TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Gladiator » February 23rd, 2021, 7:09 pm

A172 wrote:my shillings are ready

Looks so much better than the current W205. Never liked the shape of the W205 something about the rear was just wrong.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 24th, 2021, 2:15 am

I am curious as to the wattage on those laser lights. Also, I actually prefer the exterior of the G20 but the interior of the W206. Either way, still awesome. Well done!
A172 wrote:
agent007 wrote:Admit it, you done secretly ordered one and yuh say fire bun that Type-S?
lol boy i still want a little toy to play with, torn between a Type S and CTR

will def be getting the W206 though

regarding the lasers it a lot more advanced than LEDs. Does cool things like go around oncoming cars, move in real time with the steering(much different to adaptive) and in terms of output it nothing short of amazing

lowered it and installed the M Performance BBK

1095148997.jpeg
567797369.jpeg

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 24th, 2021, 2:28 am

Dizzy, I think I do recall you having a Tucson but I did not know it was the 4wd model. Have you any light offroading experiences with it?

Concerning the performance, a couple years ago, a massy employee told me that they ran a Forester XT against a fwd Tucson and said Forester could only muster a 1 car length gap. Let that sink in for a moment. A 2.0T SAWD Forester almost got walked by a Tucson?

Whether true or not, mathematics tells me that the weight advantage the Tucson has over a Forester plus the advantage of having the DCT (which eats less HP than a CVT transmission) could theoretically give that outcome. Whatever it is, I glad for them!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 24th, 2021, 9:28 am

agent007 wrote:Dizzy, I think I do recall you having a Tucson but I did not know it was the 4wd model. Have you any light offroading experiences with it?

Concerning the performance, a couple years ago, a massy employee told me that they ran a Forester XT against a fwd Tucson and said Forester could only muster a 1 car length gap. Let that sink in for a moment. A 2.0T SAWD Forester almost got walked by a Tucson?

Whether true or not, mathematics tells me that the weight advantage the Tucson has over a Forester plus the advantage of having the DCT (which eats less HP than a CVT transmission) could theoretically give that outcome. Whatever it is, I glad for them!

No offroading whatsoever.

Used the 4x4 twice - once I got stuck in mud in a savannah where there was parking for an event and rain fell. Was a bit funny because the vehicle next to me was a Kia Sportage FWD but with glass roof and thing and they had to get a Hilux to come pull them out as the front wheels just kept spinning in the mud.

2nd time at night I went down a drain I didn't see and one rear wheel and one front wheel were the only two touching the ground. Was pretty easy getting out.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 24th, 2021, 9:43 am

These are the things I like to hear! I presume it’s a reactive system where the rear wheels receive torque on-demand? Some people are of the opinion that a crossover is already a poser in front of a true SUV. What would they say about a 2WD crossover? You made a good choice. You may not have turbo or a glass roof, but your ride has the capability to bail you out of sticky situations, which based on your feedback, it did!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 24th, 2021, 10:23 am

agent007 wrote:These are the things I like to hear! I presume it’s a reactive system where the rear wheels receive torque on-demand? Some people are of the opinion that a crossover is already a poser in front of a true SUV. What would they say about a 2WD crossover? You made a good choice. You may not have turbo or a glass roof, but your ride has the capability to bail you out of sticky situations, which based on your feedback, it did!

It did but had had I owned a car or even the FWD Tucson I might not have parked in the savanna to start with (I may have still gotten stuck in the drain :D)

The trade off in price for the feature is somewhat debateable and may vary from person to person.
At the time I bought my vehicle the only difference b/t the FWD and 4x4 versions of the Tucson apart from the drive train was the rim size (17" to 18"), Leather wrapped steering and knob shifter and some extra chrome for $20k more. Was it worth it in the end? /shrugs/

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 24th, 2021, 11:27 am

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 24th, 2021, 11:27 am

Great achievement for such a small company.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » February 24th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:anyone checked out the suzuki ciaz yet? cng ready 3 years warranty. 164 i think.

and Lifestyle Motors and RBC are offering 10years financing

LSM_FebruaryOffer_AC_210201_google_Ciaz (1).jpg

$144k for the normal gas model vs $164k for the CNG equipped model? $20k to install a CNG kit now? It's like LSM used the Honda City CNG as a price reference and just put their price a bit under it to cut into the Honda City's market.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 24th, 2021, 3:56 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:anyone checked out the suzuki ciaz yet? cng ready 3 years warranty. 164 i think.

