TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby PariaMan » December 31st, 2019, 6:26 pm

Dig out eye business tax on a 1.5 is small
Dave wrote:Agreed but many ppl would still say 238k for a 1.5

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 31st, 2019, 8:04 pm

Not sure if I understand the talk about displacement. Most cars in that price bracket gonna come with 1.3-1.6 litre engines.

Go for test drives. Don’t just look at a spec sheet.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » December 31st, 2019, 10:10 pm

agent007 wrote:As someone who can judge the RAV4, CRV, CX5, Xtrail and Tucson, I can safely say that each has its uniqueness about them.

Let me start with the Tucson, when you strip that apart, you also get the bones of a Kia Sportage. To me the Sportage is just a cheaper Tucson. Kia is to Hyundai is exactly what Seat and Skoda is to Volkswagen. To me it’s a soup of general mediocrity that attracts buyers due to their features content. Our Tucson is the 2.0 MPi version and we’re so glad that we did not choose the 1.6T with DCT combo back in 2016. The epic nightmares many with these Korean vehicles as they build in age and as the warranty expires is astounding.

The RAV4 is well made and is of good quality. The handling is not as sharp as the Tucson and the rubber band stretchy feeling of a CVT is most present. The ground clearance is great too. 5.5yrs later and it runs like a Swiss chronograph time-piece.

The Xtrail is the hybrid one and the 2nd most powerful of the 5 (at 176hp). It easily outguns most typical crossovers due to emotor assist. The rubber band CVT feeling is there, this time with fake gear shifting as revs climb. A quality product but very bland. The MR20DD engine is already building carbon and that JATCO transmission is questionable like most if not all Nissan Xtronic CVT rubbish.

The CRV is pure fun and quality. It’s the only one that can challenge the Xtrail Hybrid. The 1.5t is rated at 188-190hp. The CVT does not have that rubber band feeling, the handling is good and it’s pretty spacious. I won’t doubt that most of you all might very well choose this one over the others and I won’t blame you. 25 months later and a few quirks here and there, we anticipate this vehicle will continue to work well as the years climb. We are eyeballing the oil dilution issue and are somewhat bracing for impact just in case problems arise by year 2022.

The CX5 is a much different approach towards the compact crossover. It isn’t class leading in space and power but the way this vehicle feels while driving, the overall dynamics, the looks, the quality, the sound system and that paint color which I am bold enough to say is probably the best red in the entire auto industry. The CX5 shines bright on its own, even if you order it in black. If I were to compare a CX5 to the rest of the segment, as I mentioned many times before, it’s a samurai sword in a sea of butter knives.

Let’s remove the Xtrail Hybrid from this mix since it’s a grey market import and replace it with the $419k fully loaded Massy version. That unit will be relegated to a position above the Koreans. So based on my experience with the 5, I will rate them as:

1st CX5
2nd CRV
3rd RAV4
4th Xtrail
5th Tucson

If I were to impose my list against the entire segment offered locally and internationally then my rankings would be:

Prices for top trim models available locally only...
1st CX5 2.0 ($356k)
2nd CRV 1.5t awd ($410k)
3rd Forester 2.0 awd ($459k)
4th Rav4 2.0 ($419k)
5th Xtrail 2.0 awd ($419k)
6th Outlander 2.4 awd ($?)
7th Equinox 1.5t ($290k)
8th Tucson (dual clutch) 1.6t awd ($329k)
9th Tiguan (dual clutch) 2.0t awd ($495k)
10th Cherokee 2.0t awd ($?)
11th Kuga/Escape 1.5t awd ($345k?)
12th Sportage 2.0 ($335k?)

I know your likes would be different. For some, a sunroof is important, others it’s awd. Well if those 2 features is a must together with leather seats and premium audio then your #1 is a toss between the Forester and Tiguan. The 2.0T R-Line performance of the latter will spoil you no doubt but as that vehicle ages, it will redefine what you think a money pit is. So in that case, you may take a Forester. Acceleration and performance are not the attributes you think will come from this brand that makes STI’s but rather, when in the Forester, you can pretty much go almost as far as where a stock Jeep Wrangler can. Now that’s impressive!

