Forums

WTK if b13 front shock can work on almera front

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Liquid
Ricer

WTK if b13 front shock can work on almera front

Postby Liquid » May 28th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Yeah guys jess on ah lil drop low project. Both the b13 and almera front shock iz almost identical, but the main reason why i wanna use the b13 shock is because the saucer which supports the spring iz lower than the almera hence giving a lower drop. I spoke to someone concerning this and he mentioned that i wont get abs if i use the b13 shock (someone explain that). Also, after lookin at the stem on both shocks, the thinnest part of it(this is where the shock head sits) is longer than the b13 which have me wondering if there will be enough room to bolt it up to the body of the car.

Currently the eye of my front shock has been lifted an inch higher on the barrel but every so often the bottom of the barrel will burst the boot rubber and i dont want that.

So.................can someone help? Can i use the b13 shock for my project? Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

D_bodyguard
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby D_bodyguard » May 28th, 2009, 7:44 pm

well i know bout B13 inside out but not relly bout the almera. if it carries the correct bolt up then it will work ......secondly the ABS will work once you use back the rotor setup . Remember you are only changing the shock itself which holds 2bolts on the underneath and 3-4 nuts on top! plus check if rotor will not be too big and if the tyre will touch the fender those problems may occur!!

Liquid
Ricer

Postby Liquid » May 29th, 2009, 8:08 am

I think the bolt up is identical and the body of the shock iz more or less the same size. Am currently running 205/45/16 and intend on buying 35 series tyres after installation of shock which inturn would eliminate tyre to fender contact.

D_bodyguard
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby D_bodyguard » May 29th, 2009, 12:19 pm

very well it will work and don't worry bout the ABS it will work since you using back the rotor setup!!!

oxidation
Sweet on this forum

Re: WTK if b13 front shock can work on almera front

Postby oxidation » June 1st, 2009, 7:11 am

Liquid wrote:Yeah guys jess on ah lil drop low project. Both the b13 and almera front shock iz almost identical, but the main reason why i wanna use the b13 shock is because the saucer which supports the spring iz lower than the almera hence giving a lower drop. I spoke to someone concerning this and he mentioned that i wont get abs if i use the b13 shock (someone explain that). Also, after lookin at the stem on both shocks, the thinnest part of it(this is where the shock head sits) is longer than the b13 which have me wondering if there will be enough room to bolt it up to the body of the car.

Currently the eye of my front shock has been lifted an inch higher on the barrel but every so often the bottom of the barrel will burst the boot rubber and i dont want that.

So.................can someone help? Can i use the b13 shock for my project? Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh gawddd alyuh go kll meh

boy try some lowerng sprngs nah

check the weght of a b13 to an almera

Liquid
Ricer

Postby Liquid » June 3rd, 2009, 2:41 am

what iz de worst that cud happen?

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » June 3rd, 2009, 10:38 pm

I recommend you stick to Almera shocks!
Or just get lowering springs for it.

Also I heard the Primera Shocks are lower than B14 shocks, but you can look into it.
I heard someone used Primera shocks already on their B14 to get it lowered.

(In other words, Primera and B13 shocks are lower than B14 and N16...but i recommend you use Primera shocks or just get lowering springs)

Liquid
Ricer

Postby Liquid » June 3rd, 2009, 11:20 pm

cool m,an thanks but why not to use b13?

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”