Forums

Fluctuating idle speed

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rennie Steve
Riding on 13's

Fluctuating idle speed

Postby Rennie Steve » August 13th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Hi guys, i have a 2006 nissan note that stutters at starting, I removed the intake hose and saw that inside the trottle was coated with thick grime, so I unbolted the trottle from the plate and sprayed it with trottle body spray, gave it a wipe, did not push against the butterfly. Then i bolted it back, started without a stutter but now the idle fluctuates between 1500and 2500rpm, can someone advise please!!

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Fluctuating idle speed

Postby black start » August 13th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Fluctuating idle could be a vacuum leak. But the ethrottle itself may need recalibrating, could start with that....

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » August 15th, 2017, 8:38 am

black start wrote:Fluctuating idle could be a vacuum leak. But the ethrottle itself may need recalibrating, could start with that....

^ This.

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » August 15th, 2017, 2:22 pm

contact someone who can reset the idle in the ecu

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 15th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Rennie Steve wrote:Hi guys, i have a 2006 nissan note that stutters at starting, I removed the intake hose and saw that inside the trottle was coated with thick grime, so I unbolted the trottle from the plate and sprayed it with trottle body spray, gave it a wipe, did not push against the butterfly. Then i bolted it back, started without a stutter but now the idle fluctuates between 1500and 2500rpm, can someone advise please!!

get the idle calibrated but be warned doing a calibration when the system is not properly cleaned would give bad results -as you only cleaned the throttle body. theres the injector and injector rail & air flow sensor yet to be cleaned.

so doing a calibration with only cleaning the throttle, the result is like brushing your teeth on the top jaw and leaving the bottom jaw "jus so"

if you wish to re calibrate without doing a full proper tune up any of the powersellers with a scan tool can do this for you.

if you want to clean everything and then recalibrate properly check either ryotech performance (aka ryan) or big z on the forums.

those two tuners have the necessary skill and equipment to service your vehicle properly.

note if you elect for a full service take along a set of new plugs and they'll swap it out for you one time.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » August 16th, 2017, 10:16 am

Advent wrote:contact someone who can reset the idle in the ecu

The easiest fix without goin and reset with a diagnostic scanner is unplug the brain and plug it back.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”