back then which is now $279k now.

Let’s just say we go to Australia and buy a VTi-S and ship it from Sydney to POS. This would be the figures below:

$112,386. MSRP
$ 21,000. Shipping
$133,386. CIF
$ 33,346.50 25% duty
$ 7,485. MVT
$174,217.50 Sub total
$ 21,777.19 VAT
$195,994.69 FINAL PRICE

We must keep in mind, the MSRP that ANSA would pay as well as the shipping cost would be far lower than the above figure because the MSRP above includes Aussie taxes and markup etc.

I would estimate that ANSA’s final cost on that Civic turbo would be around $160k tops. They are making a cool $120k profit on each unit sold.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 25th, 2020, 10:40 pm

The Price is inflated and ANSA is playing the fool .... but not by as much as you think.

Economies of scale ... Ansa will pay higher prices vs the Australian dealers for these vehicles.
The more a distributor buys the lower the price they pay. Also Ansa will get what honda sends them, its not always up to the dealers what models and spec's they get.

slacker_83
Street 2NR

Postby slacker_83 » March 26th, 2020, 6:07 am

agent007 wrote:Perhaps user drchaos can lend some insight wrt the Civic’s packaging and features as he is an actual owner since 2016. The model he has was $255k back then which is now $279k now.

Let’s just say we go to Australia and buy a VTi-S and ship it from Sydney to POS. This would be the figures below:

$112,386. MSRP
$ 21,000. Shipping
$133,386. CIF
$ 33,346.50 25% duty
$ 7,485. MVT
$174,217.50 Sub total
$ 21,777.19 VAT
$195,994.69 FINAL PRICE

We must keep in mind, the MSRP that ANSA would pay as well as the shipping cost would be far lower than the above figure because the MSRP above includes Aussie taxes and markup etc.

I would estimate that ANSA’s final cost on that Civic turbo would be around $160k tops. They are making a cool $120k profit on each unit sold.
Base price of the VTI-S closer to $125 The EXI near 110

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » March 31st, 2020, 10:40 pm

280k too!!!

Agreed ... had a 2015 fully loaded Accord and I felt the same way .... disappointed. No matter what is said the Koreans have come far and the euros are still ahead ....

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 1st, 2020, 12:12 am

All manufactures are cutting corners unless you looking at a flagship model

I honestly thought the Korean cousins got better but they are 5 year/100k km vehicles... This also goes for budget Euro models from luxury brands.

What additional features do you look for that could potentially sway a purchasing decision; many people say features are lacking but no one says what features they were looking forward to

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”