Disagree with this...coming from someone whose owned each of the last 3 model CRVs, sportage, xtrail and done long road trips with the cx5 (albeit euro spec) and rav 4 (ex - last model)...

I'd put the RE crv as well as current model above the respective cx5's for overall experience any day.

The cx5 gives a more...assured...cornering experience, but there's the usual tradeoff for mohombi's bumpy rides, especially on our wasa laden roads. That said, if you want a compact SUV with sporty handling while still maintaining excellent comfort, get the X1 for roughly the same price. I drove one for a week in Iceland and it handled everything the roads threw at it - loved it so much I bought one.
Apart from that, the crv excels in every other aspect. Having owned 3 vehicles from SSL, I'd never go that route again.
Loved the q5, but again given their dealer, not a chance.
Personally, I'd even take the sportage over the cx5 for its ergonomics..the reliability is rubbish though.
For pure functionality, nothing beats the xtrail.
Rav4 would be the worst of the bunch, but of course reliability is right up there. Not driven the new model, but personally find its ugly as hell. That's the one thing I'd give the cx5 - it's the most gorgeous of the Asian crew, at least in my opinion.
Only driven a forester a couple times so cant comment there.

tuffking1234
Riding on 13's

Postby tuffking1234 » January 1st, 2020, 8:43 am

agent007 wrote:As someone who can judge the RAV4, CRV, CX5, Xtrail and Tucson, I can safely say that each has its uniqueness about them.

Let me start with the Tucson, when you strip that apart, you also get the bones of a Kia Sportage. To me the Sportage is just a cheaper Tucson. Kia is to Hyundai is exactly what Seat and Skoda is to Volkswagen. To me it’s a soup of general mediocrity that attracts buyers due to their features content. Our Tucson is the 2.0 MPi version and we’re so glad that we did not choose the 1.6T with DCT combo back in 2016. The epic nightmares many with these Korean vehicles as they build in age and as the warranty expires is astounding.

The RAV4 is well made and is of good quality. The handling is not as sharp as the Tucson and the rubber band stretchy feeling of a CVT is most present. The ground clearance is great too. 5.5yrs later and it runs like a Swiss chronograph time-piece.

The Xtrail is the hybrid one and the 2nd most powerful of the 5 (at 176hp). It easily outguns most typical crossovers due to emotor assist. The rubber band CVT feeling is there, this time with fake gear shifting as revs climb. A quality product but very bland. The MR20DD engine is already building carbon and that JATCO transmission is questionable like most if not all Nissan Xtronic CVT rubbish.

The CRV is pure fun and quality. It’s the only one that can challenge the Xtrail Hybrid. The 1.5t is rated at 188-190hp. The CVT does not have that rubber band feeling, the handling is good and it’s pretty spacious. I won’t doubt that most of you all might very well choose this one over the others and I won’t blame you. 25 months later and a few quirks here and there, we anticipate this vehicle will continue to work well as the years climb. We are eyeballing the oil dilution issue and are somewhat bracing for impact just in case problems arise by year 2022.

The CX5 is a much different approach towards the compact crossover. It isn’t class leading in space and power but the way this vehicle feels while driving, the overall dynamics, the looks, the quality, the sound system and that paint color which I am bold enough to say is probably the best red in the entire auto industry. The CX5 shines bright on its own, even if you order it in black. If I were to compare a CX5 to the rest of the segment, as I mentioned many times before, it’s a samurai sword in a sea of butter knives.

Let’s remove the Xtrail Hybrid from this mix since it’s a grey market import and replace it with the $419k fully loaded Massy version. That unit will be relegated to a position above the Koreans. So based on my experience with the 5, I will rate them as:

1st CX5
2nd CRV
3rd RAV4
4th Xtrail
5th Tucson

If I were to impose my list against the entire segment offered locally and internationally then my rankings would be:

Prices for top trim models available locally only...
1st CX5 2.0 ($356k)
2nd CRV 1.5t awd ($410k)
3rd Forester 2.0 awd ($459k)
4th Rav4 2.0 ($419k)
5th Xtrail 2.0 awd ($419k)
6th Outlander 2.4 awd ($?)
7th Equinox 1.5t ($290k)
8th Tucson (dual clutch) 1.6t awd ($329k)
9th Tiguan (dual clutch) 2.0t awd ($495k)
10th Cherokee 2.0t awd ($?)
11th Kuga/Escape 1.5t awd ($345k?)
12th Sportage 2.0 ($335k?)

