TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby carluva » February 8th, 2021, 10:22 pm

Duane... Can invitations to car launches and test drives also be extended to fellow tuners? I'd like to go one next time...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 8th, 2021, 10:27 pm

carluva wrote:Duane... Can invitations to car launches and test drives also be extended to fellow tuners? I'd like to go one next time...

This one was actually virtual, due to the pandemic.
So was the Porsche Taycan launch.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=356156&start=14940#p10129103
https://www.trinituner.com/v4/driving-i ... nd-tobago/

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 8th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Very nice, but I'm pretty sure the styling won't age well.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » February 9th, 2021, 12:19 am

A172 wrote:yikes

Ditto.

Bold design though. Definitely stands out.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 9th, 2021, 5:26 pm

Still nuh buying a hyundai because Han said so

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » February 9th, 2021, 6:44 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:

Ditto.

like a bad rash

knorgriff
3NE 2NR for life

Postby knorgriff » February 9th, 2021, 7:36 pm

A172 wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:

Ditto.

like a bad rash

ahahahhhahh

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » February 9th, 2021, 8:58 pm

They have an N-line version 2.0 turbo... wonder if they would bring those... the taxes would be higher tho.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2021, 5:15 pm

Question... Is it more expensive for dealers to bring in smaller displacement turbocharged versions of the same vehicles already being sold... I'm thinking that the prices should be similar with more money going towards the car and less going towards engine displacement VAT.

Toyota has a 1.2 turbo Corolla
Hyundai has a 1.0 turbo i20
Suzuki has a 1.0 turbo swift
Honda has a 1.0 turbo Civic
Nissan has a small Renault turbo engine

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » February 11th, 2021, 11:29 am

AUDI e-tron GT Launch Event

Comparison to Porsche Taycan

Camo mule test drive

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 12th, 2021, 8:32 am

kamakazi wrote:Question... Is it more expensive for dealers to bring in smaller displacement turbocharged versions of the same vehicles already being sold... I'm thinking that the prices should be similar with more money going towards the car and less going towards engine displacement VAT.

It's not that straight forward for dealers to just bring in another model/engine variant. For the most part the manufacturers build specific models for specific markets and in specific quantities. For that to happen, the manufacturers would have to alter there production line, which is something easier said than done. It may be a something for dealers to consider, but it definitely would take some time and serious negotiation to get it done.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 12th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Some questions on the Mazda 6 if there are any Tuners that are familiar. What's the HP rating of the model that Southern Sales brings? Also does it come with the 17" rims or 19" rims.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 14th, 2021, 11:26 am

Hi guys, I just want to thank everyone who messaged me via several mediums to find out if all is well. I’m now somewhat back online and I’ve got a lot to share and respond to. To start with the most recent, Gladiator, the Mazda 6 has the same drivetrain as the CX5. Only 1 model is imported which is the entry version since the 2.5 is no longer feasible due to increased taxes about 3 years now. So the specs should be 154hp and 200Nm torque mated to a 6AT transmission and yes, it comes with 17” rims. Now, in Malaysia for example, the engine is tuned for 162hp and 213Nm of torque (perhaps SS should confirm which state of tune they get but I reckon it’s the lower output based on what our Caribbean neighbors receive). I posted pics a few pages back. Till a bit later guys, keep safe.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 14th, 2021, 9:28 pm

agent007 wrote:Hi guys, I just want to thank everyone who messaged me via several mediums to find out if all is well. I’m now somewhat back online and I’ve got a lot to share and respond to. To start with the most recent, Gladiator, the Mazda 6 has the same drivetrain as the CX5. Only 1 model is imported which is the entry version since the 2.5 is no longer feasible due to increased taxes about 3 years now. So the specs should be 154hp and 200Nm torque mated to a 6AT transmission and yes, it comes with 17” rims. Now, in Malaysia for example, the engine is tuned for 162hp and 213Nm of torque (perhaps SS should confirm which state of tune they get but I reckon it’s the lower output based on what our Caribbean neighbors receive). I posted pics a few pages back. Till a bit later guys, keep safe.

Thank You

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » February 15th, 2021, 7:15 am

The facelift NP300 suppose to arrive by June according a massy sales rep and the fully loaded NT32 increased to 465K….that’s an whole 11K increase any real reasons for this?

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » February 16th, 2021, 1:03 pm

good gawdd.....

Good gawd.jpg

dese tingz fugly.jpg

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » February 16th, 2021, 1:42 pm

Remind me of those old school vacuum cleaner with the light on the front

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » February 16th, 2021, 3:09 pm

Hope it looks better in person, but don't think that may be the case...
:|

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 16th, 2021, 4:32 pm

kamakazi wrote:Question... Is it more expensive for dealers to bring in smaller displacement turbocharged versions of the same vehicles already being sold... I'm thinking that the prices should be similar with more money going towards the car and less going towards engine displacement VAT.