$144k for the normal gas model vs $164k for the CNG equipped model? $20k to install a CNG kit now? It's like LSM used the Honda City CNG as a price reference and just put their price a bit under it to cut into the Honda City's market.

Installation would be an additional cost, then add a mark up on it. You also getting a 3 year warranty on the car and CNG system (that also costs money from the dealerships perspective). Added to that, the Ciaz is a bigger car than the City, and it's still cheaper, so all in all it's not such a bad deal. The Ciaz by itself is extremely fuel efficient, added to the fact that the Ciaz has been on the market for some time and has stood up pretty well, I think it's an alternative to the City that is worth consideration.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » February 24th, 2021, 10:30 pm

agent007 wrote:Dizzy, I think I do recall you having a Tucson but I did not know it was the 4wd model. Have you any light offroading experiences with it?

If that was a tucson turbo it should do 0-60 in 7.9 seconds, forester xt should be 6.3 seconds, that's a good bit in car talk lol

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 24th, 2021, 11:51 pm

Zando, my maths could be a lil rusty but given those figures above, by the time the Tucson hits 100kmph, the XT would be 16 car lengths ahead lol. That's a really bad cut tail there! In the real world and given our environment (temperature, humidity, pressure, elevation) and status of the TMIC which is more prone to heat soak, I wouldn't doubt a much smaller gap.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 24th, 2021, 11:58 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

So the Ciaz CNG is a retrofitted vehicle? They wicked to install such a tank in a car with a 1.4L barely pushing past 91HP.

Since CNG got installed in hundreds of vehicles over the years and theoretically dropping HP since then, 1.6TS drivers have been getting more confident.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » February 25th, 2021, 6:19 am

Saw the new elantra on the road. ..its like origami on wheels.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » February 25th, 2021, 8:05 am

aaron17 wrote:Saw the new elantra on the road. ..its like origami on wheels.
That is the description I was looking for and couldnt find that word....lol

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 25th, 2021, 8:27 am

agent007 wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

So the Ciaz CNG is a retrofitted vehicle? They wicked to install such a tank in a car with a 1.4L barely pushing past 91HP.

Since CNG got installed in hundreds of vehicles over the years and theoretically dropping HP since then, 1.6TS drivers have been getting more confident.

lolz, dem TS men again! In the context of the Ciaz, I don't think a man would look to by that to play Paulesh Walker and Vinood Dieselsingh! That set up is more for saving on fuel and getting more mileage! On that note the Ciaz comes with a 70L CNG tank when compared to the City's 65L CNG tank. Think it's just $1 more to full up, may not be a vast difference, but it would def you give you a little extra mileage at the end of the day.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 25th, 2021, 9:05 am

In reality what does on average a 65-70l CNG tank yield in terms of Kms driven.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 25th, 2021, 9:07 am

aaron17 wrote:Saw the new elantra on the road. ..its like origami on wheels.

Lol!!
Apt description indeed.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 25th, 2021, 9:58 am

Dave wrote:In reality what does on average a 65-70l CNG tank yield in terms of Kms driven.

That in itself is subjective in nature, based on how you drive and the kind of driving you do. From what i've heard from CNG drivers, they get between 180km to 240km on a 65L, and range of between 190km to 260km on a 70L tank. Not a very significant difference.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 25th, 2021, 10:10 am

Thanks. Know subjective on driving habits. Just wanted an idea.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 25th, 2021, 10:17 am

So the Ciaz standard range is what 500 plus a 200 from the CNG? That's a guaranteed 700. While not bad, I still believe the Prius C, Ioniq and Niro would be better.

Now, given the additional cost for those hybrids, the Ciaz owner still "saves" by getting a cheaper car. Now where safety is concerned, for those of us who are fanatical when it comes to having airbags, how much does a Ciaz have? Just 2 right? Can the Ciaz hold up against some European and American NCAPs? I can safely say, the Ioniq and Niro is guaranteed to have a better safety cage.

