TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago 2016

Postby carluva » March 30th, 2016, 12:46 am

Sorento looks ok... But its southern sales... Havent heard anything good bout them from anyone. Shame....

samurai007
Riding on 13's

Postby samurai007 » March 30th, 2016, 5:08 am

Gladiator wrote:
samurai007 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
samurai007 wrote:hi friends...
looking for a suv/cuv within the range of 300k.
Except for front grill and fog lights, kia sporage 2016 is very tempting ..considering the price and number of features(300k/fully loaded). but heard so many negative comments about southern sales...sooo confused whether to go with them or look for alternatives...please give your valuable suggestions/alternative suv within my range.

RAV 4

thanks for the reply
but,any specific reason for RAV4?

Pretty reliable with a solid build and good power. Sips gas with the CVT. Handles like a boat (SUV I guess).

Packed with safety features and much better looking than the sportage. Currently have a friend that had to wait 6 weeks to get a replacement tailgate for the sportage.

thanks gladiator for your reply.i appreciate.

samurai007
Riding on 13's

Postby samurai007 » March 30th, 2016, 5:18 am

carluva wrote:Sorento looks ok... But its southern sales... Havent heard anything good bout them from anyone. Shame....

why so much negativity about southern sales?? any specific reason??
i am planning to buy a sportage 2016....but after seeing so much criticism about southern sales...now i am wondering whether my choice is right or wrong?
your opinions/suggestions are appreciated.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 30th, 2016, 6:50 am

tacf85 wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:http://youtu.be/Q3x21X6TCqg

For those looking for seven seater suvs check out the new Sorento

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came to realize if I do purchase a 7 seater there will not be any trunk space for beach limes or outings with family. Thank God is only 3 kids I'm having so my best option is to purchase a pickup and invest in some narrow car seats.

Nice vehicle though..

U do know that with 7seater SUVs the 3rd row folds away for cargo space right?

And u do know that a pick up is less safe and without a proper tray cover fitted ur stuff is exposed to the elements? And you need to come out the van to get anything you need!

I'm telling u this cuz my sister is going thru the same now with her 4 kids.

They need to seel their hilix to get a 7seater SUV

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 30th, 2016, 7:53 am

samurai007 wrote:
carluva wrote:Sorento looks ok... But its southern sales... Havent heard anything good bout them from anyone. Shame....

i am planning to buy a sportage 2016....but after seeing so much criticism about southern sales...now i am wondering whether my choice is right or wrong?

My cousin took his sportage in recently for a service. They called and told him that his brake pads are "badly worn" and needed changing, so he authorized it. They put the old brake pads in the trunk for him, when he checked them out they were only halfway worn.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » March 30th, 2016, 8:12 am

Stuff like that you should easily be able to note for yourself without being surprised about what parts need to be changed prior to service.
That being said Massey and bess auto are just as bad or worse. It all depends on your level of involvement to who is fixing your car. Would you just drop your vehicle off just so to complete strangers( all service centers are strangers) without an idea if what need to be changed?

I know of people that have been with southern sales and they complain less than massy etc. I have had rip offs by classic motors on my sisters civic. So don't view these service centers as better or worse..you have a responsibility as well

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 30th, 2016, 9:15 am

drchaos wrote:
samurai007 wrote:

My cousin took his sportage in recently for a service. They called and told him that his brake pads are "badly worn" and needed changing, so he authorized it. They put the old brake pads in the trunk for him, when he checked them out they were only halfway worn.

That's normal for dealerships ... Ask yourself if the 'other half' of pad would've made it to the next service seeing that appointments are so hard to get at SS.
Generally dealerships change brake pads more frequently that most people would like.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 30th, 2016, 9:35 am

samurai007 wrote:

All dealerships give some sort or run around time for service but i have heard the worst stories with SS. My coworker has a sportage and shes always complaining bout SS service. There always charging her for smtgh they claim she needs and her husband always falling out with them.

Wife's cousin had an old model bt50 which was always pulling to the left. No matter how many times he spoke to SS They told him that the chassis was bent and this was manufacturers defect. Van was parked up for months. He took it by anther mechanic and turns out it was a bolt not properly torqued on the front shock mount causing the suspension to be poorly "tuned" and van pulled to the left.

Me personally, i was considering one of their vehicles even paid down on one. Then when i started to reconsider (after hearing more stories and getting a better deal on a rav 4) the sales manager said i strung them along and wasted their time. Maybe true, but as a sales person, manager no less, you dont tell customers those things. He got a mouthful from me and that sealed the deal for me... I took back my money and went elsewhere.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 30th, 2016, 9:37 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
tacf85 wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:http://youtu.be/Q3x21X6TCqg

For those looking for seven seater suvs check out the new Sorento

I came to realize if I do purchase a 7 seater there will not be any trunk space for beach limes or outings with family. Thank God is only 3 kids I'm having so my best option is to purchase a pickup and invest in some narrow car seats.

Nice vehicle though..

U do know that with 7seater SUVs the 3rd row folds away for cargo space right?

