TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

B14 LSD Gearbox Axles

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ddog
3NE 2NR for life

B14 LSD Gearbox Axles

Postby ddog » October 20th, 2015, 8:10 am

Hey guys, I am running a G16 LSD gear box on my B14 but having some problems with the right sides axle. The right side axle cup I got with the box seems to be a little longer than it should be. It mounts up perfectly fine, however it seems that it is maybe about an half inch longer than it should be. Looking at the axle seal, the cup has about half inch of the seal mating surface sticking out.

When running 90 body gearbox oil there was a very very slight leak through the right side axle seal however now that I have switched over to 75w - 90 LSD oil it leaks like crazy. Also the seal has been replaced with a new one and it still leaks.

I have been advised in the bamboo that the right side axle for the LSD setup is the same as the regular manual "fat" axle. However I already bought and tried one of these and I encountered the same problem.

Is there a special right side axle cup for the LSD setup?

xxjamalxx
Ricer

Re: B14 LSD Gearbox Axles

Postby xxjamalxx » October 20th, 2015, 10:09 am

I have a right side from a VZR b14 that came with the sr16 lsd gearbox. You're free to come check the axel. Call me at 3585318

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 8th, 2015, 12:27 am

Try my stupid advice and use a regular cup like the left side. I can't see the cup being different in a lsd box.

ddog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ddog » November 14th, 2015, 7:42 am

I tried a couple regular axles but it still leaks when using "LSD" gear oil. If I use straight 90 body oil it barely leaks, but I am guessing it affects the LSD as the car runs like crap after about 30km, feels like its holding back with some major power loss. After 30km the engine revs but the power isn't transferring to the wheels. I haven't driven it much with the 75w-90 but when using this, the car seems to run fine.

I am gonna try changing the seal again, in case the seal I changed wasn't properly installed. I tried Massy and a couple parts places but couldn't get the seal to buy. After explaining to Massy Motors where I got the gearbox and what vehicle it came from, I got the frustrated response "Where allyuh does go and get them thing to buy boi?" before the guy found the part number for me...LOL

Anyway this is the seal :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Trans-Ou ... 5v&vxp=mtr

It's a 2 step seal. I had bought this online before, but if anyone can point me to a local parts place that has this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”