I know your likes would be different. For some, a sunroof is important, others it’s awd. Well if those 2 features is a must together with leather seats and premium audio then your #1 is a toss between the Forester and Tiguan. The 2.0T R-Line performance of the latter will spoil you no doubt but as that vehicle ages, it will redefine what you think a money pit is. So in that case, you may take a Forester. Acceleration and performance are not the attributes you think will come from this brand that makes STI’s but rather, when in the Forester, you can pretty much go almost as far as where a stock Jeep Wrangler can. Now that’s impressive!

Fantastic ! Not in the market for a vehicle but really appreciate your analysis...

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » January 1st, 2020, 12:20 pm

Loving the discussion

sharadu2
Street 2NR

Postby sharadu2 » January 1st, 2020, 2:59 pm

Like the discussion. Was between the CRV and CX5 and after this forum and further enquiries I’m going with the cx5. Heard the maintenance on Honda vehicles are ridiculous when it comes to pricing of parts.

arsenal32
Street 2NR

Postby arsenal32 » January 2nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

Went with the X1 instead of the others mentioned. What took it over the others was the premium feel inside and the far superior driving experience vs the CX5 (test drove both). It's a pity people shy away from European vehicles when at this 360k + price-point.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » January 2nd, 2020, 12:51 pm

Interesting choice X1 over CX5 makes sense to me since the Japanese auto dealers have choosen to price their new products up there with German luxury brands it the consumer has even more choice. What's BMW's warranty and free service period on an X1 vs a CX5?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » January 2nd, 2020, 1:11 pm

Hate the back of the cx5 . Will wait for the coupe looking one in the future when they change the rear. Was thinking if the strip joining the lights in the rear like the cx9 would make it look better. But seeing the cx30 and cx4...will wait for refresh.

sharadu2
Street 2NR

Postby sharadu2 » January 2nd, 2020, 9:37 pm

arsenal32 wrote:Went with the X1 instead of the others mentioned. What took it over the others was the premium feel inside and the far superior driving experience vs the CX5 (test drove both). It's a pity people shy away from European vehicles when at this 360k + price-point.

I did test drive the x1 but for the one that I’m interested in didn’t have memory seats or didn’t have at least electronic seats they were manual.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 2nd, 2020, 9:39 pm

Congrats arsenal! You have any pix to share :)

The x1 will get to shine vs it's current Asian competition because it's a 1.5 3 cylinder engine. It will incur less taxes. The rav4, xtrail, cx5 and forester unfortunately will get hit hard with duty and mvt.

Oddly enough, the eclipse cross 1.5t with 3 lousy airbags is priced around $300k. Performance wise it will lose the x1 but it falls short in many other areas.

The crv 1.5t leather has crept up in price from $359k to $379k and now $389k. Still a good package but I dont think ANSA is passing the reduced taxation benefits onto the consumer.

For the korean duo, the Tucson at 1.6t starts at $245k and the Sportage is now a regular 1.6 which starts at $217k and tops out at around $272k. SS will keep increasing the price of that vehicle into the territory of the previously imported 2.0 Sportages thus increasing profit margins for SS.

Then we have the Americans. The Equinox at $290k has explosive torque (best in class at 275Nm) and the 2020 Escape 1.5t will turn things around for Ford locally. I've seen that vehicle and folks, trust me when I say, that one would be an industry upsetter.

Honestly, If the $325k Tucson had an 8AT torque converter transmission instead of the DCT, this 1 could genuinely challenge the Asian and German brands based on price and features content and if Massy offered it with a 5 year warranty (instead of a 3yr warranty).

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 4th, 2020, 2:40 pm

At $700k, these STi’s sold out already...

