TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Review on the 2016 X-TRAIL HYBRID

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

S]<uLLeR_DAN
Street 2NR

Review on the 2016 X-TRAIL HYBRID

Postby S]<uLLeR_DAN » May 8th, 2017, 12:28 pm

Just need a review on this, people that own it, who did own it.
Thinking of getting one Brand New From Maska Motors, they offer 50k Miles or 4 years warranty.

Now, just like when Front wheel drive was taking over an everyone was like "i doh wah no front wheel drive car" now almost all is front wheel drive. They say the battery pack is USD7K used, but it's a fairly new vehicle on the market an will obviously cost a lot right now to replace anything. The cost to repair an replace batteries should cost less in 5 years from now.
Anyways,
let me know what you guys think,

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Review on the 2016 X-TRAIL HYBRID

Postby ramishrrr » May 9th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Last week I delivered a2015 X-Trail Hybrid doing close to 9,000kms. Everything delivered was under TT$180K. The owner was extremely pleased. I have another being shipped from Japan next week.
Last month I delivered a Honda Vezel Hybrid (HR-V)

All the major Japanese manufacturers are going that way.
And yes, it is like front wheel drive...........it will take the world by storm.
I knew a guy who cried down FWD. He is still alive today, driving a PAH Galant wagon. Poor fella !

When I was a boy, my father bought a year-and-a-half Cortina L from the family of the owner who had died. When we opened the bonnet, we saw that someone had removed the alternator and replaced it with an old-time generator !!! Apparently the alternator was too much high-science to fix, so they chucked in a generator. Today, anybody can fix an alternator.

I am not losing sleep over owning Hybrids. I have my car for sale. If it sells, then is a Toyota Prius Alpha for sure. I will worry about the battery pack when that time comes. The man on You Tube crying down Hybrids wasting his time. If the USA that has stringent traffic laws can approve the Toyota Prius for 20 years now, (which is in its THIRD generation) then he is using up a lot of oxygen for nothing.

My advice to the public is " GO HYBRID".

Too, I feel that Imbert will not leave the TT$40 Customs charge like that for too long.
Yes folks, only TT$40 !!!

If you want to buy an X-Trail Hybrid, now is the time. Don't have regrets !
Peace.
RR.
Attachments
DSCF1495.JPG
DSCF1494.JPG
DSCF1492.JPG
DSCF1491.JPG
DSCF1490.JPG
Last edited by ramishrrr on May 9th, 2017, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 9th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Another top quality looking vehicle. Will be in touch with you soon

S]<uLLeR_DAN
Street 2NR

Postby S]<uLLeR_DAN » May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm

Well obviously i think a seller of the vehicle will have positive things to say.. lol

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 9th, 2017, 4:46 pm

ramishrrr wrote:Last week I delivered a2015 X-Trail Hybrid doing close to 9,000kms. Everything delivered was under TT$180K.

Is the battery in engine bay a normal car battery???

I'll be the one to ask and its only cuz its in my blood... Will hooking up a lil amp an stuff cause any conflicts?

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » May 11th, 2017, 7:03 pm

I have been doing some research on the Hybrid System of Toyota. The Prius is in it's third generation, and it is 20 years now that it has been produced, and has gotten good reviews. The latest model is a plug-in hybrid with a 26-mile range with speeds up to 80mph on battery power. If I am purchasing a Hybrid vehicle for myself, I am leaning towards Toyota......not that the others are bad.
I brought more than one Toyota Corolla Axio Hybrid from the port. I reached speeds over 70kmh on battery power coming down the Hochoy. Of course it will change your driving style to conserve fuel. Do not be fooled too. They have very rapid acceleration !
When I look at what these guys have invented, I feel that they were a few levels ahead of the motor car world in their thinking. I was really impressed. For you internet surfers, go and see the videos on You Tube for yourself.............not the one with the Trini guy expressing unfounded fear about the high voltage battery pack under your seat !!
As a previous contributor expressed that "i think a seller of the vehicle will have positive things to say", technically I am not a seller of the vehicle. I am just telling it as it is. My gain is fixed per vehicle that I import, hybrid or not. But we have to appreciate the quantum leap in technology regardless if it is a Japanese-made Hybrid or the American supercar Tesla.
How many mechanics do we have in Trinidad ? How many of them can actually take a new car and improve the styling, aerodynamics, the motor's performance or suspension in a practical way ? Watch the guys who take a perfectly good car, paint it in some flourescent colour, and destroy the suspension, fit the wrong size wheels and have the average driver cussing under his breath when he is driving behind them. That is a good example of our motoring thinking.
Since 2012 all Japanese Camrys are Hybrid. There are now Fit, Accord, Civic, Axio, Fielder, Noah, Voxy, Crown, Vitz, Note, X-Trail, Serena, Axela.........and more hybrids.
This is the way the automotive world is going, and if we do not go forward with them we will be left back, and eventually we will find ourselves not only left back, but going backwards.

