TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » December 16th, 2020, 2:45 pm

I like what they're trying to do here with the video. First observation is a mistake mentioned by the sales person within 1 minute and 45 seconds of the video, he mentions it's a 1.5 engine. It's actually a 1.0 3-cylinder engine unless they are getting a different spec now.

Of course, there are other mistakes, but I'm also not perfect. Good start nevertheless...

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » December 16th, 2020, 4:39 pm

biggest mistake was the radio playing hott93...NOT an ANSA radio station, even though they gave 95 a shameless plug n the earlies

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » December 17th, 2020, 2:15 pm

I wonder if the other episodes would be only ANSA vehicles and have biased opinions like a Mustang and a Focus ST tying in a drag race?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » December 18th, 2020, 9:15 am

Habit7 wrote:I wonder if the other episodes would be only ANSA vehicles and have biased opinions like a Mustang and a Focus ST tying in a drag race?

So far it seems like it's strictly an ANSA TV show.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 18th, 2020, 11:16 am

Not everybody willing to take on the headache of getting mechanical work done on a vehicle right after they just bought it, or any random components failing within the first month of ownership, etc.
You also have a more complete knowledge of the history of a vehicle when you purchase new.
wtf wrote:Isn't buying a new car a waste of money when you can get a decent used car for a great price?
Discuss..

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » December 18th, 2020, 12:41 pm

kamakazi wrote:Not everybody willing to take on the headache of getting mechanical work done on a vehicle right after they just bought it, or any random components failing within the first month of ownership, etc.
You also have a more complete knowledge of the history of a vehicle when you purchase new.
wtf wrote:Isn't buying a new car a waste of money when you can get a decent used car for a great price?
Discuss..

DISCLAIMER: People are easily offended these days, so please note this is for discussion not argument.

Even though the chances are substantially lower and there is relief through warranty (which still has holes in some instances), to be fair, components can also fail on a new vehicle. Carluva, Agent007 and I had a fruitful little discussion higher up in the thread, about used vs. new vehicle.

Again, this is the new car thread, so much respect to that but I think most of the proponents for purchasing a new vehicle can be countered/debunked if you will. New car sales however, are always going to be a thing, whether for pips or practicality.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 18th, 2020, 8:02 pm

RE: ANSA commercial YouTube video,

They could false hype a Ford EcoSport how much they want, if it was the last vehicle in the world, I still wouldn't buy it.

Speaking of used cars, Visham Babwah strikes again:

http://www.looptt.com/content/used-car- ... population

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 18th, 2020, 8:32 pm

what is a special exemption for maskless interaction ?
did they both do covid tests repeatedly for a few days to make sure they safe on each other ?

Mark!
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Mark! » December 20th, 2020, 8:43 am

A172 wrote:
wtf wrote:Age of the vehicle also will send prices up..
Oldest is 3 years you can go..
Most roro dealers already bring 3 year old cars in any year because it easier for ppl to get 100% financing. Many would never even bring 4 year old cars simply cus it easier for the no $ crew to get 100% on newer cars.

Many dealers already ordered 2018 cars and all sold out & most of them shipments aint even reach here yet.

Anyways back to new cars, hold that

870136527.jpeg

2114910426.jpeg

Looking good man.

Liking that the plates not drilled too

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 20th, 2020, 9:07 am

A172, tell me you didn't use 3M two sided tape lol. I had such in 1 of our rides and after a while it started to sag a bit.

A172

Postby A172 » December 21st, 2020, 6:36 pm

lol yeah the 30lb one

it have a way to apply it, been using that for years on several vehicles and never unstick

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 22nd, 2020, 7:35 am

Any info on that corolla cross?? Looks decentish

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 22nd, 2020, 1:10 pm

Looks nicer than the RAV4 but HSM just launched the 2020 Yaris Cross Hybrid even before TTTL lol. Not sure what the price is but I expect it to hover around Vezel territory if not a bit more, since it's a Toyota!

