TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 14th, 2020, 9:55 am

IMG_2723.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG
IMG_2711.JPG
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2716.JPG
IMG_2719.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG

Advertisement
User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 14th, 2020, 9:56 am

IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2717.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2720.JPG

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1864
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby nick639v2 » October 14th, 2020, 2:21 pm

One of my friends in AU got his new bt50 delivered monday
FB_IMG_1602699597521.jpeg

User avatar
roadhog
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 801
Joined: June 8th, 2004, 11:09 pm
Location: following the yellow brick road

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby roadhog » October 14th, 2020, 3:28 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Imagine the price they gonna try and buss for it na. And it will be nowhere near trimmed or outfitted as that new Invincible. Saw a white as well from Czar Distribution I think.


Looks like they brought a few units that sold already .

$385k is the quoted price.

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2144
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby PariaMan » October 14th, 2020, 6:42 pm

Any pics?
roadhog wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:Imagine the price they gonna try and buss for it na. And it will be nowhere near trimmed or outfitted as that new Invincible. Saw a white as well from Czar Distribution I think.


Looks like they brought a few units that sold already .

$385k is the quoted price.

User avatar
roadhog
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 801
Joined: June 8th, 2004, 11:09 pm
Location: following the yellow brick road

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby roadhog » October 14th, 2020, 8:19 pm

PariaMan wrote:Any pics?
roadhog wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:Imagine the price they gonna try and buss for it na. And it will be nowhere near trimmed or outfitted as that new Invincible. Saw a white as well from Czar Distribution I think.


Looks like they brought a few units that sold already .

$385k is the quoted price.

Check their Facebook page.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 14th, 2020, 8:49 pm

Your friend has taste and I see what he replaced the new bt50 with lol?
nick639v2 wrote:One of my friends in AU got his new bt50 delivered monday
FB_IMG_1602699597521.jpeg

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 14th, 2020, 8:51 pm

The new raja chariot has arrived oui! Dem not easy..
PariaMan wrote:Any pics?
roadhog wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:Imagine the price they gonna try and buss for it na. And it will be nowhere near trimmed or outfitted as that new Invincible. Saw a white as well from Czar Distribution I think.


Looks like they brought a few units that sold already .

$385k is the quoted price.
FB_IMG_1602722883053.jpeg
FB_IMG_1602722885342.jpeg
FB_IMG_1602722878038.jpeg
FB_IMG_1602722887837.jpeg
FB_IMG_1602722880550.jpeg
FB_IMG_1602722860507.jpeg
FB_IMG_1602722852664.jpeg
FB_IMG_1602722850397.jpeg
The attachment FB_IMG_1602722869410.jpeg is no longer available

User avatar
rebound
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1395
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby rebound » October 14th, 2020, 11:27 pm

385k yuh say inno...

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 15th, 2020, 12:03 am

We back on orbit with this one...
FB_IMG_1602733752680.jpeg

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby carluva » October 15th, 2020, 8:26 am

That not really shocking. The high spec leather interior from TTTL is around that same price.

BTW is the vehicle in those pics really the new 2021 Hilux? It's a Rocco which looks very similar to the current Roccos.
rebound wrote:385k yuh say inno...

User avatar
roadhog
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 801
Joined: June 8th, 2004, 11:09 pm
Location: following the yellow brick road

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby roadhog » October 15th, 2020, 8:46 am

carluva wrote:That not really shocking. The high spec leather interior from TTTL is around that same price.

BTW is the vehicle in those pics really the new 2021 Hilux? It's a Rocco which looks very similar to the current Roccos.
rebound wrote:385k yuh say inno...


2021 is just really a facelift
And better performance

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby carluva » October 15th, 2020, 9:19 am

I know. But is that pic the 2021 model or just the last Rocco before the 2021 model?
roadhog wrote:
carluva wrote:That not really shocking. The high spec leather interior from TTTL is around that same price.

BTW is the vehicle in those pics really the new 2021 Hilux? It's a Rocco which looks very similar to the current Roccos.
rebound wrote:385k yuh say inno...


2021 is just really a facelift
And better performance

User avatar
rebound
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1395
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby rebound » October 15th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Makes you wonder what car prices would go to with the quotas and tax increase..

I treasuring meh Bicycle now yes.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 15th, 2020, 12:57 pm

The new Rocco brought in via grey market as posted above are the new 2021 models. It’s the 2nd facelift for the new Hilux but this time with a bump in hp and torque. 201hp and 500Nm torque. So it officially dethrones the Ranger/BT-50 3.2 as well as the Colorado 2.8 with their 197hp rating by a total of 4 additional horses. These 4 horses are much needed to handle the additional chrome that is expected to add weight to the vehicle when purchased locally.

With the new BT-50 with less power and the Colorado making it’s possible exit for good. The pickup HP/torque war will be between Toyota and Ford.

TTTL previously sold their top-spec leather SRV for $355k. So the grey market dealer adding a further $30k to their price was expected since they have exclusivity for now. Same concept they applied for the new L200 which sold at $355k or a whopping additional $56k over the non refresh units currently at DM which includes a 2 year free service package.

