TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby DJ Q » January 8th, 2021, 3:32 pm

10% checking in

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 8th, 2021, 8:19 pm

On the flip side, we must demand proper treatment from professionalism to customer service from these 7 authorized dealership entities.

When one purchases a new vehicle, please guys (I know you all watch this thread and probably contribute too), clean those vehicles properly before delivery.

Many sales people or dealership staff, have this habit of leaving the factory supplied floor mats in the trunk and instead place a plastic or a cardboardish type or brown paper material over the carpet which gets twisted up so much that muck and grime is spilt onto the carpet. Some don't put anything at all. On the day of delivery, the sales reps would cover up that mess by putting the factory supplied mats over the carpet, giving you the illusion that all is well under there. Even after a supposed vacuum, the carpet is always not properly cleaned.

Whoever details the vehicles before delivery generally do a piss poor job. Brand new vehicles, almost 99% of them require paint correction straight from the showroom floor. No wonder many vehicles go to get autocliniqued or karimkhaned upon delivery.

Now about that showroom floor thing, you would think your car is delivered in air conditioned comfort over some glassy looking porcelain tiles. Think again. Some deliveries are done on the yard, under an eve or a shed. Some just plain ridiculous and have your vehicle in the hot blazing sun or in rainy weather parked there in the open yard, subject to all climate elements, waiting for you to collect.

All brand new vehicles should be delivered within a section of the showroom where it can easily be driven out. The term "showroom vehicle" is derived from that experience duh! Some vehicles never see a showroom, it's from the port to bond and from bond to dealership's parking lot.

Then there's new vehicles with a bunch of stones stuck in the grips of the tyres. Like where have you all been? Did the drivers visit a sand pit down Claxton Bay before delivery?

Also, dirty undercarriages. Nothing turns me off to see a stink undercarriage in a vehicle about to be delivered. These drivers, where did they go? Rallying in a mud track in Gran Couva? Gosh man, clean the bloody thing cause we know dealership drivers will be flogging those new vehicles during hard rain for a set of road grime and slush to stick up all over. It's even more obvious when you purchase a vehicle that comes with the spare tyre mounted below the vehicle. Think pickups and vehicles such as Sorento and Prado etc. I can bet 100% guarantee that you will see stink muck under there when taking delivery because they gave it a quick wash. It have sprangers in POS who can wash cars better than some dealers and all they have is 1 bucket of water and 1 cloth.

Many owners overlook these things when taking delivery of a vehicle and its a shame that in this day and age, where vehicles are so expensive now, it's like taking out another mortgage. At least dealerships can go the extra mile and treat their inventory properly before it is delivered. After all, their healthy margins are getting better and our salaries are not. At least we deserve it, not so?

Invest in vehicle carriers like we see them in the US for example. It avoids new vehicles from getting stone chips and from getting dirty unnecessarily.

Just my $0.02

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 8th, 2021, 9:03 pm

You are so right even Jamaica have vehicle carriers for delivery from port to showroom.

Agent time for you to buy some carriers and get the contract from the stealerships!

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 8th, 2021, 10:03 pm

Went to Southern Sales last year to view a vehicle. The showroom didn't have the model so the rep carry me to the yard. The vehicle was kept in a horrible condition, grime, dirt, all rotors rusty, windscreens could hardly see through, mud on tires.... turn me off one time.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 9th, 2021, 10:24 am

I had the same experience a few years ago with POS branch when looking at a Mazda.

Plus their Mazda showroom is so run down and disgusting.
Gladiator wrote:Went to Southern Sales last year to view a vehicle. The showroom didn't have the model so the rep carry me to the yard. The vehicle was kept in a horrible condition, grime, dirt, all rotors rusty, windscreens could hardly see through, mud on tires.... turn me off one time.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » January 9th, 2021, 11:32 am

carluva wrote:I had the same experience a few years ago with POS branch when looking at a Mazda.

Plus their Mazda showroom is so run down and disgusting.
Gladiator wrote:Went to Southern Sales last year to view a vehicle. The showroom didn't have the model so the rep carry me to the yard. The vehicle was kept in a horrible condition, grime, dirt, all rotors rusty, windscreens could hardly see through, mud on tires.... turn me off one time.
Looks like they are finally building a new showroom... Customer comfort and service seems to be pretty far down on their priority list tho.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » January 9th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Same situation with my np300, if I had known my paint would come in that condition then give me my van dirty and mossy from the yard. One set of swirl marks on my paint jed and as usual they are not to be held accountable. And is black too.

I'm about to hop in my first service, checklist is to do oil and oil filter (no air filter) . Quoted $1500. I'm sorry but 1500 and they wouldn't check a bolt more? They say at 20k due for suspension torq up and run through of the van. Madness, a slap in the face compared to how the d40 was initially serviced from them.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » January 9th, 2021, 12:43 pm

agent007 wrote:..Invest in vehicle carriers like we see them in the US for example. It avoids new vehicles from getting stone chips and from getting dirty unnecessarily..

drchaos wrote:You are so right even Jamaica have vehicle carriers for delivery from port to showroom..