1. Ansa has all their Honda CRVs as 1.5L Turbo and it is still competing price-wise with the 2.0Ls Toyota Rav4, Nissan Xtrail and VW Tiguan
2. Small displacement engines that are turbocharged are great new, but in the long run, they don't have the longevity of NA engine.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » February 16th, 2021, 4:51 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:good gawdd.....

Good gawd.jpg

dese tingz fugly.jpg
WTF is that???

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 16th, 2021, 8:24 pm

Well I called Toyota Trinidad today to find out about the Camry Hybrid and I nearly shat myself when the oman bawl $800k maybe a little more...WTF Toyota really???

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » February 16th, 2021, 9:06 pm

Habit7 wrote:

1. Ansa has all their Honda CRVs as 1.5L Turbo and it is still competing price-wise with the 2.0Ls Toyota Rav4, Nissan Xtrail and VW Tiguan
2. Small displacement engines that are turbocharged are great new, but in the long run, they don't have the longevity of NA engine.

Yea I don’t get what’s Ansa Mcal’s rationale for selling the 1.5l CRV close to the price of the Rav4 2.0l where the difference in tax is around 100k.

Also, in my opinion, regarding the point that most people share that small displacement turbo engines are unreliable compared to NA engines, is becoming moot as of within the last 2-3 years.
Manufacturers these days know more now on how to make engines that can better tolerate the stresses of turbos compared to their first gen engines.
Example: VAG’s newer EA211 vs the older problematic EA111 engines.

VAG, Ford etc. has been doing this a while now.
Toyota and Honda, on the other hand, are relatively new to the mass market small displacement turbo engines.
But, they’re always late to adopt new technologies for obvious reasons.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 17th, 2021, 12:36 am

Habit7 wrote:

Really?
Brother in law's tiguan 2.0 turbo onto its second owner (family friend), is coming up on 9 years old and no engine issues.

Brothers old 2.0 turbo subaru legacy, now owned by my cousin is currently 11 years old without any engine issues

My current 1.5 turbo civic is coming up on 5 years this year, nil engine issues thus far, had the mechanic check the intake valves with the last service 3 weeks ago and they were clean even though it is a direct injection engine ( granted I only have 36K Km on the car).

The only engine issues we have had with new car purchases in the family is a relative who had a NA subaru 1.6L with a leaking head gasket that blew the engine.

I think its safe to say you can get around 10 years easy out of turbocharged engines these days.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 17th, 2021, 6:33 am

Don't think 2.0 litre falls into the category of small displacement turbo engines; maybe in america

I would say anything up to and including 1.5l
Or
anything that doesn't fall into the higher displacement "engine tax" bracket

On a side note VW didn't do this small displacement turbo category any favors.
You dodged the bullet with your 1.4tsi, but I'm sure more than one person with a cracked piston would have something to say.
I also hope that you in law doesn't have the 2.0 timing chain timebomb Tiguan

drchaos wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Really?
Brother in law's tiguan 2.0 turbo onto its second owner (family friend), is coming up on 9 years old and no engine issues.

Brothers old 2.0 turbo subaru legacy, now owned by my cousin is currently 11 years old without any engine issues

My current 1.5 turbo civic is coming up on 5 years this year, nil engine issues thus far, had the mechanic check the intake valves with the last service 3 weeks ago and they were clean even though it is a direct injection engine ( granted I only have 36K Km on the car).

The only engine issues we have had with new car purchases in the family is a relative who had a NA subaru 1.6L with a leaking head gasket that blew the engine.

I think its safe to say you can get around 10 years easy out of turbocharged engines these days.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 17th, 2021, 10:35 am

Yea a 2.0L Turbo isnt small displacement engine even for an SUV. The issue will be with 1.3L turbo engines and smaller,esp as the vehicle gets heavier. VAG has SUVs with 1.0 TSi and that is a no go for me.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 17th, 2021, 10:58 pm

That Jetta 1.4 TSI was special ... to say the least.
From what I have heard the Massy rental vehicles had a higher number of pistons cracking vs the regular cars. Massy was wondering if it had to do with people using super. But I heard of 2 people using premium all the way and they had the same problem.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 18th, 2021, 8:26 am

drchaos wrote:That Jetta 1.4 TSI was special ... to say the least.
From what I have heard the Massy rental vehicles had a higher number of pistons cracking vs the regular cars. Massy was wondering if it had to do with people using super. But I heard of 2 people using premium all the way and they had the same problem.

I know of 2 persons who had to change their transmission in these vehicles too.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 18th, 2021, 10:29 am

Thoughts on the new Honda HRV? Looks pretty good. Much like the new civic coming out. I find it looks like a mini Porsche Cayenne exterior wise.

Mark!

Postby Mark! » February 19th, 2021, 8:11 am

aaron17 wrote:Thoughts on the new Honda HRV? Looks pretty good. Much like the new civic coming out. I find it looks like a mini Porsche Cayenne exterior wise.

Looks like a Tucson

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 19th, 2021, 11:16 am

They have a full EV version of the HRV in China, I wish they would make it more widely available.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”