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » December 22nd, 2020, 8:59 pm

Amendments to the Motor Vehicle Act
Nothing on DUTIES and VAT though. But I assume it’ll be the same 25% and 12.5% as non hybrid/electric vehicles.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 23rd, 2020, 5:34 am

agent007 wrote:Looks nicer than the RAV4 but HSM just launched the 2020 Yaris Cross Hybrid even before TTTL lol. Not sure what the price is but I expect it to hover around Vezel territory if not a bit more, since it's a Toyota!

I reading the corolla cross made in Thailand :|

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 27th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Front reminds me of a hybrid of a Tesla model 3 and model X
agent007 wrote:Looks nicer than the RAV4 but HSM just launched the 2020 Yaris Cross Hybrid even before TTTL lol. Not sure what the price is but I expect it to hover around Vezel territory if not a bit more, since it's a Toyota!

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 28th, 2020, 5:11 am

Now seeing a yaris cross added in the mix. Like toyota looking to compete against vezel etc

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 28th, 2020, 7:11 am

Scotty, I think Visham Babwah made a comment on that bill basically indicating that it is too ambiguous. In a few days, I guess we will see the true reflection of prices across the board.

Shakes and Kamakazi, I heard the Corolla Cross is coming too. Achievors advertised the Yaris Cross for $275k. Currently, those grey market Vezels can reach as high as $225k to $240k for the RS. With the supposed increase in tax, let's wait and see what the new price would be for a Vezel RS in relation to the Yaris Cross and the CHR.

So much theoretical variables concerning the whole industry at the moment, lets see how this plays off generally where new vehicle prices are concerned.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » December 28th, 2020, 1:39 pm

agent007 wrote:Scotty, I think Visham Babwah made a comment on that bill basically indicating that it is too ambiguous. In a few days, I guess we will see the true reflection of prices across the board.

Shakes and Kamakazi, I heard the Corolla Cross is coming too. Achievors advertised the Yaris Cross for $275k. Currently, those grey market Vezels can reach as high as $225k to $240k for the RS. With the supposed increase in tax, let's wait and see what the new price would be for a Vezel RS in relation to the Yaris Cross and the CHR.

So much theoretical variables concerning the whole industry at the moment, lets see how this plays off generally where new vehicle prices are concerned.

Are all of those Hybrid vehicles you referring to? or is it that there is a tax increase on non-hybrid as well?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 28th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Well, the CHR is being imported in two flavors, a 1.2T and a 1.8 Hybrid. The Vezels I've seen are 99.9% 1.5 hybrid. Concerning the Yaris Cross, I assumed since HSM imported the hybrid variants that Achievors did same too.

When the concessions return on 1/1/21, I expect the price gap between a Vezel and the Yaris Cross/CHR to be almost eliminated.

But consider something, the Toyota Rush 1.5 which sold for $239k was always subject to tax. How is it, a grey market import (Vezel) which enjoyed concessions was being priced similar to a Rush?

The profit margins the grey market sect enjoyed is indeed astounding! I can't wait to see how this plays out in a few days. The dealerships probably already colluded to determine pricing strategies for 2021 and beyond.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » December 29th, 2020, 7:28 pm

agent007 wrote:Well, the CHR is being imported in two flavors, a 1.2T and a 1.8 Hybrid. The Vezels I've seen are 99.9% 1.5 hybrid. Concerning the Yaris Cross, I assumed since HSM imported the hybrid variants that Achievors did same too.

When the concessions return on 1/1/21, I expect the price gap between a Vezel and the Yaris Cross/CHR to be almost eliminated.

But consider something, the Toyota Rush 1.5 which sold for $239k was always subject to tax. How is it, a grey market import (Vezel) which enjoyed concessions was being priced similar to a Rush?

The profit margins the grey market sect enjoyed is indeed astounding! I can't wait to see how this plays out in a few days. The dealerships probably already colluded to determine pricing strategies for 2021 and beyond.

