TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Electrical issues/not starting

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Electrical issues/not starting

Postby Coppershot » April 16th, 2020, 7:51 am

Good day,

I have ongoing issues with a Tiida.
I purchased a maintenance free battery around February this year.

Week 1: Started getting issue with car not starting/turning over. Eventually it would start after several tries. This happened 2 times until week 4. Checked battery (still under warranty) and vehicle alternator charge by garage where i got battery. Everything is charging correctly.

Week 4: Car not starting/turning over. Same as before this time. Alarm goes off when trying to start. Eventually I get it to start by arming/disarming alarm. I went by alarm installer before the lockdown and they said it could be low voltage or other electrical issue.

Week 5. Car loses electrical power very quickly then comes back on while driving. Radio cuts off/dash light flashes. Car refused to start after i parked it. I checked battery voltage and its on 12.4v.

The mechanic/electrical ppl closed until April 30th.
Last edited by Coppershot on April 16th, 2020, 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Electrical issues/not starting

Postby Jade_Inc. » April 16th, 2020, 8:41 am

Throw away d wetman, buy a lancer.
Lancer is always d answer.
My 2 cents.
Sorry I couldn't help much.

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » April 16th, 2020, 10:47 am

Next ride will most likely be a Toyota.

OK. Got car to start. Battery was reading 12.4V. I did the alarm toggle arm/disarm a couple of times. Car started. Alternator showing 14.2V then dropped to 14.1v. Switched off. Battery showing 12.7-12.8 volts. Still trying to figure out why it electrical switched off and on earlier.

Alternator belt is in place and looks ok. Probably will change that since it never been changed. I also did a ground fault test Scotty video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcGT1bNrsAM . Voltage is the same. Checked battery ground, engine head cover and another ground on driver side. Everything looks ok.

When the car lost electrical power and then came back on as previous post, I was switching from Park to drive. Then it did it a second time when i was reversing into a yard, midway during reverse.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 16th, 2020, 10:59 am

What about the fuse on the battery terminal? Make sure that is in good condition...no corrosion etc

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2020, 7:49 pm

checked the battery cables?
is there any play in the wiring to the terminals?

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wingnut » April 16th, 2020, 9:04 pm

Did you check the ground wires?

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”