Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

biggz1985
Street 2NR

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby biggz1985 » December 23rd, 2011, 10:59 am

The Apple VGA Adapter - need help here ppl finding one ASAP!!!(In Trinidad)

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » December 23rd, 2011, 5:56 pm

Redman wrote:Would those be the same for post paid?

Im still trying to figure out the settings to get the data service.

Im on the BB unlimited plan post paid.

Thanks!

Later

yup!

GTcruzer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby GTcruzer » December 23rd, 2011, 8:57 pm

i clicked on the restore (or reset iPhone) on my 3G while it wasn't connected to a computer...... it stuck on the opening apple pic & the circular loading thing going round & round for 24hrs. not being recognized by iTunes when i plug in. what to do?

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » December 23rd, 2011, 9:22 pm

Hold power and home button for about ten seconds.
I hunk that is equivalent to a battery pull for a blackberry.

GTcruzer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby GTcruzer » December 23rd, 2011, 10:40 pm

got through with my problem.... never mind

bolo23
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bolo23 » December 24th, 2011, 4:47 am

have any of you guys ever had a problem with incoming calls on your 4s.

i have a 32g 4s factory unlocked and people are trying to call me and they are getting the weird ring that happens when when u normally are somewhere without service.......(with the click at the end.) my service is fine so its not that

my texting is taking long to get back to me as well, can someone assist?

do i need to call bmobile or something?

ryan99tt
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ryan99tt » December 24th, 2011, 12:30 pm

if u hav on the edge feature that happens...

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » December 24th, 2011, 3:18 pm

hmm thought it was only me hearing that weird click noise when calling people. i could swear the person answer the call :lol:

bolo23
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bolo23 » December 24th, 2011, 5:54 pm

thanks for the info, so whats the solution do i need to take it off

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » December 25th, 2011, 11:33 am

Merry Christmas all

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » December 25th, 2011, 11:42 am

Yeah blessing I the season guys and gals.
As Crazy say, put some Jesus in your Christmas this year.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 26th, 2011, 11:34 am

Apple TV is da bomb, just saying

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Iphone freaks. Need some help

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » December 26th, 2011, 5:11 pm

I know its probably here somewhere but i really aint goin thru that 200 page ched..

Iphone - digicel simcard.
Cut the card still says no sim.
Do i need a microsim? Digicel "tools" said they dont have a clue.
Whats the deal?

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Iphone freaks. Need some help

Postby ruffneck_12 » December 26th, 2011, 5:16 pm

prolly cut it bad?

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » December 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm

works in existing phone still

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » December 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:prolly cut it bad?

If your sure the phone unlocked a bad cut is most likely the problem

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » December 26th, 2011, 5:33 pm

cut correctly cutting tool cut it. theres no wrong way to cut it

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » December 26th, 2011, 7:49 pm

^^^

It factory unlocked?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 26th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Mr. Red Sleeper wrote:I know its probably here somewhere but i really aint goin thru that 200 page ched..

Iphone - digicel simcard.
Cut the card still says no sim.
Do i need a microsim? Digicel "tools" said they dont have a clue.
Whats the deal?
you don't have to read through all 200 pages - just use the thread search

anyway
insert the SIM and hard reset the iphone

restart it with the SIM inserted - it should pick up the sim now

I just cut a sim and the iPhone 4S wouldn't detect the SIM at all - did this and boom! it works

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » December 26th, 2011, 11:25 pm

Spire the Siri port is out... sort of... but it needs a Proxy server which needs a 4S to generate keys every 24 hours. and trust me... unless you want all your contacts/mail/SMS/GPS go through it... then use em. I currently just installed the package but i still seeing the stock voice control. Not sure what else to do.. hopefully tmrw someone has a guide up or something...

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » December 27th, 2011, 6:38 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Apple TV is da bomb, just saying

how long now i telling you that, run firecore on it now...

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » December 27th, 2011, 8:48 am

iOS 5.0.1 untethered JB released

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Postby zoelikescheese » December 27th, 2011, 9:10 am

some help please,
i was trying to update my iphone 3gs from i0s4 to ios5 but something went wrong and it said it cannot update then it asked if i want to restore it and now i getting a message saying it needs to be activated. the phone is jail broken :s and it was unlocked before all this happened....
i new to this so....

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » December 27th, 2011, 9:19 am

^^^

You did an OFFICIAL restore then?

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » December 27th, 2011, 10:31 am

Citing their usual industry sources within the Asian supply chain, DigiTimes claimed Dec. 27 that Apple is prepping an HDTV for a summer 2012 launch that will be initially available in 32-inch and 37-inch variants.

According to its report, suppliers will begin the early stages of production in the first quarter of 2012. Apple is apparently shooting for a Q2 or Q3 2012 release window. DigiTimes also confirmed that the device will be a full-fledged HDTV, and possibly a refreshed Apple TV set-top box:

Instead of a form of set-top box (STB) like the Apple TV launched in 2006, Apple’s new products will be full TV sets…However, other sources also revealed that Apple may continue to launch its next-generation STB-like Apple TVs in 2012 as it has lowered the price of its current version of Apple TV listed on Amazon by 9% recently.

The report also claimed the Korean press are running stories that confirm Samsung Electronics is producing chips for the Apple branded HDTV, while Sharp will supply the displays. This information supports a report from The Tokyo Times in November that claimed Apple signed with Sharp to begin production of large displays in January.