Same thing I’m saying. The grey market is making a mint! Especially with those hybrid vehicles.
Hence why I would always try my best to import my own vehicle personally and have done successfully for the last two. Thank Gos

Mark!

Postby Mark! » December 30th, 2020, 12:10 pm

December 29th, 2020
MEDIA RELEASE

Fraud Squad Seeks Assistance in Locating Vehicles Purchased with Fraudulent Cheques

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service is advising automotive sales dealers to be wary of individuals purchasing new motor vehicles with fraudulent Managers’ and Personal Cheques from any financial institution.

According to recent reports made to the Fraud Squad, five new vehicles have been obtained from automotive dealers in this manner by a person of interest to investigators. The Fraud Squad advises that persons engaging in these transactions should seek clearance from their respective banks before parting with their goods.

The person of interest reportedly bought five vehicles which investigators are now seeking assistance in locating:

1. White Honda CRV – Registration#: PEA 1969
2. Grey Black Orange Nissan Frontier – Registration#: TEA 6581
3. Black Orange Nissan Frontier – Registration#: TEA 1132
4. Pearl White Toyota Hilux Revo – Registration#: TEA 7832
5. Silver Mitsubishi Triton – Registration#: TEA 7909

Anyone with information on the location of these vehicles, is asked to contact the Fraud Squad, at 625-2310, 623-2644, 652-3128, 657-4116 or 653-7834.

Corporate Communications Unit
December 29th, 2020
END

From Police Fb page.

What we missing here?
They asking for help and they give out Number Plates.

They have to have more info if somebody purchase a WHOLE vehicle

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 30th, 2020, 12:30 pm

So 5 vehicles were purchased with fake cheques. 2 from ANSA, 2 from Massy and 1 from TTTL.

Aren't cashiers trained to detect a fake certified cheque?

What about the plethora of compliance documents/requirements needed to be submitted prior to delivery? Won't investigators have enough information to make an arrest by now?

What are the odds a dealership receives fake documents, fake IDs, fake utility bills or bank statements, plus a fake cheque and releases a vehicle like everything normal?

Just now to buy a new vehicle, dealerships will ask for electronic bank transfers only and only upon verification of receipt of funds, they will release the vehicle/s.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 30th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Won't a certified copy help them? Rather than asking the public?

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » December 30th, 2020, 12:32 pm

agent007 wrote:So 5 vehicles were purchased with fake cheques. 2 from ANSA, 2 from Massy and 1 from TTTL.

Aren't cashiers trained to detect a fake certified cheque?

What about the plethora of compliance documents/requirements needed to be submitted prior to delivery? Won't investigators have enough information to make an arrest by now?

What are the odds a dealership receives fake documents, fake IDs, fake utility bills or bank statements, plus a fake cheque and releases a vehicle like everything normal?

Just now to buy a new vehicle, dealerships will ask for electronic bank transfers only and only upon verification of receipt of funds, they will release the vehicle/s.
Sounding like ah inside job..

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 30th, 2020, 12:46 pm

This fella on a roll, probably has a fake certified copy with a fake address and fake VINs.

The plates those vehicles left the dealerships with probably were registered using the fake name with fake address. Those vehicles probably on the road now with different plates with "matching" certified copies.

It really sounds like an inside job on both ends, ie. Dealership and licensing.

Or I could be overthinking this and the singular idiot probably used legit documents and IDs with the cheques being the fraudulent aspect. If that's the case, its LOL for the stupidity of the dealerships and the police turning to the public for help.

Some Catch me if you can movie stuff.

Mark!

Postby Mark! » December 30th, 2020, 3:07 pm

And dont forget surveillance footage...

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 30th, 2020, 8:04 pm

I don't think I received my certified copy until a month after I got my vehicle... But that was years ago. Have things improved

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 30th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Improved yes. You get certified copy upon collection because licensing officers go to dealerships directly and register vehicles in batches.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 30th, 2020, 9:01 pm

I’m a couple days late with this but I just had to post this photo for you guys. I think it’s a really nice shot.
IMG_2996.JPG

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”