Oh !.......... The X-Trail has a regular 12V Battery on the left side behind the rear seat. Check the photo of my previous post. I suppose you can wire in your aftermarket stereo, amps etc.

Peace.
RR.
Last edited by ramishrrr on May 11th, 2017, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » May 11th, 2017, 7:35 pm

How difficult it is for a home diy mechanic to maintain a hybrid?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 11th, 2017, 7:51 pm

RR when you get a chance can you post some photos of the displays in the Xtrail, my major concern is driving a vehicle with a whole lot of Japanese writing on screens. Even if I can figure it out, I just hate to see it.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » May 11th, 2017, 9:24 pm

I had a client who fiddled with the dash display on an Xtremer X model (gasoline only) and got it to display in english.
The main thing on the Hybrid model are the graphics that anyone can understand, that show when :
1. The engine is powering the vehicle.
2. The electric motor is powering the vehicle.
3. When both engine and motor are powering the vehicle.
4. When the battery pack is being charged by kinetic energy or the engine
5. The level of stored charge in the battery pack.

However on the stereo, the Japanese-language symbols cannot change.
Peace.
RR.

Stark Auto Rentals
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Stark Auto Rentals » May 25th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Owned one for a couple months now. Did 8000km on it so far with no issues. Vehicle was bought as a new vehicle from Japan. Pretty simple to change the dash to English from Japanese. Mine came without the factory deck. so I installed an aftermarket pioneer DVD deck which connected to the oem reverse camera easily. Also added an amplifier and subwoofer.

In terms of maintenance, the original filters from Massy for the X-Trail are the same, so they're pretty easy to obtain. In my opinion, the vehicle service maintenance is basically the same as a regular X-Trail, as the hybrid system itself requires no maintenance as such.

In terms of fuel economy, I am somewhat of a spirited driver, and whilst I'm impressed with the engine's performance, I am not impressed with the fuel economy. I average 550km/tank. I believe the vehicle takes about $230 super to full. I get around 600kM/tank on a BMW I own which takes around $300 premium to full, so to me there is no real advantage that the hybrid has in terms of fuel economy.

Overall, I like the Hybrid X-Trail and would recommend it to anyone that is interested in buying one.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 25th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Good info here

BIG BLUE
Street 2NR

Postby BIG BLUE » May 25th, 2017, 7:14 pm

I also bought a hybrid xtrail back in December 2016 and 7800 km later I have no problems with it, on average with only in city and slow moving traffic driving I get about 850 km on a tank of super.I had an Almera doing this same run before and I would spend just about $800 per month and now with the hybrid I just about $4oo per month . I am pleased and have recommended this vehicle to many of my friends family and co workers

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 25th, 2017, 7:44 pm

That's great savings there

Nissan12
Street 2NR

Postby Nissan12 » May 25th, 2017, 8:20 pm

I bought an X-trail *just* before they came out with the hybrid. Can't wait for my 3 years to come to an end so I can sell and buy one. One more year again! If I can get a bligh from MoT&I I'll sell now! Rode around in a Ford Fusion Hybrid las week and loved it.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 26th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Stark Auto Rentals wrote:Owned one for a couple months now. Did 8000km on it so far with no issues. Vehicle was bought as a new vehicle from Japan. Pretty simple to change the dash to English from Japanese. Mine came without the factory deck. so I installed an aftermarket pioneer DVD deck which connected to the oem reverse camera easily. Also added an amplifier and subwoofer.

In terms of maintenance, the original filters from Massy for the X-Trail are the same, so they're pretty easy to obtain. In my opinion, the vehicle service maintenance is basically the same as a regular X-Trail, as the hybrid system itself requires no maintenance as such.

