TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tiida 2006 e-4wd Generator Problem

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

terique
Street 2NR

Re: Tiida 2006 e-4wd Generator Problem

Postby terique » January 10th, 2016, 10:59 pm

Hey. i did the conversion. What you need to do is get the pulley for the 2wd generator. you dont need to buy the whole geenrator. The problem is that the 4wd pulley as a wider space on it rather than the 2wd so you just need to get that. i did that and my problem was fixed. all i have now is the 4wd light constantly on but i can definitely live with that. all i need now is a water pump and someone good with suspensions from south

NR7
Riding on 13's

Postby NR7 » February 29th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Not sure if anyone needs help with this.. The e4wd alternator pulley is slightly wider. You need to get the 2wd alternator or pulley. Also the compressor will now bolt on to the engine directly.

byanymeansbro
Ricer

Postby byanymeansbro » September 26th, 2016, 5:35 pm

I know this post is a bit old but I'm going to do same thing on a hr15 4wd Wingroad engine.

But I just confirming two things.

1. Do you have to get a 2wd alternator or can I reuse the 4wd.

2. Does the AC Compressor really bolt on to the engine block after you use the 2wd bracket.

Thanks Tunners'

terique
Street 2NR

Postby terique » September 26th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Yes you do need the 2wd alternator. The belt will keep walking off the pully on the 4wd. Yes the ac bolts directly onto the engine.

nigel_df
Ricer

Postby nigel_df » September 26th, 2016, 6:44 pm

Correct is right.now u are set. Good luck.

Azima
Riding on 13's

Postby Azima » September 1st, 2018, 9:07 pm

Hey there. I'm living on a hill and also drive on some serious hills so was actually interested in e4wd note tiida or wingroad. Anyone at least went forward n repaired their 4wd version? Or anyone just had no problems at all with their 4wd version? Or any knows mechanics that are great with these or places that stock parts?

IvanTerrors
Trinituner Peong

Postby IvanTerrors » November 1st, 2018, 6:28 pm

Pm me

Derrion
Riding on 13's

Postby Derrion » February 29th, 2020, 11:29 pm

Densil wrote:what I end up doing was this......I condemned the four wheel electronic thing... doing some research..I have a hr15de engine... went down to bicks... looked at a hr15 engine.... took the engine belt, the manual adjustable pulley with the engine bracket......( the hr15de engine has a self tensioner pulley that cost $3700) came back home removed the alternator, removed the ac compressor, removed the old self tensioning pulley and the entire old bracket... mounted the new manual tensioner with bracket, the ac compressor and alternator back up to the engine with the new shorter belt..... and wala... converted the engine to a 2we... works like a charm now...I spent $1000tt..... on the foreign used parts... did all the work myself.. took 2 hours... engine was hot....lol... couldn't wait for it to cool down.... the only issue now is that the 4wd light on the dash is illuminated constantly...I could live with that... better than buying a part for $3700 .... never used the 4wd anyways... so no loss here...... so basically there three pulleys doing nothing...I removed the other two that were just free wheelers.. they were attached to the bracket I removed and at the bottom of the ac compressor.....oh..I forgot to mention... the$1000 was for the belt.. the bracket... the pulley and finally the alternator... which cost the bulk of the money... so technically if u don't need the alternator like me ( alternator needed changing)it would have cost about $400... even better

Denzil is it possible I could get your number I want to to do the same but I need a little guidance...... or anyone who did the conversion

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 17th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Question, hopefully one of u with the e4wd still vibsing this thread.
The generator, the electrical out, does it go to the normal battery, does it go to a separate battery or does it go directly to the motor in the back?

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » October 18th, 2020, 5:29 am

I insulated the hot that came off the generator, secured it with cable ties. 4wd light is on and car runs normal.
sMASH wrote:Question, hopefully one of u with the e4wd still vibsing this thread.
The generator, the electrical out, does it go to the normal battery, does it go to a separate battery or does it go directly to the motor in the back?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 18th, 2020, 7:20 am

pjfred wrote:I insulated the hot that came off the generator, secured it with cable ties. 4wd light is on and car runs normal.
sMASH wrote:Question, hopefully one of u with the e4wd still vibsing this thread.

ok ok but where does the hot connect to? the battery or straight down to the motor? or does it go to like a electical box and then somewhere else?

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”