Major markups these grey market people are enjoying!

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1864
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby nick639v2 » October 16th, 2020, 2:02 pm

agent007 wrote:Your friend has taste and I see what he replaced the new bt50 with lol?
nick639v2 wrote:One of my friends in AU got his new bt50 delivered monday
FB_IMG_1602699597521.jpeg
Loll bt was actually his wife's choice. They lived on the east coast, so alot of damage control still and she bought it to put to work. Both vans are getting the tub pulled off and going full custom. I love what they do there with those flat bed trays.




Oh btw, Ansa just got new sporteros, available for viewing from tomorrow in the showrooms.

digitalgamingtt
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 1
Joined: August 26th, 2018, 5:45 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby digitalgamingtt » October 16th, 2020, 7:25 pm

What are the general thoughts about the ford ranger 2.2l 4x4 automatic? Ansa has 2021 models in stock now and its 299k.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 16th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Ford is such a low energy brand here now. They sell the ranger and the ecosport alone right? Ranger get tired so maybe you can try something else.

What’s going on with Chevrolet guys? Hearing some rumors in a car WhatsApp group that they exiting the T&T market. Is this true?

Also, the Jeep Compass 1.4T is $299k, who ever thought that a Jeep can be so “affordable”?

Is something up with these 3 American brands locally? Are they struggling, are they pulling out? Any inside info would be appreciated, thanks.

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1864
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby nick639v2 » October 16th, 2020, 9:06 pm

digitalgamingtt wrote:What are the general thoughts about the ford ranger 2.2l 4x4 automatic? Ansa has 2021 models in stock now and its 299k.
Yea they had it a while now actually. With the sync3 system etc. I personally don't like the way it handles acceleration, there's a slingshot feel to the transmission and the body roll, took it off the lists for me.

Test drive before hand... I can't stress this enough, let it be your determining factor....cuz reliability these days is directly related to how you maintain your vehicle. (Scroll up a bit to my review, everything the Bt50/ford interchangeable in that script)

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 25987
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 18th, 2020, 8:06 pm

Front of that new hilux has a fortunerish look...agent, any info on engine?? 1kd??? 385k for a pickup though....scratches head

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 18th, 2020, 11:27 pm

1KD phased out since 2018. We getting the new 1GD and that 2021 refresh is the updated 1GD, call it an unofficial 1GD-FTV v2 if you may.

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2144
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby PariaMan » October 19th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Spoke to a Toyota salesperson

She said the facelift model will not be before the new year but no definite date
agent007 wrote:1KD phased out since 2018. We getting the new 1GD and that 2021 refresh is the updated 1GD, call it an unofficial 1GD-FTV v2 if you may.

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby carluva » October 19th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Same thing I was told today and that there's limited stock... All that is available is the 2.4l in which there's the sale and the 2.8l mid spec fabric for 312k. Facelift model should be here not before end-January.

PS Pariaman, did you call south TTTL and if so did you speak to the hoggish lady who didn't seem too interested in speaking to a potential customer? Her attitude was almost as if "These Toyotas will sell regardless of whether I speak to you or not, so stop wasting my time with a bunch of questions"....

Real stink attitude
PariaMan wrote:Spoke to a Toyota salesperson

She said the facelift model will not be before the new year but no definite date
agent007 wrote:1KD phased out since 2018. We getting the new 1GD and that 2021 refresh is the updated 1GD, call it an unofficial 1GD-FTV v2 if you may.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 25987
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 19th, 2020, 7:50 pm

agent007 wrote:1KD phased out since 2018. We getting the new 1GD and that 2021 refresh is the updated 1GD, call it an unofficial 1GD-FTV v2 if you may.


Didnt you do a write up on the 1GD?? Can you link it please, need to do some research on that engine to see its worth investing in a raj lux

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1688
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » October 19th, 2020, 11:17 pm

I wrote up a comparison between our Hilux and our np300 in the pickup thread but I don’t recall anything on the 1gd. But if you search this thread, back in 2016, another user posted this info:

1KD-FTV
3.0 DOHC 16V in-line 4 CRDi VNT
uses timing belt
2 counter rotating balance shafts
5-speed automatic with manual shift mode
120-127kW @ 3400rpm (161-170hp)
360Nm /265 ft-lbs peak torque @ 1800-3400rpm
Euro 4/5
17.9:1 compression ratio
135mpa/1350 bar/19,580psi
TMIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1GD-FTV
2.8 DOHC 16V in-line 4 CRDi VNT
uses timing chain
single counter rotating balance shaft
6-speed automatic with manual shift mode
130-132kW @ 3400rpm (174-177hp)
450Nm / 332ft-lbs peak torque @ 1400-2600rpm
Euro 6
15.6:1 compression ratio
135mpa/1350bar/19,580psi
FMIC

Toyota claims the new 2.8 in comparison to the old 3.0 has a 30% smaller turbo; 25% more torque; 15% more fuel efficient;30% smaller catalyst and 44% better thermal efficiency.