It also follows a lengthy report from WSJ that claimed Apple executives are in talks with heads of media companies regarding an HDTV with Siri-like voice control, enhanced AirPlay functionality, and iCloud/DVR capabilities.

------

pod2g wrote:Hello, as expected, the Chronic Dev Team and the iPhone Dev Team have released the A4 untethered for 5.0.1 based on my work.

It is exactly the same set of files, either distributed as a Cydia package for those that are already tethered or a redsn0w bundle for new users.

They both did a great job testing and integrating the payload.

Here is a link to their respective blog posts :
- Chronic Dev Team : http://greenpois0n.com/?p=150
- iPhone Dev Team : http://blog.iphone-dev.org
temporary redsn0w download links: http://pastie.org/3078869

Happy jailbreaking !!!

---

iPhone Dev Team wrote:@pod2g has created a terrific gift for iOS fans — an untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices!

Many of you have already been following @pod2g’s blog where he’s been keeping everyone up to date on his progress. And so you know that he recently decided to push the button on a release for all devices except the new iPhone4S and iPad2. @pod2g’s untether involves two separate exploits and a few other “tricks” — and since he’s taken the @comex approach of doing nearly everything himself, you know his plate has been full these past few months!

A few days ago, @pod2g gave the untether to both the iPhone devteam and the chronic devteam. We’ve put it into redsn0w 0.9.10 and PwnageTool, and the chronic devteam put it into a Cydia package (the same set of exploits is in all three).

Here are the basic steps for how to get it:

The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
As mentioned earlier, @pod2g has spent months working on all the exploits and tricks in this untether, and many of you may be wondering how you can send donations. Although the iPhone devteam itself doesn’t take donations, we thought it was appropriate to provide a link at the end of the redsn0w run for you to more easily donate directly to @pod2g if you wish (alternatively, you can go right here). There’s a link in the Cydia package for donating to the chronic devteam for the Cydia version of @pod2g’s untether.

@pod2g is now looking for a way to extend this to A5 devices. Because those devices cannot use geohot’s limera1n exploit to inject the untether, they require exploits above and beyond those used for this release. Keep following pod2g on twitter or his blog for any progress reports!

Here are the redsn0w download links:
redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for OS X
redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for Windows (be sure to run in Administrator mode)
PwnageTool Official Bittorent Releases

PwnageTool_5.0.1.dmg
SHA1 Sum = 32e90607378988cdebb6c76d3acf8ffac6366e35

Unofficial Mirrors

The following links are unofficial download mirrors, you download these archives at your own risk, we accept no responsibility if your computer explodes or if it becomes part of a NASA attacking botnet or even worse if your hands fall off mid-way during the use of these files. We do not check these links and we accept no responsibility with regard to the validity of the files, the other content that these links may provide or with the content that is on the third-party linked site.

Always check the files that you have downloaded against our published SHA1 hash.

We would prefer that you downloaded the official bittorrent release that is linked above, but you are welcome to try these if you really must.

Mirror owners should email mirrors to blog@iphone-dev.org - please ensure that they are direct dmg download links only (no rapidshare type sites please) and that your web-server can serve DMG MIME types properly. — please don’t place mirrors in the comments as they will be deleted.

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » December 27th, 2011, 11:16 am

Untethered > 8-)

Trinifieds
Street 2NR

Postby Trinifieds » December 27th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Hey Guys, need some insight/advice. I got a brand new factory unlocked 4S (box still wrapped in plastic) recently. After opening and using my TSTT sim I got past everyhing all the way up to the springboard. However, the phone is only saying "no service". I get the intermittent "searching" but it has never connected to the network. I have upgraded to the latest iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A406) which is spposed to fix this issue.

Did anyone have any problems like this? FWIW My sim is about 7 years old and I did read that the iPhone 4 uses the newer 128k sim as opposed to the older 64K sim (which I presume is the first/older version that TSTT used to use a long time ago).

Any advice/experienced info would be great.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » December 27th, 2011, 12:15 pm

Hmm, probably a 4S thing. My SIM in my iPhone 4 is 8 years old (2003 (so old its a TSTT not bmobile SIM)) & its working fine. I am now restoring from a backup (which seems to be slowing down the more time progresses) but I went through the activation process & it came up just fine.
I suppose since it is a new device doing a full restore wouldn't be that much of a detriment & hope that solves it.

------

On an unrelated note

More specifically

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Postby zoelikescheese » December 27th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Parvin wrote:^^^

You did an OFFICIAL restore then?

i rel new to this iphone thing
it saying it need to be activated
the phone was working fine before i tried to update to ios5

Trinifieds
Street 2NR

Postby Trinifieds » December 27th, 2011, 12:27 pm

SRASC wrote:Hmm, probably a 4S thing. My SIM in my iPhone 4 is 8 years old (2003 (so old its a TSTT not bmobile SIM)) & its working fine. I am now restoring from a backup (which seems to be slowing down the more time progresses) but I went through the activation process & it came up just fine.
I suppose since it is a new device doing a full restore wouldn't be that much of a detriment & hope that solves it.

Hey SRASC, thanks for the reply. I also have an iPhone 4 and the TSTT sim works perfectly. Did the factory reset, restore in iTunes etc on the 4S.. but nothing sems to work. But from what I understand it is a problem with the 4S. It seems to need the new 128K sim and you are right, my sim says "bmobile TSTT" also!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”