At $550k, these special ordered Type R’s will find homes easily...Image

At less than half the price of the type r, I suspect owners of this will probably smile more per every dollar spent..
ImageImageImageImage

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 4th, 2020, 2:47 pm

That type R is sexy

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 4th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Any feedback on Kia Nero ownership? Problems with the hybrid? Reliability?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 4th, 2020, 4:16 pm

matix wrote:That type R is sexy

The other end of it looks like crap...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 4th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Any feedback on Kia Nero ownership? Problems with the hybrid? Reliability?

They are the same mechanical and electrical as the Ioniq . Both are great cars, no real problems yet. Excellent fuel economy .The parts prices are low and SS seems to have a lot in stock . Also nearly everything is compatible with those on the US market.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 5th, 2020, 9:36 pm

Time for some German love:

Audi A4 1.4T - $397k
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mercedes Benz A-Class - starting @ $312k
ImageImageImageImage

Mercedes Benz GLA200 - starts at $346k
ImageImage

BMW X1 - starts at $320k

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 6th, 2020, 10:49 am

What would be the local competitors for the respectives Xs from BMW?

There are just so much Xs

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » January 6th, 2020, 11:19 am

That x1 for 320 misleading. Its bare bones with almost no features. I went to check them this weekend as I want to purchase one for the wifey.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 6th, 2020, 11:39 am

rspann wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Any feedback on Kia Nero ownership? Problems with the hybrid? Reliability?

They are the same mechanical and electrical as the Ioniq . Both are great cars, no real problems yet. Excellent fuel economy .The parts prices are low and SS seems to have a lot in stock . Also nearly everything is compatible with those on the US market.

Thanks. Didn’t realize it’s an ioniq but makes sense.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 6th, 2020, 11:40 am

jhonnieblue wrote:That x1 for 320 misleading. Its bare bones with almost no features. I went to check them this weekend as I want to purchase one for the wifey.

People want cheap BMW. Can’t have it both ways.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 6th, 2020, 7:30 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:That x1 for 320 misleading. Its bare bones with almost no features. I went to check them this weekend as I want to purchase one for the wifey.
Dude come nah man, tell us about what you saw. I am truly interested in knowing the equipment levels :)

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 6th, 2020, 8:14 pm

A next car dawg??? You real change cars often. More than I change toothbrush. I still have the same vehicle 5 years now since you bought mines and in that time you must be change bout 3 vehicles.

By one for me nah man.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 7th, 2020, 8:53 pm

You guys were talking about the 2020 Nissan NP300 Frontier LE X-Gear for $349k recently. These are the local pics:

The attachment IMG_1647.JPG is no longer available

IMG_1647.JPG
IMG_1648.JPG
IMG_1649.JPG

Basically, the difference between this one and the LE Leather that was once sold for $309k is the blacked out rims, grill, door handles, fog lights, roof rack and wing mirrors including the orange accent line on the front bumper, side steps, wing mirrors and the vinyl accent stickers on the side of the body. Lastly, the interior has an orange inner fabric integrated into the seat cushions and the introduction of the 7 or 8inch touch screen display.
Attachments
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG
Last edited by agent007 on January 7th, 2020, 8:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » January 7th, 2020, 9:11 pm

Lol

I keep cars three years max, the sportage just passed three so I want to swap that for the x1
I'll send the specs of it later this week. Just busy these days
carluva wrote:
A next car dawg??? You real change cars often. More than I change toothbrush. I still have the same vehicle 5 years now since you bought mines and in that time you must be change bout 3 vehicles.

By one for me nah man.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 7th, 2020, 10:42 pm

So the X-Gear only has cosmetic changes..nothing performance wise?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 7th, 2020, 11:03 pm

Basically
supercharged turbo wrote:So the X-Gear only has cosmetic changes..nothing performance wise?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 8th, 2020, 12:41 am

What features are missing that you were looking for?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 8th, 2020, 8:20 am

Nothing with the new Corolla yet? Heard about it, didn't see it yet

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 8th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Ask, and it shall be given to you! $245k 1.6 fully loaded. See pics below:
IMG_1680.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG