Forums

WTK: Sunroof Repairs

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

WTK: Sunroof Repairs

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 16th, 2012, 12:47 pm

I did not use the sunroof in my car in a very long time and when I opened it yesterday, it refused to close. Usually I would open and close it a few times each weekend just to make sure everything is working (I don't use the sunroof, but the car came with it), but probably the last two months the car was mostly parked up and I only used to take it out just to ensure the battery did not run down.

When the sunroof refused to close, I examined the tracks. Nothing look misaligned and the tracks were clean. I was able to manually close the sunroof using the supplied tool and had no real issues to get it closed.

Can anyone recommend someone who can look into this problem for me? If the headliner has to come down, I really want someone who has the proper tools to do the job and not stick any old screwdriver the pry off the trim and end up breaking the clips and damaging the trim.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards,

RP

P.S. I did a search already (+sunroof +repairs), but did not find any useful information.

chronoz3x
Riding on 13's

Re: WTK: Sunroof Repairs

Postby chronoz3x » November 29th, 2016, 9:52 am

Hey Tuners, my sunroof on 2006 CS3 Lancer was stuck open yesterday. Got it to close with some WD40 and hand strength but it is not fully closed and sealed. Can anyone help me with this, looking for any experienced techs in this area.

Much Thanks.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: WTK: Sunroof Repairs

Postby Rory Phoulorie » February 24th, 2021, 12:48 pm

:bump:

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”