But then how else the people gonna redline the new engines, fly dong the highway, bobbing and weaving through traffic with the new vehicles, etc. when moving them from the port to the showroom?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 9th, 2021, 2:50 pm

@drchaos, I'm surprised paramount or gopauls or rahamuts did not invest in this idea.

I don't know if you guys can recall this but back in 1995/96, SS built a brand new showroom for Mazda. It's the building currently opposite Richmond St. gas station. That was the new Mazda showroom until SS allocated it strictly for Audi.

SS even went on to upgrade the showroom that once had BMW vehicles in it for their Kia lineup. The old Kia showroom subsequently got assigned for Isuzu and Mazda remained next door in Tragarete road even up till today.

SS treated Mazda like a step-child and that is the brand that built them. Those were the days of the late Aziz and Nazir Ahamad. This new showroom they building, I won't be surprised if that ends up with Audi or Kia vehicles while Mazda inherits one of the 2 older spots.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 9th, 2021, 5:47 pm

Southern Sales in Cipero Road needs a drastic overhaul.I've seen used car dealerships in much better condition.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 9th, 2021, 7:27 pm

witnessed more than a few times suzuki and toyota vehicles in convoy from port.....can't pay new price seeing that...

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 11th, 2021, 3:49 pm

So a questions for those that are knowledgeable on Audis

I asked the sales rep for a spec sheet on the 2020 A4. The car comes with a 2.0L Turbocharged engine. However it only makes 150HP.

Why would Audi have such a large displacement turbocharged engine doing so little HP? Especially while Mercedes doing 160HP from a 1.4L Turbocharged engine on their mid size sedans... did the sales rep make a mistake?

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » January 11th, 2021, 4:07 pm

The Audi A4 petrol range has simplified and been thoroughly worked over. A 148bhp 2.0-litre turbocharged engine called 35 TFSI kicks off the range, joined by two higher-powered versions of the same engine - producing either 187bhp or 242bhp, and badged 40 TFSI and 45 TFSI.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/audi/a4/engines

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » January 12th, 2021, 8:07 pm

KIA Seltos new price is $231k, more than a Sportage.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 13th, 2021, 2:25 am

I don’t think we get that detuned 2.0 TFSI here. The entry A4 is in fact a 1.4TFSI as we saw previously ITT.

The Kia Seltos started off at $209k now it’s $231k lol. It’s a third world slant to the model that sells in NA and I think ours is built in India and has 2 airbags.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 13th, 2021, 3:55 am

Because an engine that is overbuilt (or under-stressed) generally lasts longer with fewer problems... But the manufacturer also did it with cost in mind
Gladiator wrote:So a questions for those that are knowledgeable on Audis

I asked the sales rep for a spec sheet on the 2020 A4. The car comes with a 2.0L Turbocharged engine. However it only makes 150HP.

Why would Audi have such a large displacement turbocharged engine doing so little HP? Especially while Mercedes doing 160HP from a 1.4L Turbocharged engine on their mid size sedans... did the sales rep make a mistake?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » January 13th, 2021, 8:58 am

trinigamer wrote:KIA Seltos new price is $231k, more than a Sportage.

Heard that the Niro (presently out of stock) would be priced at $239K (Dynamic) and $271K (Exclusive).

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » January 13th, 2021, 5:54 pm

Wow madness yes, I'd buy a van yes, heard tax concessions stay on those.
Capleton wrote:

Heard that the Niro (presently out of stock) would be priced at $239K (Dynamic) and $271K (Exclusive).

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » January 14th, 2021, 8:16 am

zando wrote:Wow madness yes, I'd buy a van yes, heard tax concessions stay on those.
Capleton wrote:

Yep, pick-ups would fall under commercial vehicles, so they would not be affected.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 14th, 2021, 10:49 am

(Sub)compact crossovers Kias for almost $300k??.............man the business case to keep your current ride getting better.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » January 14th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Agent I know you were interested in laser lights so here you go.

the tech is nothing short of amazing

Lafast said 60k to spec lasers lol

PXL_20210114_195630354.jpeg
PXL_20210114_195704856.jpeg
PXL_20210114_195556223.jpeg
321768619.jpeg
560474935.jpeg
616165559.jpeg

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » January 14th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Capleton wrote:
zando wrote:Wow madness yes, I'd buy a van yes, heard tax concessions stay on those.
Capleton wrote:

Yep, pick-ups would fall under commercial vehicles, so they would not be affected.

Don't talk too loud nah..

limegreen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby limegreen » January 14th, 2021, 5:27 pm

A172 wrote:Agent I know you were interested in laser lights so here you go.

the tech is nothing short of amazing

Lafast said 60k to spec lasers lol

616165559.jpeg
560474935.jpeg
321768619.jpeg
PXL_20210114_195556223.jpeg
PXL_20210114_195704856.jpeg
PXL_20210114_195630354.jpeg

Nice, def makes a difference.