And u do know that a pick up is less safe and without a proper tray cover fitted ur stuff is exposed to the elements? And you need to come out the van to get anything you need!

I'm telling u this cuz my sister is going thru the same now with her 4 kids.

They need to seel their hilix to get a 7seater SUV

What are they looking to get?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 30th, 2016, 4:01 pm

drchaos wrote:
samurai007 wrote:

That is sad... My question is what did he compare it to, in order to find out it was halfway worn.
Another easy check.... If it took a certain mileage to go through approximately half the brake pad... It is safe to assume that the other half should last for a little less than that mileage with similar driving.

So if you cut through about half the brake pad in 5000km... We not sure if you could make the next 5000km service without hearing about you in the news...:razz:

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 30th, 2016, 9:38 pm

In the end its his fault I agree but the dealer should have been more honest.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » March 31st, 2016, 1:31 pm

kamakazi wrote:
drchaos wrote:
samurai007 wrote:

That is sad... My question is what did he compare it to, in order to find out it was halfway worn.
Another easy check.... If it took a certain mileage to go through approximately half the brake pad... It is safe to assume that the other half should last for a little less than that mileage with similar driving.

So if you cut through about half the brake pad in 5000km... We not sure if you could make the next 5000km service without hearing about you in the news...:razz:

And if they didnt change them and he got in an accident due to low brakes he would say why didnt the firm change the brake pads last time he went to service.
Can't please people nah

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » March 31st, 2016, 7:07 pm

cinco wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
drchaos wrote:
samurai007 wrote:

And if they didnt change them and he got in an accident due to low brakes he would say why didnt the firm change the brake pads last time he went to service.
Can't please people nah

Just to chime in here due to some driving habits and the constant stop and go traffic most of us face, there are cases where pads are start becoming glazed , when this happens you have deglaze the pad and clean the rotors. De glazing the pad requires the removal of some material which does not make much sense if the pad is on its way out, its better they just replace it, in the case they believe it may not last till the next service(Customer Safety first, thats why they call and advise)

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » March 31st, 2016, 7:27 pm

Just took delivery

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 31st, 2016, 8:00 pm

Moarrrr pixzz plz

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 31st, 2016, 8:04 pm

On the topic of servicing
How much does it cost to service vehicles at their respective dealership

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » March 31st, 2016, 9:16 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Image

Just took delivery

Interested to hear about your experience with SS.

Why do they always leave those stickers on the tyres and barcode stickers, etc on the glass?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 31st, 2016, 9:39 pm

kamakazi wrote:On the topic of servicing

Toyota about 900 to 1200 for a "routine" service which includes the basics and alignment. 3000 to 4000 for a major service.

Suzuki about 600 to 900 for a regular service. Havent done a major service but was told that its about 1800 to 2000.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » March 31st, 2016, 10:06 pm

ImageImage

So far with southern sales they seem to be pretty much like massy. Same length of time between scheduling of services. Basic derive cost estimated at 700-800. Most likely that's oil and tire rotation. Cant see much else being done from what I enquired. Not going in with any high expectations as I have vans with massy, Toyota and a car with classic. Everyone service pretty much on part. Classic service seems most robust from exp. Toyota..bleh...rip off..massy..patience is a virtue with them.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 31st, 2016, 11:03 pm

Yeah massy on their own timing. My dad's XV had some sensors go kaput about 6 months before the warranty expired. I called massy and they said the only available date they could look at it was in two weeks time. They also said do not drive the vehicle until they diagnose the problem and they said no courtesy until they bring the vehicle in ...
Lady was very polite tho :shock:

arsenal32
Street 2NR

Postby arsenal32 » April 1st, 2016, 10:01 am

are van prices on the 1st page updated and any word on new model bt50, ranger etc coming this year?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 1st, 2016, 10:47 am

Well call and find out and let us know if they need updating. Why people does be fraid to call dealers so ...

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 1st, 2016, 3:27 pm

The facelifted bt50 is in the showroom.... I like the smiley face one better though

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 1st, 2016, 3:34 pm

kamakazi wrote:The facelifted bt50 is in the showroom.... I like the smiley face one better though

On the road already bro
Seen a few already

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » April 1st, 2016, 3:53 pm

drchaos wrote:Well call and find out and let us know if they need updating. Why people does be fraid to call dealers so ...

Allyuh realise prices change almost every month?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 1st, 2016, 5:43 pm

cinco wrote:
drchaos wrote:Well call and find out and let us know if they need updating. Why people does be fraid to call dealers so ...

Allyuh realise prices change almost every month?

Nah but now we realise

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 1st, 2016, 6:07 pm

If we tell them the prices not up to date will they not purchase a new vehicle?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 4th, 2016, 11:11 am

kamakazi wrote:On the topic of servicing

With my Lancer at Diamond Motors services used to average between $700 - $1200

I have done one service with Massy for my Tucson so far and it was $1300. Not reasonable IMO.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 4th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Thanks for the info

bess almera
Sweet on this forum

Postby bess almera » April 4th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Anyone knows Volvo's line up and prices?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”