TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

question ga15de

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

question ga15de

Postby centralized(m) » March 14th, 2013, 7:55 pm

car cuts off/dies while in d first few minutes of driving from when cool/cold. it gives a very hard start usually taking a couple of tumbles den it starts back up. After the "episode" the car don't cut of at all and runs well.....

if car stays couple mins and idles/warm up it doesn't cut off while driving. (may stutter)

Changed throttle body (from mechanic advice) and thought that was the problem but it wasn't. i admit car runs little better with this "new" throttle body but still cuts off as mentioned above. So if not throttle body what else can it be? someone mentioned the crank angle sensor! where is this sensor located? and is this d cause of my problems. Is this a symptom of it going bad?

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Re: question ga15de

Postby centralized(m) » March 15th, 2013, 11:55 am

was also told it can be the engine temperature sensor/coolant temp sensor.....any help is appreciated...

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » March 15th, 2013, 12:42 pm

so i just went to find the location of the coolant temp sensor....turn car on to c how it runs at idle from cold once again...strange thing happened. d fans came on for jus a few secs (about 3) and turned off, car also rough idled. Car was nowhere near normal operating temp when that happened just barely above the cold mark. Not normal right?
So is it safe to say its the wiring of that sensor to the harness or the sensor itself going bad?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » March 15th, 2013, 1:44 pm

the coolant tem sensor is cheap to replace you could try that you can get it new
or buy a used one off a f.used engine for about 30-40$
you will need i think a 21 deep socket and its quite simple

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » March 17th, 2013, 3:41 pm

thanks x_factor
anybody else? any further help on the topic?

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » March 18th, 2013, 9:45 pm

so jumped in car today and didnt warm up like i should.......big mistake....6 mins into driving car dies....try to restart not a crank. when it finally did it start and died like 5 times.. b4 fully starting (huge cloud of black smoke out the muffler) and not cutting off. drove "normal" after that....that was d worst i eva got so far....thought i would have neva started back.....
WHAT'S GOING ON???????????
(gonna try and get the ect sensor tomorrow by motorist oui)

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » March 18th, 2013, 9:53 pm

next time you try to start and it doesnt wanna start, quickly disconnect the fuel line, put it in a bottle and see if fuel comes through, that way u can rule out the pump failing or shorting

next, try changing the complete fuel rail and injectors

next, tumble the ignition and check the plug wires to see if the plugs getting current
(i did the ole screwdriver and put it near the shock bolts to see if i had spark, i dunno how safe is it)

did u change the coolant temp sensor yet?

next, check here for the manual to help locate and refer to stuff
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=211403

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » March 19th, 2013, 5:41 pm

so i brought a new ects from neal and massy, the one with the blue head. went got it installed. plug it in and found d car did run slightly different. wen i returned home i decided to reset the ecu. so i took off the battery poles. did some battery maintenance one time and den put it back on.
PRESTO!
the idle is smooth, car started alot stronger, d car temp gauge reading correct. left d car idling for 10mins and the gauge didnt pass quarter. drove it for 5 mins and gears shifting better. things running considerably smooth. up to now my temperature hadn't gone up to half and d fans hadn't come on. that mean d car runnin cooler. less gas being dumped into cylinders causing flooding and car finally entering open and close loop better without no cutting off.

Conclusion: Got to know that this sensor is somewhat a "master sensor" and after d ecu read this sensor parameters from start up is now able to tell the other sensors when the engine is warmed how to behave. change this part if u getting any of my symptoms, even rough idling or engine check light and see if it works. don't forget to reset your ecu when you do.

Marquis Stone 1
Riding on 13's

Postby Marquis Stone 1 » February 20th, 2020, 4:35 am

I got a Nissan ga15 engine in my car and I cant seem to figure out what the problem is with it, if had several mechanic's check it out and still no fix. The car drove home perfect with no problems, 5 min later I started it and I began to buck and backfire then cut off.
It would stay on for maybe a min and when I mash the accelerator it would die down almost to cut off, sometimes it would cut off. So far if been advised to change distributor, throttle body, plugs and plug wires, both timing chain tensioners, coolant temperature sensor, oil and filter, gas filter and treatment, head gasket.....
And nothing seems to help, its been a month now and I'm absolutely frustrated, spent alot of $ and I'm still in the same position.
Can anyone give me some advice plz? Desperation has set in at this point!

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » February 21st, 2020, 10:08 am

Injectors...if you could physically take them out and have them cleaned would be better
There are a couple places offer this service

You can also look for vacuum leaks

Marquis Stone 1
Riding on 13's

Postby Marquis Stone 1 » February 21st, 2020, 10:57 am

I did that but still the same issue

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”