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » January 14th, 2021, 11:02 pm

Was doing some research on the Laser Lights, and found this review. They compared it to the Matrix Led in the Skoda vs the Laser in the BMW and the matrix Led covered both a wider area and was overall brighter. I suspect the Audi matrix system will have more individual leds than the skoda (only 16). The S Class Benz headlights has 84 Leds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iElE9_RFDGA
Around 11 mins in has the results.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » January 15th, 2021, 11:55 am

agent007 wrote:On the flip side, we must demand proper treatment from professionalism to customer service from these 7 authorized dealership entities.

When one purchases a new vehicle, please guys (I know you all watch this thread and probably contribute too), clean those vehicles properly before delivery.

Many sales people or dealership staff, have this habit of leaving the factory supplied floor mats in the trunk and instead place a plastic or a cardboardish type or brown paper material over the carpet which gets twisted up so much that muck and grime is spilt onto the carpet. Some don't put anything at all. On the day of delivery, the sales reps would cover up that mess by putting the factory supplied mats over the carpet, giving you the illusion that all is well under there. Even after a supposed vacuum, the carpet is always not properly cleaned.

Whoever details the vehicles before delivery generally do a piss poor job. Brand new vehicles, almost 99% of them require paint correction straight from the showroom floor. No wonder many vehicles go to get autocliniqued or karimkhaned upon delivery.

Now about that showroom floor thing, you would think your car is delivered in air conditioned comfort over some glassy looking porcelain tiles. Think again. Some deliveries are done on the yard, under an eve or a shed. Some just plain ridiculous and have your vehicle in the hot blazing sun or in rainy weather parked there in the open yard, subject to all climate elements, waiting for you to collect.

All brand new vehicles should be delivered within a section of the showroom where it can easily be driven out. The term "showroom vehicle" is derived from that experience duh! Some vehicles never see a showroom, it's from the port to bond and from bond to dealership's parking lot.

Then there's new vehicles with a bunch of stones stuck in the grips of the tyres. Like where have you all been? Did the drivers visit a sand pit down Claxton Bay before delivery?

Also, dirty undercarriages. Nothing turns me off to see a stink undercarriage in a vehicle about to be delivered. These drivers, where did they go? Rallying in a mud track in Gran Couva? Gosh man, clean the bloody thing cause we know dealership drivers will be flogging those new vehicles during hard rain for a set of road grime and slush to stick up all over. It's even more obvious when you purchase a vehicle that comes with the spare tyre mounted below the vehicle. Think pickups and vehicles such as Sorento and Prado etc. I can bet 100% guarantee that you will see stink muck under there when taking delivery because they gave it a quick wash. It have sprangers in POS who can wash cars better than some dealers and all they have is 1 bucket of water and 1 cloth.

Many owners overlook these things when taking delivery of a vehicle and its a shame that in this day and age, where vehicles are so expensive now, it's like taking out another mortgage. At least dealerships can go the extra mile and treat their inventory properly before it is delivered. After all, their healthy margins are getting better and our salaries are not. At least we deserve it, not so?

Invest in vehicle carriers like we see them in the US for example. It avoids new vehicles from getting stone chips and from getting dirty unnecessarily.

Just my $0.02

I fully agree
I know one dealer who caries all his vehicle form Port to Collection point via Tow truck

Czar Distribution
Attachments
1-15-2021 11-50-40 AM.png

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 16th, 2021, 10:05 pm

kamakazi wrote:Because an engine that is overbuilt (or under-stressed) generally lasts longer with fewer problems... But the manufacturer also did it with cost in mind

Another consideration is that these large companies work on manufacturing scale.
Cheaper to produce a 2.0 TFSI with 2 to 3 different tunes vs a 1.4, a 2.0 and a 2.4

otherwise their complexity increases

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 17th, 2021, 8:59 pm

drchaos wrote:
kamakazi wrote:Because an engine that is overbuilt (or under-stressed) generally lasts longer with fewer problems... But the manufacturer also did it with cost in mind

Another consideration is that these large companies work on manufacturing scale.
Cheaper to produce a 2.0 TFSI with 2 to 3 different tunes vs a 1.4, a 2.0 and a 2.4

otherwise their complexity increases

I suspected as much...

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » January 18th, 2021, 8:26 pm

I don't think BMW's really had great headlights though, the lasers are prob better now but in terms of led and projector types hyundai did better than bmw.
Pirate wrote:Was doing some research on the Laser Lights, and found this review. They compared it to the Matrix Led in the Skoda vs the Laser in the BMW and the matrix Led covered both a wider area and was overall brighter. I suspect the Audi matrix system will have more individual leds than the skoda (only 16). The S Class Benz headlights has 84 Leds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iElE9_RFDGA
Around 11 mins in has the results.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 19th, 2021, 12:45 am

Question. Is there a local dealer for MG now?

Seeing this ad pon the IG....
Screenshot_20210119-004346__01.jpeg
Screenshot_20210119-004332__01.jpeg

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » January 19th, 2021, 1:12 am

Monk BANzai wrote:Question. Is there a local dealer for MG now?

Seeing this ad pon the IG....
Screenshot_20210119-004332__01.jpeg
Screenshot_20210119-004346__01.jpeg

Ditto. Literally just saw this pop up as well.

My money’s on MG man

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”