But dont get me wrong, LSM is being creative to survive this harsh period in car sales which is extremely slow. Offering a CNG means they trying to tap into a market, they once had 0 presence in. Kudos to them.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 25th, 2021, 2:19 pm

A172, this is for you:

2020 STi with EJ25T and Recaro leather seats. $700k
IMG_3312.JPG

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 25th, 2021, 4:54 pm

agent007 wrote:So the Ciaz standard range is what 500 plus a 200 from the CNG? That's a guaranteed 700. While not bad, I still believe the Prius C, Ioniq and Niro would be better.

Now, given the additional cost for those hybrids, the Ciaz owner still "saves" by getting a cheaper car. Now where safety is concerned, for those of us who are fanatical when it comes to having airbags, how much does a Ciaz have? Just 2 right? Can the Ciaz hold up against some European and American NCAPs? I can safely say, the Ioniq and Niro is guaranteed to have a better safety cage.

But dont get me wrong, LSM is being creative to survive this harsh period in car sales which is extremely slow. Offering a CNG means they trying to tap into a market, they once had 0 presence in. Kudos to them.

True, when it comes to safety, but I can tell you from personal experience that I had a Ciaz for a 2 weeks and I got around 700km (highway run / North South) on a tank of gas. So it's more like 900km combined. The 1.4L engine is very frugal on gas consumption.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 25th, 2021, 4:55 pm

Capleton wrote:
agent007 wrote:So the Ciaz standard range is what 500 plus a 200 from the CNG? That's a guaranteed 700. While not bad, I still believe the Prius C, Ioniq and Niro would be better.

True, when it comes to safety, but I can tell you from personal experience that I had a Ciaz for a 2 weeks and I got around 700km (highway run / North South) on a tank of gas. So it's more like 900km combined. The 1.4L engine is very frugal on gas consumption.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 25th, 2021, 5:00 pm

:shock: Dude....900 yuh say dey yunno. Well this changes things greatly for a lurker. Good info!

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » February 25th, 2021, 8:22 pm

My Ioniq averages 900km after three years still so if this is making anywhere from 800km up, that's a huge win
Capleton wrote:

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » February 25th, 2021, 9:34 pm

agent007 wrote:A172, this is for you:

408664030.jpeg
Going with the CTR bro

Saw a same white PDZ Sti yesterday and tbh it just looked like a regular impreza, it really looks outdated af now

CTR is much more modern & faster than the STi

408664030.jpeg

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » February 25th, 2021, 11:05 pm

A172 wrote:
agent007 wrote:A172, this is for you:

IMG_3312.JPG
Going with the CTR bro

Saw a same white PDZ Sti yesterday and tbh it just looked like a regular impreza, it really looks outdated af now

CTR is much more modern & faster than the STi

408664030.jpeg

Ahhh boy

You and I really have similar tastes.

Eyeing one of these in the hopefully not so far future as well. I know some ppl don’t fancy how it looks though.
Either the CTR or maybe Yaris GR.

Agreed. This generation sti looks basic and not as fun to drive

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 25th, 2021, 11:35 pm

Well it’s a bit dated now, more so the interior so yeah I agree. To me, the selling point for that STi is the SAWD system paired with the boxer engine for lower center of gravity, sharp turn in response and of course 0 torque steer. If I had 300hp to play with on T&T’s roads, I would prefer power sent to all 4 wheels as opposed to 2. But those CTR’s are truly insane.

Scotty, check tcfs, senor concrete selling his rs at a bargain price. Surprised it ain’t gone yet. That’s if you gentlemen are into Ford lol.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » February 26th, 2021, 5:34 am

agent007 wrote:Well it’s a bit dated now, more so the interior so yeah I agree. To me, the selling point for that STi is the SAWD system paired with the boxer engine for lower center of gravity, sharp turn in response and of course 0 torque steer. If I had 300hp to play with on T&T’s roads, I would prefer power sent to all 4 wheels as opposed to 2. But those CTR’s are truly insane.

Scotty, check tcfs, senor concrete selling his rs at a bargain price. Surprised it ain’t gone yet. That’s if you gentlemen are into Ford lol.

Yep I was looking at that too. But those RS known to have engine head problems. Which sometimes may need a new head and that’s $$$$ and headache I don’t want to deal with.
It supposedly was fixed in MY2018 but still had some owners complaining of engine problems.
And I’ve also had bad experience with Ansa in upholding international recalls.

Otherwise I wouldn’t have mind that either.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”