Forums

Shell or Valvoline

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chris00007
3NE 2NR for life

Shell or Valvoline

Postby Chris00007 » December 28th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Which oil brand better, Shell or Valvoline fully synthetic? Same price, so what's your experience?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Shell or Valvoline

Postby *KRONIK* » December 28th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Anyone TBH

Both are good

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 28th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Chris00007 wrote:Which oil brand better, Shell or Valvoline fully synthetic? Same price, so what's your experience?

Hello Chris00007,

Used Shell, Valvoline, Mobil, Pennzoil, Liquimoly, Amsoil, Castrol and quite a few others...

No significant difference with on sched oil changes.

Viscosity/Body should always be a consideration.

Careful with what you are told as well...someone using NP oil who changed every 5,000 kms will more than likely say they experienced no problems as compared to someone using Valvoline with procrastinated maintenance saying the oil is sheit.

Chris00007
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Chris00007 » December 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Chris00007 wrote:Which oil brand better, Shell or Valvoline fully synthetic? Same price, so what's your experience?

Hello Chris00007,

Used Shell, Valvoline, Mobil, Pennzoil, Liquimoly, Amsoil, Castrol and quite a few others...

Careful with what you are told as well...someone using NP oil who changed every 5,000 kms will more than likely say they experienced no problems as compared to someone using Valvoline with procrastinated maintenance saying the oil is sheit.

Thanks bro

But is the oil compatible with eachother? Like if I full up with Valvoline but next time I use the remaining Valvoline from the gallon as well as Shell...would there be any problems? Obvs it'd be the same body 10w30

Sorry for the stupid questions, new to this car thing

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 29th, 2020, 7:15 am

dont mix oils, each oil is produced with different additives, the bottle will say if can be mixed with others or not.
Eg: shell bottles state it can be mixed

But pick 1, correct body required for the vehicle, and stick to it.
Change it on time, use good filters
And yuh good to go.

Chris00007 wrote:But is the oil compatible with eachother? Like if I full up with Valvoline but next time I use the remaining Valvoline from the gallon as well as Shell...would there be any problems? Obvs it'd be the same body 10w30

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 13th, 2021, 9:38 pm

Most oil labels say that they are able to be mixed... It probably isn't a good practise. That said I haven't had a problem 100000+ kms and 50000+ kms in two different vehicles. My vehicles however don't care much about tailpipe emissions

Once the oils meet the required spec, and the range of viscosities recommended you shouldn't have any problems. However if the oils have differing specs you will have problems.

Chris00007 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello Chris00007,

Thanks bro

But is the oil compatible with eachother? Like if I full up with Valvoline but next time I use the remaining Valvoline from the gallon as well as Shell...would there be any problems? Obvs it'd be the same body 10w30

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”