In terms of fuel economy, I am somewhat of a spirited driver, and whilst I'm impressed with the engine's performance, I am not impressed with the fuel economy. I average 550km/tank. I believe the vehicle takes about $230 super to full. I get around 600kM/tank on a BMW I own which takes around $300 premium to full, so to me there is no real advantage that the hybrid has in terms of fuel economy.

Overall, I like the Hybrid X-Trail and would recommend it to anyone that is interested in buying one.

What model bmw?? This is very intriguing

Stark Auto Rentals
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Stark Auto Rentals » May 30th, 2017, 10:01 am

320i F30.

The thing with the hybrid is that it runs on electric under very light load. So if you're cruising around 60km or less, etc. Most of my runs are highway runs and I'm usually in a hurry, so I can say that the vehicle isn't usually on electric often in my case. For example, I've done 8,891km so far on the vehicle, and 1,429km of that was on the electric motor. The dash has an indicator for how much kilometers you've driven on the electric motor, which is cool.

As such, the savings for me isn't great, but I'm not complaining. I'm sure for someone who's inclined to take their time when accelerating and driving, they may benefit more in terms of fuel economy.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » May 30th, 2017, 10:43 pm

I have driven Honda, Nissan and Toyota Hybrids and the Toyota (Axio) runs the longest on motor power before the engine cuts in. As a matter of fact, I reached 75kmh on the Hochoy on motor propulsion only. Of course, road/traffic conditions determines that.
The type of driving we do, and the traffic situation will have the engine cutting in all the time.
Drivers with heavy-foot (most of us) will not realise too much savings. The idea to benefit from battery power, is to accelerate gradually to build up speed. Doing this will only get the drivers behind you impatient, overtaking and cutting in front of you all the time. No one has time for that kind of thing.
I suppose the savings will be greater in crawling traffic conditions.
Peace.
RR.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 18th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Considering the Xtrail hybrid but unfortunately I do mainly highway driving and the changing over to gasoline at 80 km/hr may be a factor that is turning me away from it .does it use super ? I'm basically going from a diesel vehicle to possible hybrid but the fuel savings may not be there for me . But for suitable people this Xtrail seems amazing and function and looks

cbalky
Riding on 13's

Postby cbalky » September 7th, 2017, 1:12 am

The following info was found on https://en.nissan.co.th/owners/owner-manual.html.

Page 13 ." If the vehicle is parked for a long period of time the Li-ion battery discharges gradually. If the Li-ion battery is completely discharged and the hybrid system cannot be activated , contact the Nissan dealer."
"The vehicle cannot run if the Li-ion battery is discharged"
" The hybrid system uses high voltage up to approx 235 volts"

Nissan says that the Li-ion battery can last 10 years but it has not proved itself as yet. If it fails....can a replacement be sourced and what will be the cost?

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » September 8th, 2017, 3:50 pm

A vehicle being shipped from Japan takes 4 weeks. Sometimes if it has to be trans-shipped from Jamaica it takes 6 weeks. During that time none of the sailors on the ship goes to start the Hybrid vehicles so that the Li-ion batteries would be topped up. Ain't got time for that !
When the vehicle arrives, the port workers drive it off the ship, and after a couple of days I go to collect it. No problem.

Unless you are going to serve in Afghanistan, going to do a semester in a foreign university, posted as the T&T ambassador in Ghana, kidnapped by Boko Haram, or caught by the DEA smuggling coke on a Methanol tanker in Atlanta, then my question is, " How long do you usually leave a vehicle in isolation here in T&T for the battery to run down ?".
And if you do get arrested by the DEA then a lil' X-Trail Hybrid won't matter anymore. And too, by the time you have served the time at Donald Trump's pleasure, every Tom, Dick an' Harry fixin' hybrid in T&T.
You would not have to "contact the Nissan Dealer" about your hybrid system that "uses high voltage up to 235 volts."
Peace.
RR.

PS. I have an aunt in Massachusetts with a 2007 Toyota Prius. She comes to Trinidad for up to 3 weeks at a time. She has never, have had, upon return, to contact the Toyota Dealer about her hybrid system that "uses high voltage up to whatever voltage !!"

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”