User avatar
scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1776
Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm
Location: Point Of No Return
Contact:

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby scotty_buttons » October 20th, 2020, 6:50 am

agent007 wrote:I wrote up a comparison between our Hilux and our np300 in the pickup thread but I don’t recall anything on the 1gd. But if you search this thread, back in 2016, another user posted this info:

1KD-FTV
3.0 DOHC 16V in-line 4 CRDi VNT
uses timing belt
2 counter rotating balance shafts
5-speed automatic with manual shift mode
120-127kW @ 3400rpm (161-170hp)
360Nm /265 ft-lbs peak torque @ 1800-3400rpm
Euro 4/5
17.9:1 compression ratio
135mpa/1350 bar/19,580psi
TMIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1GD-FTV
2.8 DOHC 16V in-line 4 CRDi VNT
uses timing chain
single counter rotating balance shaft
6-speed automatic with manual shift mode
130-132kW @ 3400rpm (174-177hp)
450Nm / 332ft-lbs peak torque @ 1400-2600rpm
Euro 6
15.6:1 compression ratio
135mpa/1350bar/19,580psi
FMIC

Toyota claims the new 2.8 in comparison to the old 3.0 has a 30% smaller turbo; 25% more torque; 15% more fuel efficient;30% smaller catalyst and 44% better thermal efficiency.


How’s the GD coping with our diesel.

Remember initially Toyota reps was speaking against the grey market GD engines and they were still selling the KD.

Unless the KD that they sell has some special tuning for our high sulphur diesel

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1181
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby carluva » October 20th, 2020, 7:54 am

I was told by a TTTL technician that the 1GD is doing very well. It's been in our country now about 4+ years and to date, I haven't heard of any issues. I even know a few people who bought the 1GD from the grey market while TTTL was still selling the 1KD, and these folks have no issues.

I am not sure if any tweaks were done to the map for the TTTL 1GD, but I was also told that local fuel samples were sent to Toyota for analysis and this in turn would have been compared to the 1GD engine design to "optimise" compatibility. I can't say for certain if that's true or not, so I'll have to take the word of my contact.

But the point is, and this is on the basis that what I've said is indeed the case (which I believe to be true as many other dealers seem to do the same) Toyota seems to do a bit more research in local conditions before a vehicle is introduced to market. Grey market does not and they will bring a vehicle from a another market that was not necessarily meant for the local market.

Of course, given that many of the 1GDs seem to be faring well, grey market and local, then this could debunk any statements that research was done into local conditions. Or, maybe the 1GD is such a hardy engine that it'll work here no matter what.

Regardless, I strongly believe the 1GD is doing well here and doesn't appear to have any major issues.

BTW, you can't really "tune" an engine for sulphur. Sulphur is a "poison" in fuel and sulphur is responsible for the acidity in an engine which, over time, causes damage and wear. Sulphur is also a pollutant to the environment as the combustion process results in sulphur dioxide. Engine is tuned for fuel quality which has to do with composition of the fuel (cetanes+). That is why engine oils have a TBN or total base number which reflects the alkalinity of the oil which in turn will neutralise the effects of acidity due to sulphur and nitrogen. This helps reduce the effects of acidity in the engine.

scotty_buttons wrote:
agent007 wrote:I wrote up a comparison between our Hilux and our np300 in the pickup thread but I don’t recall anything on the 1gd. But if you search this thread, back in 2016, another user posted this info:

1KD-FTV
3.0 DOHC 16V in-line 4 CRDi VNT
uses timing belt
2 counter rotating balance shafts
5-speed automatic with manual shift mode
120-127kW @ 3400rpm (161-170hp)
360Nm /265 ft-lbs peak torque @ 1800-3400rpm
Euro 4/5
17.9:1 compression ratio
135mpa/1350 bar/19,580psi
TMIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1GD-FTV
2.8 DOHC 16V in-line 4 CRDi VNT
uses timing chain
single counter rotating balance shaft
6-speed automatic with manual shift mode
130-132kW @ 3400rpm (174-177hp)
450Nm / 332ft-lbs peak torque @ 1400-2600rpm
Euro 6
15.6:1 compression ratio
135mpa/1350bar/19,580psi
FMIC

Toyota claims the new 2.8 in comparison to the old 3.0 has a 30% smaller turbo; 25% more torque; 15% more fuel efficient;30% smaller catalyst and 44% better thermal efficiency.


How’s the GD coping with our diesel.

Remember initially Toyota reps was speaking against the grey market GD engines and they were still selling the KD.

Unless the KD that they sell has some special tuning for our high sulphur diesel

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2144
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby PariaMan » October 20th, 2020, 10:07 am

2021 facelift
pql7idr9w00zaw8res9g.jpeg

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1864
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby nick639v2 » October 20th, 2020, 11:43 am

Mehhh. I don't that grill at all, but basically the same van at the end of the day. The ys23 twin and single turbo is the mainstream engine for the np300 worldwide now. Wonder what will be done for our market

User avatar
rebound
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1395
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby rebound » October 20th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Almost Hiluxish..

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests